rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Anyone else getting Adobe Projector error on startup of game?

[Post New]by rpm604 on Oct 9, 09 2:52 PM
Come on Big Fish... so many of us have purchased this game and tons of others... can't we resolve this 'adobe projector' problem? Either that or give all of us that are having this problem a free game to replace this one!

[Post New]by collie1 on Oct 12, 09 4:19 AM
I also have Vista 64-bit. Was able to play the demo with no problems. Have uninstalled game and adobe, reinstalled both and still the Adobe Projector error. This is the first game that I purchased on BF that I wasn't able to play once installed.

kbhoh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kbhoh on Oct 15, 09 1:08 PM
I am also having the same problem. Support had me unistall Adobe Flash Player and then reinstall it. It fixed the problem once and that was it.

[Post New]by Babster on Oct 15, 09 4:37 PM
I too have Vista Home Premium, and the problem seemed to be getting worse until finally the game wouldn't start at all. I fixed it one time, but it lost my game progress. Finally, I think I got the right file for Compatability mode. Your milage may vary, based on the rest of the posts in this thread. Worked for me though!

Right click the desktop game icon and select "Open file location"

Find the file named "gjqcpzj.exe" in the directory. This is the actual adobe projector executive file. Right click it, and go to the compatibity tab.

Check the box labeled "Run this program in compatibitly mode for" and select "XP Service Pack 2".

Hit OK or Apply, and you should be able to start the game now.

Cheers!
Bruce

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 6:46:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Matmatic on Oct 18, 09 7:09 AM
I am getting the same problem with all of my Bigfish games on a 32 bit vista premium system. None of the fixes mentioned worked for me.

It all started after installation of SP2 and it goes away when I uninstall it. I don't really want to skip updates in order to play games.

[Post New]by hnyber on Oct 27, 09 9:46 AM
I'm getting the same thing when all my other BFG worked until this game (Trapped)

[Post New]by csw723 on Oct 27, 09 3:06 PM
I have the same problem and my computer has Windows XP..

seraph909
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by seraph909 on Oct 30, 09 5:40 PM
sockmonkeygirl wrote:I am getting the same error. Support hasn't been able to help yet... Anyone else have any luck with this error yet?

I had the same problem, I noticed BigFish was trying to add an update to another game and thought maybe there was some connection so I uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it. No more Adobe Projector errors.

[Post New]by TotallyDaft on Oct 31, 09 7:56 PM
datalore wrote:Was suggested the 'compatibility mode' and tried it, got an Access Violation error message. This is the first time I've had this issue. I've downloaded several games to my PC from BF and all has been well.

Yup, I did the recommended fixes and now I get BOTH errors. Obviously, none of the work-arounds are really working. Bummer, cus this game looked cool. I'm asking for a refund.

Edited on 10/31/2009 at 7:58:18 PM PST

iolar
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by iolar on Nov 3, 09 7:20 AM
yes I cant used the game princesa Isabella. adobe error, I have Windows vista

[Post New]by chikie on Nov 4, 09 8:33 AM
This is REALLY bizaare, I am also running the 64 and had never been able to start this game without the Adobe error message. Last night I tried yet again and it opened and played beautifully. Today??? NO GO!!!! I wish that SOMEONE cared enough about us that have spent our money to buy their product to put a REAL effort into finding a fix. NONE of the suggested fixes have worked for me.

[Post New]by absintheoflight on Nov 8, 09 6:53 PM
Moderators, has there been any word on this? I just downloaded this game (and for the record, I purchase a lot of games from Big Fish) and I am running Vista 64-bit and I am getting both the access violation and adobe projector errors. These complaints about this game started months ago, but yet there is no fix and there is no warning on the download page that this is not compatible with 64-bit Vista.

I am disappointed and frustrated at the lack of communication (and a fix) about this.

Edited on 11/08/2009 at 6:54:09 PM PST

[Post New]by dollkey on Nov 9, 09 9:30 AM
I signed up just to post this. I was finally able to make this game work. yay!

First I changed Date Execution Protection to add the .exe file as an exemption. Then I did the compatibility change to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and now it works. HTH!

[Post New]by kilkenny326 on Nov 11, 09 10:41 AM
I am so very computer illiterate, I don't have a clue what any of you are saying, however, I'm having the same problem. Adobe Projector stopped working. I just updated Adobe. I've also been using Mozilla Firefox. Please help...I love this game!

[Post New]by challie45 on Nov 20, 09 3:02 AM
what is happening with my games,i have now problems with adobe projector,it says it works no more,what to do now?

[Post New]by tanassity2 on Nov 27, 09 12:51 PM
I also am getting the error and can't play any of the games. any solutions?????

[Post New]by nijoma on Nov 27, 09 1:33 PM
Come on Big Fish... so many of us have purchased this game and tons of others... can't we resolve this 'adobe projector' problem? Either that or give all of us that are having this problem a free game to replace this one!

[Post New]by animejosse on Nov 29, 09 11:58 AM
I've updated everything I could (including Adobe), uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, tried all the work-abouts (aside from "Run as Windows XP" because I'm running on XP)... it didn't work.

Edit: Tried the DEP-solution, didn't work.

Edited on 11/29/2009 at 12:21:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Svobca on Dec 10, 09 1:51 PM
Please help me !!! I bought this game about a month ago, and have the same Adobe Projector error too. My computer has Windows XP.
I like this game, demo worked fine, but now I am disappointed.

[Post New]by WATFRD1 on Dec 18, 09 7:05 PM
Hello Everyone I am sorry to say this is not just a BF problem, I have been with BF for years, but I also play IWin games and I am having the same problem playing the games there, I have had two different games with IWin pop up with the adobe projector problem. Good Luck hopefully we will eventually find some answers.

Go to: