gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Travel League: The Missing Jewels comments and reviews

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Sep 20, 09 1:37 AM
I think HOG has moved on a lot, this game would have been good last year but now.............!!!!

certainly not my cup of tea!

[Post New]by chalkiemonster on Sep 20, 09 1:56 AM
This game messed up my computer as well, I deleted it and had to do a system restore, that got everything back as it was. I've also had trouble with games downloading by themselves.

wjd72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by wjd72 on Sep 20, 09 2:18 AM
I can't get my computer back to normal everything enlarged ,I have tried system restore that didn't work, I don't know what else to try not very good with computers.
This is the first game I have had real trouble with

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Sep 20, 09 3:27 AM
this game needs a patch. what a mess on my desktop. had to restart my pc twice before I was able to play this very short game. this is the worst game I have seen.

queets
Manatee
Manatee
3,701 Posts

[Post New]by queets on Sep 20, 09 3:32 AM
Cannot play this game at all have a double screen and the overlayed screen is half missing so glad I did not buy before trialing have had to delete this one unless they can get it fixed I will not buy

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 20, 09 5:47 AM
this game also played with my display settings and froze my computer, but to those talking about bf problems at least they pay attention to us and make it right when there are problems, customer service is steller here. those who are or were members of that other game site know what I am talking about. for over 3 months after releasing a new game client they still insist its our puters still charge monthly and credits expire even tho most cannot dl games. So a huge WTG to BF,s customer service who always make sure we are happy and treated with respect. bella

[Post New]by marshamank on Sep 20, 09 7:10 AM
Toast - I have the same problem with the game being off center. It was so bad, the only way I could close was through task manager. I couldn't find the end button . It wasn't on screen.

[Post New]by vspige on Sep 20, 09 7:15 AM
Was very disappointed. When I deleted the game, it changed the resolution on my computer. Not a big problem, but hate when games mess up things. Won't consider buying.

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Sep 20, 09 7:46 AM
Obviously I am in the minority, but I have really been enjoying this game. Yes, it is a little easy, but I haven't had any eye strain and to me the graphics look fine. The music is a bit lacking, but that is what the volume control is for. I enjoy the HOG games that have some humor to them, and this one does. I really don't find it to be lame, I've played a lot worse in the several years I have been playing HOGs.

As far as technical issues, I have had none! No resolution problems at all, my computer reverts back to its normal res when I end the game. I have never had any technical problems with the BF games, so it's hard for me to believe that the problems that occur are the fault of BFG and not the individual computers. I have a 4 year old Sony laptop, and it's nothing fancy, but I've just been really lucky so far. I'm sure that there are others out there that have been just as fortunate, it's just that the folks that are having the problems are the ones that are going to be posting. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm gloating, I'm really not. I'm sure that if I was having some of the technical problems I've read about, I would be just as frustrated as the others. IMO I believe that BFG is doing the best they can to present a variety of games that appeal to a very large group of gamers and do their best to make them as trouble-free as possible.... and you can't beat the price!

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Sep 20, 09 8:59 AM
I can get the game to come up, and it does start to work. But I can only get three quarters of the screen. No other game has done this. I have tried to uninstall, and reinstall, still no good . Any ideas?

[Post New]by patriciablake on Sep 20, 09 9:32 AM
I must be a different kind of player than most. I found this game to be a lot of fun, but of course, the graphics were a bit blurry.

Seems everyone liked Drawn. Must have done something wrong because I really disliked that game.

Guess that is why there are so many different games for different people.

And, yes it is hard to find a good HOG these days.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 20, 09 9:40 AM
suzeq25 wrote: I have really been enjoying this game.

Mudrock, is that you?

Just kidding around suzeq25- glad you are enjoying this game

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Sep 20, 09 10:25 AM
must reply again.I am not complaining about the game,i thought the hour trial was kind of fun.BUT when it was over and it had my computer totally messed up that was my complaint.I still dont have it fixed right.Desktop back down to size.and all put back in place,but everything i do I still have to look at it stretched long left to right,thats my main page,mail and everything else.Have to have someone come in to fix it.So what Im just saying is that loading a game should not totally mess up a computer like that.Iv had just like everyone else games I couldnt load and games that didnt play right.But that was fine I just waited for another game.And my computer is less than a year old.So it isnt the old age on it.So why did it mess up my computer if anyone finds out let me know.In the meantime I guess I'll just look at everthing long and stretched out til i get it fixed

[Post New]by queticogal on Sep 20, 09 12:00 PM
This game is not up to Big Fish standards. Music is corny; graphics are abysmal -- doesn't line up with screen (right side of screen missing at least 1/3).
Glad I got to see it so I'll be sure NOT to purchase.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Sep 20, 09 4:19 PM
govegril wrote:I read this was a quality game and was looking forward to it.

Unfortunatley I found:
Graphics - below average to poor
Story- lame
Hidden objects- easy to find
Puzzles- only played one- "turn all lights on"- nothing new there

There is a good hint system but thats about all I can muster up in favour of this game.

Very disappointing.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Sep 20, 09 4:20 PM
Ugh. Horrible game. Graphics are horrendous making it frustrating to find the objects....played 10 minutes and in the waste can it goes!

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Sep 21, 09 1:54 AM
I really like this game - I loved the music, I had no problem with the graphics, I thought the characters were fun, I enjoyed finding the objects and when there was one I couldn't see I loved the bird or frog that showed me where they were. It did alter my screen resolution when I came out but that was easily fixed. I've uninstalled it on the basis that there will be a new version and I would have to uninstall it anyway but it uninstalled just like any other game. After what I've read I'm amazed I've had so few problems given that I get a lot of error messages with games

Drawn was good but hard work. Travel League was fun. Looking forward to the revised version when it comes out

[Post New]by queenpixie on Sep 21, 09 4:09 AM
Can't even get the game to start, so I checked here. Glad I did, now I won't bother.

I would like to see another HOG like Flux Family or Mortimer Beckett...hope BFG delivers soon.

[Post New]by patetc on Sep 21, 09 5:47 AM
This game is unplayable because of the resolution problem. I'm glad I didn't spend money on it and just tried it first. I never got beyond the first scene and then couldn't exit without using the task manager to quit the game.

This one needs a complete redo!

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Sep 21, 09 6:24 AM
This is an adventure/HOG. I have played this type of game many times before and I'm sure I will come across it yet again. The mini games that I played were 'change one color to another" and putting ripped paper back together. I give it and that's being nice. The only thing I liked about it is you can get the shape of the item your looking for. Be smart and spend your money on a better game!

Go to: