Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Chapter Five - Hall of Giants

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 19, 09 10:57 PM
amyhand wrote:you have 3 rocks, red blue yellow, how can you make other colors with these. only one rock will fit in the dish at a time?

Make powder with one color and pour that color into the mixing bowl. Take that rock out and put in the other color. Make powder from it and pour that powder in the bowl with the first powder.

HTH!

[Post New]by shanegr7 on Sep 20, 09 12:04 PM
madtoula wrote:thanks for the help earlier!

i am now in the cave in the painting and for some reason the wall bracket is not letting me place the torch. very frustrating.

I had trouble with the torch as well...however, when I went out of the cave, I picked up the torch and entered with it, then I had no trouble attaching it to the brackets.

Now I seem to be having trouble with the sheet of symbols. I can't seem to get it to work to help me decipher the codes on the wall. Anyone have any ideas?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 20, 09 12:37 PM
shanegr7, welcome to the Fish Pond. Click on the sheet of symbols and click on the upper left area to stick it to the wall. Then use it to decipher the segments on the wall.
... I found it easiest to start with the groups of 4. Look at the wall and find a segment with 4 characters. Then look at the paper for a group of 4. Match the symbols on the wall to those on the paper ... the paper has the correct symbols.
.... (using alpha characters for example purposes) For example, if the symbols on the paper are A B C D, you look for an A on the wall and click on it. Then move your cursor to the group of 4 on the wall and click on the first position. The two symbols should switch positions. Now click on a B and click on the second position of the group of 4 and the two symbols will switch positions. Your group of 4 should now read A B x x. Continue until the group of 4 on the wall are A B C D.

When you have the 4 on the wall changed, a symbol in the middle string will light up if it is in the correct position. If nothing lights up, find the next wall segment with 4 and change that one. If it lights up a symbol in the middle, then it's the right group of symbols. Hope this helps. Good Luck

[Post New]by Jbrobuck on Sep 28, 09 8:06 PM
Does anyone know where that tile is? I found it the other day, now I don't remember where I got it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 28, 09 8:13 PM
Jbrobuck wrote:Does anyone know where that tile is? I found it the other day, now I don't remember where I got it.
Jbrobuck, Welcome to the fish Pond. Just as you enter the Hall, there is a dark area on the left with a bracket for the torch. When you move the torch to that location, you'll see the tile missing from the lightening tile puzzle. Good Luck

[Post New]by mamadog1 on Oct 3, 09 4:37 PM
I have tried everything to get the torch on the bracket. I read through all the hints here and nothing seems to work. I have clicked, dragged etc. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by LydiaHT on Oct 30, 09 6:52 AM
cesse47 wrote:jprdwnr, pick up the star and the torch. Then see if you can exit. Good Luck

I can't find the torch - I know I'm just being blind but I really can't see it!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 30, 09 8:27 AM
LydiaHT,

The torch is first found in The Hall of Giants. Click on steps to right and a boulder will fall down and the large rock will crack. Place the chisel from your inventory on the rock. The lit torch will then be on the side of the large rock. The torch will be used in several other scenes and you have to remember to carry it with you.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Oct 30, 09 8:33 AM
LydiaHT wrote:
cesse47 wrote:jprdwnr, pick up the star and the torch. Then see if you can exit. Good Luck

I can't find the torch - I know I'm just being blind but I really can't see it!

We need to know more about where you are in the game exactly. The statement above by Cesse is talking about the star and the torch in the room where you do the symbols on the wall, and you would have previously placed the torch in the bracket on the left. From your question, I don't think this is where you are.

maizamaya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Chapter Five - Hall of Giants-The Carrot Sketch

[Post New]by maizamaya on Nov 19, 09 10:10 PM
skwashy wrote:The carrot sketch never popped out of the statue's mouth, and I copied the left eye exactly. What should happen? I've done it over several times. How can I get the carrot sketch?

Did you add the blue paint to the outside of the eye. It looks almost the same color as the face. Also there is a small drop of yellow.

maizamaya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by maizamaya on Nov 19, 09 10:12 PM
Jbrobuck wrote:Does anyone know where that tile is? I found it the other day, now I don't remember where I got it.

Move the torch outside the painting and put in holder to the left of the wall. It will light up and you will see the tile up a little from the flame.

[Post New]by bethelysa on Nov 22, 09 7:35 AM
So, I have the paint palette. But, there is no chisel. I looked in the place where there is supposed to be a chisel (according to the walkthrough); it's simply not there in my game. I have an ax, but no chisel. Any suggestions???

[Post New]by yarnhooker on Feb 4, 10 1:04 PM
I can't get into the painting in the hall of giants. I've aligned the lightning bolts and followed all the hints, but I still can't get into the painting. I've checked the top left tile, turned the blank tile, and made sure the top of the lines are all wider than the bottom. Any more suggestions???

yarnhooker

[Post New]by wjrplaytime on Feb 24, 10 7:28 AM

i am now in the cave in the painting and for some reason the wall bracket is not letting me place the torch. very frustrating.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 25, 10 12:21 PM
wjrplaytime wrote:

Do not click and drag the torch. Click the torch, turn loose and then click the bracket.

shae01
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shae01 on Apr 22, 10 2:28 PM
I am also stuck with the lightening bolts. I have checked and rechecked, moved
every block for the umpteenth time and here I sit staring at the darn picture, nothing happening. I lost the darn chisel, hope when I was trying to place it that it
landed where it was suppose to go...on the rock. Had to go back and get the red
block of paint now to get into the painting. Anyone else have any ideas besides
turning the blank rock with the little white edge on it. Please anyone HELP!
SSS

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Sep 1, 10 1:42 PM
HELP,,,,I didnt get a chisel,,,,,,do I have to start over!!

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Oct 14, 10 9:32 AM
I have mixed the colors with yellow and blue rocks I had. I never got the red one that was in the attic on the cloth. problem is I cant find a way to get back to that scene!! please help!!
Barb

[Post New]by Harriet_Crosby on Mar 2, 11 8:53 AM
Help! Playing on my iPad and I can't get the chisel to remove the plate from the rabbits eye--it just turns red underneath the plate, but the plate stays on--and boy am I frustrated! Thanks!!

[Post New]by greytmomma on Mar 3, 11 6:49 PM
nwl43 wrote:LydiaHT,

The torch is first found in The Hall of Giants. Click on steps to right and a boulder will fall down and the large rock will crack. Place the chisel from your inventory on the rock. The lit torch will then be on the side of the large rock. The torch will be used in several other scenes and you have to remember to carry it with you.

What happens if you forget to carry it with you?
I made it through Once Upon a Time and didn't pick up my torch before moving to the next scene. Now I am in the cave and can't get back to the torch. Ugg

Go to: