RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder comments and reviews

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 21, 09 6:20 PM
sstevens wrote:
RuthieJo wrote:I played the demo and then bought the game. I didn't have any problems downloading, it took about five minutes, I have high speed internet.

I have enjoyed the game, until I reached level 39 and had to build the west wing. I can't get the west wing placed, I've tried for almost an hour now. I even destroyed everything that I could destroy and still the west wing is too big. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

RuthieJo

RuthieJo, don't build anything in the large empty area in the upper right-hand side. Not even a single road. When you are ready for the west wing notice that it has an arrow, indicating need for a road, on it's right side. Line that arrow up with the road coming down from the upper right side of the screen. Bingo! I hope that helps you. That west wing had me scratching my head for a while too.

RuthieJo
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by RuthieJo on Sep 21, 09 6:22 PM
RuthieJo wrote:
sstevens wrote:
RuthieJo wrote:I played the demo and then bought the game. I didn't have any problems downloading, it took about five minutes, I have high speed internet.

I have enjoyed the game, until I reached level 39 and had to build the west wing. I can't get the west wing placed, I've tried for almost an hour now. I even destroyed everything that I could destroy and still the west wing is too big. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

RuthieJo

RuthieJo, don't build anything in the large empty area in the upper right-hand side. Not even a single road. When you are ready for the west wing notice that it has an arrow, indicating need for a road, on it's right side. Line that arrow up with the road coming down from the upper right side of the screen. Bingo! I hope that helps you. That west wing had me scratching my head for a while too.

I finally found the right place for the West Wing. I am sight impaired and didn't see the arrow for the road, as it's almost the same color as the red before you seat the West wing. I'm now almost finished with the game, I only have two levels to go.

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Sep 21, 09 8:54 PM
paintbrush66 wrote:Just finished this really fun game. Fortunately I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned it some of the other reviews. Just had a great time playing. I'm sure I'll play it again and my grandchildren will love it. No pressure and a happy ending. What more could you ask. Wil be looking forward future games of this sort.

I LOVEEE THIS GAME!!! I BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY...However, I need help on level 16 "the Stonemoon Ruins" ..The houses were on fire before I even get to build the Fire station?? Please help!!

willows23
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by willows23 on Sep 22, 09 9:06 AM
I'm late on reviewing the game because it was so enjoyable that I couldn't stop.

I like that the game doesn't have a timer. There are so many times when I try to play a game and have to run and do something for the kids (one is potty trained but refuses to wipe her own hiney) and the fact that I don't have to scramble to find a pause button is nice. The fires and little extras adds the perfect level of challenge to this strategy game. The graphics are nice to look at and I enjoyed watching the people come and go. The music is pleasant and it helps to have the volume on especially when the "obstacles" appear because it has a tone to alert you in case you miss the red siren at the top.

I haven't completed all the bonus levels yet but the first one was okay and it got a lot harder further on. I do wish the game was longer but that was because it was so enjoyable.

The whole idea of a build game with goals and no timer is so nice and unique (or at least IMO)

I give this game

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Sep 22, 09 12:52 PM
Okay all -- I haven't weighed in on a new game in quite some time -- but I gotta tell ya . . . I really enjoyed this game. I have now played it front to back 3 times and I still enjoy it. There are some choppy video issues once you get to some of the higher levels, but I found that no where near as distracting as it could have been -- i.e. Wandering Willows!!

I found it amusing and still challenging. HATED Zorm and that level where he is throwing everything at you but the kitchen sink (you know the one -- in the volcano where you have to build the jewellers and the gold shops). The graphics were great -- but i'm a colorful kinda gal!!

The storyline was amusing -- to a point -- and I found myself really having to concentrate to figure out just how to get all of the required buildings in the limited space available!! (For me the secret was the "restart" button).

Being the Queen of all things "Build-A-Lot" I found this a refreshing and amusing change and I'm interested enough to wonder if the creators are planning sequels. If so -- look me up!! I'll Beta anything you have!!!

Jule

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 22, 09 1:14 PM
This game is awesome! I really love it. Its similar to Build a lot or other building games, but without timer and much better. The graphics are so cute. I love the people in the game, who walk down the road, what a great idea. I have purchased this game immediately after reading the good reviews and trying the demo for a few minutes! Its a must-buy game!

I give this game /

Sholayna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Sholayna on Sep 23, 09 12:02 PM
Liked the game and the no timer situations. On the fence about purchasing tho.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Sep 24, 09 3:18 PM
Just when you think they can't come up with something new from an old idea, you get proven wrong.. I have loved this game... I do hope they bring more out along this line... can't wait.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Sep 26, 09 8:27 AM
One word - brilliant.

Agree about having not having a timer - I'm not as fast as I used to be and thought that a big plus. Reminded me of the old time games Pharoh and Ceasar. Loved it. In fact I can't think of anything to critcise except I wish it had been much longer.

Looking forward to the sequel already! More of these type of games, pretty please.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Sep 29, 09 12:03 AM
govegril wrote:I like it!
Its a simple building game, no timer but I am finding it entertaining.

I got through the first two kingdoms in the demo and there is 9 total so still lots of play left.

It is a fun, no pressure game that gives you a list of goals to meet for each level and you can do so at your leisure. You unlock more buildings as you go along and face more challenges, such as fires - not sure what else is in store ... I bought it as I did not want to stop playing.

The graphics are nice and it is fun to see the citizens running around.
There is a freeplay mode that might also be worth playing when finished the story mode.

This is a great family game that everyone could play.

MtnLady
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by MtnLady on Sep 29, 09 9:05 AM
Lordie.. I love, love this game
When I first started I turned off the custom cursor.. very rarely do I use a games custom cursor anyway. One way or the other at times, it seems to mess with any game.

Have not had any problems yet on this delightful lil cutie.

Please.. please make a sequel to this.. I love it!!

Laters All & Have a great day
MtnLady

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by erwin042 on Oct 10, 09 1:56 AM
Hallo,

I haven't played the demo yet.

Is this a game like the Build-A-Lot games?
When you start in a level with nothing and build it all up. But when you start the next level you start also from nothing again.
Or can you stay on the previous level and buld new buildings aside your old ones.
Like the Anno-games?
If this game is like the Build-A-lot games, I won't play it.
Or is this one better than all the previous ones?

[Post New]by crzwmn79 on Oct 21, 09 1:46 PM
i cant get the capital building to go anywhere in the coast world??? i have plenty of room but it wont go??? what am i doing wrong??

[Post New]by pkwild on Nov 1, 09 6:06 AM
This is by far the best game I have come across in a long time. I have played it SEVEN or EIGHT times and NEVER get tired of it. I can't wait for the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by geome on Nov 1, 09 9:17 PM
How do you get the population to grow?

[Post New]by doclight on Nov 8, 09 11:59 PM
I love building games. World of Zellians has to be one of my favorites. It's a bit more simple than most. No time limit on the main levels means the game can be enjoyed in a relaxed way.

However, I found something VERY odd and had to test it twice to make sure it was in the game! In the sandbox mode, if you demolish things quickly, you can hear a voice saying, "Hey, chill!" amongst other things. It scared me the first time. It didn't seem like it would belong in the game!

SheilaDee
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by SheilaDee on Nov 18, 09 2:24 PM
geome wrote:How do you get the population to grow?

Each time you add a new house, your population will grow dependent upon the size of the house.

geome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by geome on Nov 18, 09 11:59 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble, at first could not get out of first level now cannot get out of level 10. Would like to finish but game seems to stall.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Nov 20, 09 9:52 PM
This is a pretty cool game. I played the demo and got hooked, the whole time telling myself that it was kind of like a kid's game......but. I am now blurry eyed because I bought the game and can't quit playing it. Guess that makes me kind of like a kid. lol

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Nov 24, 09 3:21 PM
How refreshing to have a game with no time restraints. I love games that challange me, but there are times I want a game that is easy and fun. Zellians is the answer. I just with I could change the orientation of the farms, homes. or businesses. Thanks BFG.

Go to: