jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by jjj13 on Sep 7, 09 1:51 PM
I too am stuck at the broken catwalk with no arrow to move anywhere. I have tried starting again under another name. Strangely, on a previous occasion I have got well past this stage with no problem with the arrows, but as the paintings were taking up to 2 minutes to load, I updated drivers etc. as advised by BFG. Doing so remedied to a great extent the slowness of screens loading, so I was really pleased until I got to this stage and hit this new glitch (which strangely did not occur when things were slow to load). So feel like I can't win!

Just hope that BFG have some answers for us when they return from hols.

Happy gaming all.

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Sep 7, 09 2:36 PM
Thanks Basketcase!!..... I used a different name and was able to continue on. I am now trying to light the room you enter when you cross the walkway. I am trying to get the bird's nest out of the fireplace although I am not sure yet if that is the correct thing to do. All of you who finally get through will enjoy the game.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Sep 7, 09 4:24 PM
Okay I like the game so far then I hit the end of the demo, I didn't mind the pictures going past what I absolutely hated was Explorer opening with the game in a shopping cart just waiting for me to click one last time to purchase the game. Personally I have never been a fan of the hard sell, if I want it I'll buy without any help from the programmers thank you. Now that I've been pushed I'm not sure I want to buy it. I'll have to think on it awhile and keep an eye the forum for problems. Just my 2 cents.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 7, 09 6:19 PM
lushknight wrote:Okay I like the game so far then I hit the end of the demo, I didn't mind the pictures going past what I absolutely hated was Explorer opening with the game in a shopping cart just waiting for me to click one last time to purchase the game. Personally I have never been a fan of the hard sell, if I want it I'll buy without any help from the programmers thank you. Now that I've been pushed I'm not sure I want to buy it. I'll have to think on it awhile and keep an eye the forum for problems. Just my 2 cents.

Lushknight, there was a thread regarding this specific situation. The owner of BFG posted in that thread. To read his post, you might want to check out the thread. Here's the post near the end of the thread by one of the mods --
Re:comments on prompt to purchase at end of demo?

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 6, 09 5:17 PM
Please note that Paul (the founder of Big Fish Games) posted in this thread that this feature will be removed from the free demo in the next few days and any future free demos will not redirect people to the shopping cart. Thanks to everyone who posted here with their comments.

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 8, 09 1:49 PM
Just so you know the only reply I received from customer service at this point today is that I need to leave that screen and go "talk" to someone. I once again replied that I can't leave the room except to exit the entire game. So, I don't see anything new to add, other than to please try going in under a different screen name. That worked for me and I have enjoyed glitch-free play.

Hope everyone gets to play the wonderful game!!

[Post New]by prrlight on Sep 8, 09 5:14 PM
Ok. Witch doctor sends me back for the bugs, but I can't catch them without a net. Walkthrough says you "might have picked up these items before, but if not, you can now". It then just says to combine the two pieces of the net. I never found the net anywhere in the farm picture, so I don't have the pieces in my inventory.

Are those pieces somewhere else?

Thanks.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 8, 09 5:27 PM
Yes, they are not in the farm picture. Did you use the hammer in the witch doctor scene 4 times? If not, check there.

[Post New]by prrlight on Sep 8, 09 6:47 PM
Now I found them.

Moved on pretty quickly after that.

Thanks

The Broken Walkway

[Post New]by carlvon on Sep 9, 09 4:38 AM
cookeemama wrote:After putting the heart in Iris's image and opening the door, I clicked on the walkway and it broke. Which I figured it was supposed to. However, I can't get out of the scene. There are no arrows showing up anywhere. I assume it should be a down arrow as there really is no where else to go in that scene. Getting across isn't an option right now.

I closed the game and re-opened it, but I'm still stuck at the walkway. The walkthrough said to click down 4 times but that doesn't work either.

Help Please

The Broken Walkway

[Post New]by fiazrzayn on Sep 9, 09 7:50 AM
Am having the same issue on a brand-new, souped up HP server, so this is NOT just an outdated drivers issue - it's something flawed within the game. Will try the suggestion of recreating another player, but am ticked that after purchasing the game without demo I'll be losing the time already put into this.

carlvon wrote:
cookeemama wrote:After putting the heart in Iris's image and opening the door, I clicked on the walkway and it broke. Which I figured it was supposed to. However, I can't get out of the scene. There are no arrows showing up anywhere. I assume it should be a down arrow as there really is no where else to go in that scene. Getting across isn't an option right now.

I closed the game and re-opened it, but I'm still stuck at the walkway. The walkthrough said to click down 4 times but that doesn't work either.

Help Please

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 9, 09 8:14 PM
Three or four people with this issue started a new game using a different player name and did not encounter the same issue. You could try that.

[Post New]by ccstar13 on Sep 13, 09 11:00 PM
Where the heck is the cardinal sketch at that I need??

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 13, 09 11:08 PM
ccstar13 wrote:Where the heck is the cardinal sketch at that I need??
ccstar, welcome to the Fish Pond. The sketch is outside the tree painting to the right.

[Post New]by ccstar13 on Sep 13, 09 11:10 PM
Thank you so much!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 14, 09 10:23 AM
You're most welcome. Glad I could help.

woohookf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by woohookf on Sep 14, 09 11:03 AM
mimiismags wrote:I am having a problem. I don't have an arrow on the staircase to take me up the stairs to start chapter 2. Can anyone help me?

This might be a little late for you, but it might help others that are having the same problem. I had the same problem. When I would push the mouse button to enter the stairs I would get a quote at the top "the stone clouds are raining?" so I thought I didn't see it before I put in the sun so maybe I jumped ahead and "froze the game." I didn't want to reinstall the game, so I just started over with a second name. When I got to the door I pushed on it and the quote "the stone clouds are raining?" appeared, then I put in the sun and it worked, I was able to go up the stairs. I know it's stupid if you have to see all the quotes, but for me if it works that simply, I'll accept it. Hope it works for everyone else.

[Post New]by ebiegeebie on Sep 14, 09 11:51 AM
ok where do you put the candle at the bottom pillar? I cannot figure that out. Help me.

[Post New]by TEDYBEARLU on Sep 14, 09 4:04 PM
Drawn: The Painted Tower
by TEDYBEARLU on Sep 14, 09 3:59 PM
I need anyone's help that is willing to answer my questions. I am on the 2nd chapter and I am trying to find the beads in the Witch's painting. Can anyone give me a hint or two?

Thank you.

I actually bought the game and I still need assistance with finishing the painting. Any help would be greatful!! Thank you.

Edited on 09/14/2009 at 4:11:18 PM PST

[Post New]by MDSBosslady on Sep 14, 09 4:05 PM
when it stops...that is just as far as you can go in the demo game...sadly, it didn't take an hour to get there....I liked the game, but won't buy it because I got too far too quick...probably get bored with it too fast.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 14, 09 6:13 PM
ebiegeebie wrote:ok where do you put the candle at the bottom pillar? I cannot figure that out. Help me.

Could you give me more detail about where you are in the game. I'm not remembering a candle and a pillar.

Go to: