Re:Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum

[Post New]by terpie on Sep 20, 09 6:56 PM
OHHHHHH finally f eeaound where to cut the vines.....At the extreme top of each....after a million trys....maybe that can help someone stuck there.......

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Sep 21, 09 8:31 AM

it seems that we all have the same problem. The game should have been named "THE LOST LETTER OF Z" I tried and tried, stopped the game and started again, clicked over twenty times. Nothing !!
I have lost 10 minutes from the one hour trial. I won't buy it !! what a pity ......

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Sep 21, 09 8:54 AM
Elkestra wrote:Edit:

I've moved my help to a PM, so as not to spoil anything.

Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum

[Post New]by jwark1 on Sep 21, 09 10:26 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Lost City of Z: Special Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost City of Z: Special Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I purchased the game at the weekend - today I sined on to ply - got the first page clickedPLAY - nothing but a black page after that please help

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Sep 21, 09 3:12 PM
Cannot get wallet out of box in the jeep scene...have even restarted as new player...no luck...any help? B

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 21, 09 3:29 PM
bonnie112345 wrote:Cannot get wallet out of box in the jeep scene...have even restarted as new player...no luck...any help? B
You have to wait for the word "wallet" to be on the list of items to find. It doesn't show up until you have found the first list of words. So you have to go back to the box a second time after you have cleared the first list and the new list of items is at the bottom. Good luck!

aldavis
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by aldavis on Sep 21, 09 4:05 PM
susancl wrote:I was playing the game and every thing was fine until I got to the
place where I need to place the cog with the Z. When I clicked on the
Z nothing happens, unless I click too many times. I remember picking
up the Z cog in the scene before but it is not available to place. Am I
doing something wrong? I can't get pass the place in the game.

[Post New]by mrslurch on Sep 22, 09 7:53 AM
I can't pick up the ant. I have tried everything, Help?

Mrslurch

[Post New]by Playerta on Sep 22, 09 9:58 AM
Still stuck at the jeep wind sheild on the way back. Can anyone help me as I would like to know if it is me or there is a glich in the game?

[Post New]by LouiseHollaway on Sep 22, 09 1:45 PM
tigger1767 wrote:Anyone get to the helicopter? I'm there but can't get to the knife, screwdriver, or keys. The hint shows where they are located which is inside the helicopter but can't get to them.

I am there too & I'm having the same problem. Can someone help?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 22, 09 2:20 PM
The way it worked in my game was that I had to find and clear the items in the first list that were bungee cords, pager, pillow, lamp and chair . That left 4 items on the list that were squeegee, disc brake, belt and shotgun shell. Then I could run my cursor over the Jeep and when the magnifying glass showed up I could enter the close up view of the Jeep and get those 4 items.

If your game doesn't work like that you probably need to contact tech support. If enough people contact tech support perhaps they can identify the problem and release a new version of the game that fixes the problem.

Good luck!

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Sep 22, 09 3:20 PM
NeverLate wrote:I started over, this solved problem, cog appered on bottem where list is shown.hope this helps.
i started over and still cant get cog do i have to uninstall it says in the hint its in the tree

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 22, 09 3:22 PM
When you are in the Tree Trunk scene, use your knife to cut away the vines at the hollow of the tree trunk. Click on the hollow of the tree trunk to get a close up view of the inside and use your flashlight to find the cog inside the tree trunk. To pick up the cog click on it with your flashlight. The cog is a Z turned on its side.

Then in the next scene with the Jeep you have to get a close up view of the vines on the cliff face in the back of the scene. You cut away these vines to reveal the place to put the Z cog. When the vines are cut away enough the cog that you found earlier appears at the bottom of the screen next to the film roll and the items list. You should click and drag it to the round center of the stone ring that you have just uncovered.

If your game doesn't work this way you may need to contact tech support.
Good luck!

[Post New]by Playerta on Sep 22, 09 3:57 PM
Thanks Lizzie K

[Post New]by docron on Sep 22, 09 9:48 PM
I'm having trouble finding the ant at the temple or what ever it is.

[Post New]by phobarbenix on Sep 22, 09 10:36 PM
i am stuck in the helicopter scene. ...the screwdriver and the keys are still lost. the hint button shows me a wierd target-y thing (that's not like the other hints i've used) on the inside floor of the cockpit for both items. are the keys and screwdriver BEHIND the helicopter? do i need to cut the vine in the top left corner that's holding up the rotor? if so, how? i've tried and can't make the machete work there.

[Post New]by phobarbenix on Sep 22, 09 11:17 PM
i found the one last vine that needed cutting and that let me find the screwdriver and keys in the helicopter. so now i can't find the moon in the waterfall scene. boy, i sure wish there was a walkthrough for this game... maybe i'll just not play it anymore until there is, just to save my sanity

[Post New]by moodymondy on Sep 24, 09 12:39 PM
Okay, this is a first for me. I am a patient person but the ant has driven me crazy. I don't know why the moderater of the board has not even posted with any help. Since I can find the ant but not click on him the game is useless and a waste of my mondy. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Sep 24, 09 4:08 PM
Wow! I have had it with this game! I would either appreciate a refund, or a new game or something. I get as far as revisiting the jeep camp and go into the cave to get the Z and the game closes out altogether every time. Doesn't matter how many times I retry. How disappointing! Sorry, but I am really disappointed in this one Geo

[Post New]by twoson on Sep 25, 09 4:26 PM
I am at the scene where there is a rock cauldron type thing in the middle and there is a leopard skin hung on a stick thing. The scene asks for a butterfly and there is one in the lower right hand corner but I click on it and no go. I use the hint button and it keeps moving where it is, has anyone found the right butterfly?

Thanks for the help.

Go to: