Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 13, 09 7:04 PM
cblucky wrote:
Spazzazz wrote:
MomsTheBoss wrote:I guess we're all in the same boat... Can't get in. I have a new laptop, downloaded the game, played the first time with no problems and then the Director Error came up and I haven't been able to run it since. My desktop is XP, but lap is Vista. Help!!! I love this game. Have been playing it for over three years.

Will pm you the link for the error in Vista - if the link helps - once you get into the guts of yr game it would be a good idea to check the kbs on the players file - if you been playing for 3yrs you may be in need of the fix - once yr players file gets to around 500kbs the game will lock you out - the fix reduces the size of the players file but dosnt affect yr ranking in the game or yr points & enables you to get back in

If you discover the fix is what yr needing - post back & i'll send ya the link

Fi

Cblucky - Have pm'd you

[Post New]by cblucky on Nov 13, 09 8:19 PM
ljamabile wrote:
AnnGo wrote:I just downloaded the Mahjong Towers Eternity game a couple of days ago and have played three or four games. Went to play today and am getting a message that there is an error and that I need to make sure I have the latest version.
From that point on, I get Director Errors that I can't get rid of or play the game.
I have a laptop with Vista. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am also getting these errors. Can you send me the fix? I uninstalled and reinstalled last night, but I still can't open the game.

I'm sorry I don't know what pmd you means

Edited on 11/13/2009 at 8:29:28 PM PST

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 14, 09 1:27 AM
cblucky wrote:
I'm sorry I don't know what pmd you means

I see you found yr messages Yvw

Fi

[Post New]by LittleLindyRae on Nov 15, 09 3:53 AM
I have a Mac...little help?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 15, 09 4:27 AM
LittleLindyRae wrote:I have a Mac...little help?

Hi LittleLindy

Have pm'd you a link in relation to Mac - hope it helps - post back if need be

Fi

Update: Lindy have sent you a 2nd pm - if you need to Uninstall/Reinstall you need to save yr player folder 1st so you can put it back into yr game to continue with the player yr using - not doing this will mean you'll have to start the game over with a new name otherwise

Edited on 11/15/2009 at 4:37:17 AM PST

[Post New]by dragonmomma on Nov 17, 09 4:38 PM
I'm getting this same error; have VISTA. What's the fix?

[Post New]by pammers52 on Nov 17, 09 6:39 PM
Spazzazz wrote:
pammers52 wrote:
Unfortunately it only worked for a couple of days. I'm back to the same old error messages today. I don't know what else to try now. I uninstalled and reinstalled again to no avail. I think I'm going to have to give up on this game as much as I hate to because I love it.

Pammers - Have pm'd you

Spazzazz, I did what you suggested and it worked until today so it only worked for 4 days.

[Post New]by Weatherhound on Nov 19, 09 6:32 PM
So how do you fix this? I have played this for the past year w/ no issues. Got a new computer w/ Vista, played the game only a couple of times and now it does the exact as described above.

[Post New]by Doris_T on Nov 20, 09 1:03 PM
I too am getting the Director Error and am using Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mahjong Towers Eternity several times and read in previous post that I should not have done that. Please help - I really enjoy the game.

Thank you,
Doris T

bj33
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bj33 on Nov 22, 09 11:08 AM
I am using windows 7-how do I fix this?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 23, 09 1:55 PM
Dragonmama - Weatherhound - Doris T

Have you viewed the links on page 2? Have also pm'd you all another link in relation to this prob

Another thing to try - do you have the latest update of Shockwave player from Adobe?

The latest update as far as im aware for Vista is 11.5 - have also sent you all a link in relation to troubleshooting the shockwave player in Vista

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 23, 09 2:07 PM
pammers52 wrote:

Pammers - Have pm'd you

Spazzazz, I did what you suggested and it worked until today so it only worked for 4 days.

Pammers have sent you the link in relation to Shockwave Player & Director Errors in Vista

Hope it helps

Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Nov 23, 09 2:34 PM
bj33 wrote:I am using windows 7-how do I fix this?

Hi bj

Sorry - Windows 7 is so new i have no idea at all how it works - will pm you the link for Vista - maybe Windows 7 has a similar type system

Fi

[Post New]by AmyLyn85 on Dec 1, 09 10:03 PM
Call60 wrote:Using Vista. How do I proceed? Waiting for fix info

I am having the same problem

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 2, 09 3:52 PM
AmyLyn85 wrote:
Call60 wrote:Using Vista. How do I proceed? Waiting for fix info

I am having the same problem

Amy view the links on page 2 - have also pm'd you another link to try

Fi

daws1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by daws1 on Dec 5, 09 2:06 PM
I ran Mahjong Towers Eternity for years on a PC(several Windows versions and the last one was Vista). A few months ago something happened and I was never able to play it again. I didn't worry too much because I had ordered an iMac. I'm now using an iMac and was "fortunate" enough to find that MTE had a Mac version, which I'm now using. Beginning yesterday I began getting the same notice you all are getting - the "Director Error" and the message saying to check and see if I have the latest edition. I really don't know what to think of this. For a number of years I've purchased Big Fish Games and never had any trouble with any of them. Now this - which apparently is not just a Windows version problem.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Dec 5, 09 7:25 PM
daws1 wrote:I ran Mahjong Towers Eternity for years on a PC(several Windows versions and the last one was Vista). A few months ago something happened and I was never able to play it again. I didn't worry too much because I had ordered an iMac. I'm now using an iMac and was "fortunate" enough to find that MTE had a Mac version, which I'm now using. Beginning yesterday I began getting the same notice you all are getting - the "Director Error" and the message saying to check and see if I have the latest edition. I really don't know what to think of this. For a number of years I've purchased Big Fish Games and never had any trouble with any of them. Now this - which apparently is not just a Windows version problem.

Hi Daws1 - oh do i hear you - i think part of the prob is the new version of Mte &/or possibly the new version of the game manager - both have been upgraded recently & yes i know of a player or 2 who have been having probs with the Mac version as well

Dont have alot of info on Mac puters but this might help

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175

If you continue to have probs with it post back & we'll take it from there

Fi

[Post New]by karolynw on Dec 12, 09 5:27 AM
I also need the fix to play this. running vista

[Post New]by gglz4u on Dec 12, 09 1:31 PM
HELP Please!! Also using Vista and getting Director Error.

[Post New]by gglz4u on Dec 12, 09 4:29 PM
AnnGo wrote:Success, Problem solved thanks to links sent to my by Spazzazz.
For those of you that still have the problem, this is what I did.
I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Vista.

1) Uninstalled MTE via Windows Control Panel Programs and Features.

2) Deleted Mahjong Towers Eternity folder found at Computer/C:/Users/"Your user name"/AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files.

3) Delete any other Mahjong folders found by clicking Start button and doing a search for mahjong

4) Ran Disk Cleanup of C drive by clicking Start button, All programs, Accessories, System Tools.

5) Downloaded Ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com (free software), ran program and deleted all temp files.

6) Created a System restore point by clicking Start button, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools. (In case you have a problem later you can get back to this point and not have to do steps 1 through 6)

7) Did a Computer Restart.

8) Reinstalled Mahjon Towers Eternity.

Wala, have started, played and shut-down the program multiple times and no more errors.

Thank again Spazzazz. Could not have done it without you.
Ann

Go to: