jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Farm Frenzy 3 Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by jorob716 on Sep 20, 09 1:36 PM
Thanks, amby0625. I finally figured it out. I have silver and gold on the first two farms but on the ice farm I'm having a more difficult time and have a silver and then a checkmark and then a gold and then a checkmark. I have learned just to deal with the lag that happens when the bears/lions, etc. come out. I am really enjoying it. I enjoyed it until 8:30 a.m. the other morning. Couldn't believe the sun was already up when I finally paid attention to my surroundings. I have been going back and trying to reach silver or gold on the one's I "just didn't cut it" on. I hate those checkmarks.

Again, thanks so much for the assistance.

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Sep 20, 09 1:39 PM
PS, Amby0625. I think it is so cute the way the cats just nonchalantly kick the "stuff" into the warehouse.

Oh, another question. My dogs bark at the bears but they wind up in a real knock down with the predators and they disappear. Is there something I am doing wrong as far as they getting mutilated or is that what they are supposed to do? They are upgraded all the way!

Thanks again.

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Sep 20, 09 5:44 PM
jorob716 wrote:PS, Amby0625. I think it is so cute the way the cats just nonchalantly kick the "stuff" into the warehouse.

Oh, another question. My dogs bark at the bears but they wind up in a real knock down with the predators and they disappear. Is there something I am doing wrong as far as they getting mutilated or is that what they are supposed to do? They are upgraded all the way!

Thanks again.

i adore the cats too, they really help me out whenever there are just too many produce to pick up i try to use them whenever i can
unfortunately, in this series, the dogs would disappear together with the bears they chased away! i really wished they didn't change that. that's why you get 4 dogs for $2,600, which isn't really a "bargain" because its temporary
in previous farm frenzy games, the fully upgraded dogs would bark at the bears and cage them, but for $2,600 you only get 1 dog, but that's ok because at least they're permanent *sigh* i really miss that.
and you're welcome, glad i could help, and its great to hear that you're really getting into the game! me myself i slept at 2:00 a.m. last "night," didn't notice that it was way past midnight, lol!
don't worry about not getting the gold the first time, FF3 is the most challenging (translated, really difficult & frustrating, lol!) in the series by far!
happy gaming!

[Post New]by bigswede on Sep 21, 09 11:04 PM
For all you gamers,

I'm playing with 8 gig's of Ram and I have no trouble with anything!!!

Maybe you guys have to upgrade your computers?????

[Post New]by bigswede on Sep 21, 09 11:11 PM
I must say I feel dumb about the cakes!!!!

Can someone tell me what the secret to making the cakes are????

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 22, 09 1:39 PM
I really love this game! I have purchased it immediately after maybe 20 minutes! Its much easier then Farm Frenzy Pizza Party, but I love it.
I give it /

Sholayna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Sholayna on Sep 23, 09 11:59 AM
Loved it! I have all the FF games. No problems at all with graphics or movement. Loved the change of scenery. Granted the sound is a bit annoying at times but durable. And I would have to agree with others re: switching the ok/cancel placement! Arrgghhh!!! LOL Overall great game, great replay.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Sep 24, 09 3:36 AM
lynno1234 wrote:Trying to get to level 19 is crap you have to plAY OVER AND OVER previous levels just to buy stuff in the shop
HOw do you get the wool in the spinnery on the second stage first level it is like something is missing or do you have to complete the first stage first
MMMmmm not sure if this game is as good as the last ones

At first I really loved FF3, but now with the having to play OVER AND OVER previous levels to buy stuff to move on I have pretty much stopped. I go in, play a level, and still don't have near enough to buy what I need to move on to the next level. Part of the fun in a game is seeing what's next, not playing the same thing over and over again. At this point really disappointed that I wasted a game credit on it.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Sep 24, 09 10:20 AM
Having only just bought the first Farm Frenzys I'm still working my way through them, but #3 is definately on my must try list!
I never cared much for Time Management style games, but these may change my mind...but only because I can play to just finish a level if I want to, I don't HAVE to do it within a specific timeframe.

[Post New]by angelwings on Sep 24, 09 10:50 AM
Farm Frenzy 2 is much better than 3, the graphics on 3 harp back to Farm 1, not impressed. When I first saw farm 3 I thought wow now I think dull, music is annoying, sorry but my vote is still for Farm Frenzy 2

mgarlit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mgarlit on Sep 26, 09 9:28 AM
willows23 wrote:
QuietLurker wrote:The reason I turn off the sound is the loud and unbearable "Uh uh" whenever I mis-click and it tells me there is no water available even though I don't want water.

The "uh uh" sounds doesn't bother me too much. However, when I accidentally run out of water and am broke and have to hear all the squaking, mooing, etc. I go crazy and have to stop and restart. My husband also hates it. lol

I had to laugh when I read your post about your husband hating the sound of the mooing and squaking. If my husband is sleeping I have to turn my sound off - he will roll over and be so unhappy if my farm animals are making too much noise.

[Post New]by lullabelledigs on Sep 29, 09 3:12 AM
Hey everyone - first timer here :-) i've played the trial of this game and loved it so much i decided to bite the bullet and buy - but i can't get it to work - keep getting a message with various "void" items and something that say critical error in game download and install new version - which i've tried - tried sending error message to "help section" of bigfish but get and "ajax" mesage denied - please please please can anyone help?

[Post New]by misa619 on Oct 1, 09 10:15 PM
mooskilady wrote:I'm loving it! I'm lucky enough to have a high end system with a high end video card so I haven't had a bit of trouble with graphics or speed. My problem is I get through level 38 and just as I complete the goal I get an error that says I need to redownload the game. THAT's a big time bummer! What happens if I redownload it and have the same problem?

I got the same error as mooskilady on level 38, as soon as I bought the walrus & completed the last goal the game closed & I got the error message! Tried to play the level again (without redownloading) & the same thing happened.

Came on here looking to see if I redownload, will I have to start over? Has anyone had to redownload yet....& has it worked?

[Post New]by misa619 on Oct 1, 09 11:00 PM
misa619 wrote:I got the same error as mooskilady on level 38, as soon as I bought the walrus & completed the last goal the game closed & I got the error message! Tried to play the level again (without redownloading) & the same thing happened.

Came on here looking to see if I redownload, will I have to start over? Has anyone had to redownload yet....& has it worked?

I found the faq of error messages here on Big Fish so I played again to find the exact message it gave me.

This time rather than getting the walrus as my last goal (like I did the previous 2 times), I bought the walrus & then grabbed cake #5 as my last goal. No error message this time & I was able to proceed!

Have my fingers crossed it was a walrus-related-glitch & there will be no more issues!

Farm Frenzy 3 Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Tarilb on Oct 2, 09 9:42 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

The game has flaws it doesn't have a ram to get the horns to finsh a level sooo it is a waste of time to get this game

[Post New]by Tarilb on Oct 2, 09 9:44 AM
This game has flaws the one level in the middle region needs a ram to get the level done it is not there so I paid for this game with a game credit I do not want to waste my credits on a game that is flawed

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Oct 5, 09 3:37 PM
I loved Farm Frenzy 1, wasn't that fond of 2, bought Pizza Party (which had more levels - my biggest gripe from 2) but was boring after a while.

So I was dubious about Farm Frenzy 3, but when I played it, I found this was different (similar concepts but brilliant graphics), with the animals and sites and new ways to refine the products, the bad guys, etc. I can safely forget about Pizza Party as a dim memory and throw myself into Farm Frenzy 3. It is challenging, but not impossible. It is cute and the grass seems to last for longer. Some serious time and effort has been spent making this game and the concept of the different sites (and being able to leave them early and move on, and then come back to them is brilliant).

Also, being able to go back to levels and better your score to get the silver or gold is something I look for in time management games, but in some of the later ones is lacking or non existant!

This is a worthy competitor of rivals like Farm Mania. I'm impressed.

[Post New]by Lavenderstrawbry on Oct 5, 09 9:48 PM
Hmmm....I really wanted to like this game. But, I found it dull and tedious. That being said I liked Farm Frenzy 2 and Pizza Party, and I own them.

Many of you may not like this, but I think it's important to be said. This game loads ridiculously slow. The first time it loaded I laughed because it took so long it was just absurd, much longer than 5 minutes. The second time it loaded (I had got bored with it and left to play something else) I actually timed it. I kid you not, it took over 3 1/2 minutes to load. You should know, that I NEVER have that sort of problem with a game unless it's the game. I even bought that weird graveyard game (which I liked) that a lot of people said ran slow, but it was just fine for me. My computer is in prime condition for running games like Sims 2 or even Sims 3 so I know it's not my computer. The other farm frenzy games did not have this issure. My guess is a cheap game engine.

I also disliked the layout of the game. The last game had sort of an interesting layout which showed buildings and things but this was just one screen of 5 locations smashed together with just boring dots. I found no real visual interest to it or originality at all. I could have overlooked the bored front page if the game had kept my interest, but it didn't. In fact when looking at the game you would almost swear that some cheap copy cat stole the idea and ran with it dashing it to pieces along the way. It doesn't play as well, it lacks visual interest, no real funny moments, it's slow moving game-wise, takes forever and a day to load, and it isn't fun.

It really feels like they just slapped it together quickly, or maybe got rid of the talent that did their last games. I really don't know but it looks like it should have been Farm Frenzys first attempt at gaming, and not their fourth. You usually see that the later games in a popular series get better and they improve on all levels. However, this is not the case here, as this game is not up to the previous standards set by Farm Frenzy and falls way below those standards.

I honestly believe that they were just trying to make a quick buck with this game by cashing in on the fans, without really putting any real effort or originality in this game. When I first saw this game, I was like cool a new farm frenzy game, but I was soon disappointed. Needless to say, I will NOT be adding this game to my collection.

Terrisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Terrisa on Oct 6, 09 9:50 PM
I think this it is a great game. All the Farm Frenzies were good games.

[Post New]by Riodjnro on Oct 7, 09 6:08 AM
This game is a slow loader and I want to play so I do burger rush instead.

The other thing is to get gold you have to have 50 eggs by 2:30 and the chickens take 30 seconds to lay one egg.....lol it is frustrating to have to have a large amount of animals on the little screen area ........ It seems to me most of the levels can't be completed in the gold time frame. I like to play a game until I am gold then move on.... impossible with this game.......

Go to: