Re:10 Days To Save the World: The Adventures of Diana comments and reviews

[Post New]by EugeneK on Sep 28, 09 10:03 PM
We tried to make an interesting adventure game and i hope we did.
Also we tried to make “10 days” not too hard for our players, may be therefore some of you have passed it in 2 or little more hours. But it’s only because we love all of our players and just want to give you some fun and relax. Have a good day!

bobbiy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiy on Sep 28, 09 11:20 PM
Thanks all for the reviews. Just finished the demos on "Ten Days. . ." and "Vampire Saga. . ." and planned to buy one. Will go with Vampire since the text errors and the short length in Ten Days really annoy me. Do the really good HOGs come out in October? I compare all of them to the Azadas, Dream Chronicles and Ravenhearsts, have about 60 and most of them fall short.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Sep 29, 09 2:00 AM
Quite like the game,but HATE the graphics,and since it's reported a short I won't bother
think I'll splash out on Vampire Saga.

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Sep 29, 09 8:56 AM
Too simple, too short, "primitive graphics", annoying sounds. Not a game I would recommend.

Ivonova
Time for an attitude check. Bored.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Sep 29, 09 9:06 AM
Thought this was a great game with lousy graphics. Didn't finish in demo mode, but since everyone says it's too short, I'll pass on buying.

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Sep 29, 09 9:32 AM
Hi all, well I dont know about everyone else, but lately the games here have been really bad. This last one I decided to "take a chance" and buy this game. I'm so disappointed with and blew a good credit on this bad game. I really dont think BF has put out any good games lately. Dont waste your money on this, it's so not worth it. Come on BF, Get us some more games like, Hidden Expedition Amazon, Dream Chronicles, Mystery Case Files, James Pattersons Womens Murder Club, now theres a new one of these out called Twice in a Blue Moon, havent seen it here yet, it looks awsome, played it on another site,and because i'm dedicated to BF and it cost more, I wont buy it anywhere else. I guess it's my loss, but why dont they have it? We also need some new Large file games, lets get something different. No more games that have us traveling to Egypt to pryaminds and sphinx's? I'm so over those. Sorry if it sounds like i'm venting, but, i'm just really disappointed with the lack of good games here. Paula

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Sep 29, 09 10:34 AM
I will probably buy this one. It isn't my favorite game of all time. But I think it is worth the price of the game and I enjoyed the demo so far. I always turn off the music and most sounds when I start a game, so I have no idea on those. I didn't think it was too hard and not too easy.

For those of you saying there are bad graphics, did you try changing the "wide screen" option?

Something that is actually very important to me is that the developer is reading the comments. I know they can't read everything everywhere, but that they do some is great. Hopefully it will help the next game they put out.

julie242
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by julie242 on Sep 29, 09 12:04 PM
I didn't like this game at all!

perinjah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by perinjah on Sep 29, 09 12:28 PM
The game is a huge disappointment, too easy, too short and the mini games could be solved by a 5 year old. The graphics are not good and the story line is too boring for words! Yawn, I finished it in a few hours while multitasking with the sound off, the music is like nails on a chalkboard, dreadful. What were you Ruskies thinking! Bigfish please give each game a score for difficulty level, maybe a 3 being hardest and 1 being easiest so at least you have been warned before purchase! This game is a minus zero! Don't bother with it. My favorite games are from Bigfish though, so Big Ups overall! Some favorites are Pahelika, Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhurst, Azada, Dream Chronicles, and much more!

perinjah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by perinjah on Sep 29, 09 12:36 PM
EugeneK wrote:We tried to make an interesting adventure game and i hope we did.
Also we tried to make “10 days” not too hard for our players, may be therefore some of you have passed it in 2 or little more hours. But it’s only because we love all of our players and just want to give you some fun and relax. Have a good day!

fun in the world of games equals some challenge which I'm sorry to say this game lacks. Thank you for trying to love us, please do better next time! Thanks.

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Sep 29, 09 2:43 PM
I have a story to tell about Grits. My girlfriend married a sailor from Florida. They used to have President Ford's son (who was also a sailor at the time) come and eat breakfast at their house in the mornings. Why? They were the only couple he knew that knew what Grits were and ate them for breakfast.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Sep 29, 09 3:57 PM
A big thanks to Flywheel games for caring enough to read our comments and take them into consideration!

Mostly this game is a no for me, although right now I'm at a "maybe". The whatever- they-were-called-graphics didn't really bother me that much, I just noticed that they were not as sharp and clear as some we've seen. It was the poor and unsophisticated dialogue that put me off. And now, hearing that it is so short.... The plot wasn't bad but I thought the extra sister was just superfluous.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Sep 29, 09 4:05 PM
EugeneK wrote:Hello all BigFishGames players! I want to tell gratitude words to all who leave comments on our game, good or bad. We are always looking for any comments to make our next games better. If you like something or don't like in this game please put your comment and be sure that we will read it and then we will do all to make our next title better, using your opinion.

We are Russian developers, so as I can read our English in the game is not perfect, so we asked our friends from USA, native speakers, to read all text, but as I can see we have some mistakes in language. So I want to say that we are working in this direction and we will try to make our next game perfect.

Thank you EugeneK for caring enough to come read what the players are saying about your games!

The grammar and vocabulary were the hardest part for me - I think you should find better proofreaders. It is very distracting to me and obviously to other players!

This is generally a very easy game - which means the hints should recharge faster. If this game is targeted at newer and younger players, they should not have to wait several minutes for the hints to recharge.

The balance of HOG and adventure in this game is very nice. As others have said finding things to use later, mixed in with mini-games and some HOG scenes is a winning combination. The story is not credible - but that is OK. I agree that aspects like Diana and Kerry running off around the world with a man they just met is a bit odd. And they certainly do not act like responsible archeologists - breaking things, blowing them up, destroying the natural habitat!

I did not find the images to be as clear as they should be (I did have wide screen set for my very large hi def monitor). And the mix of pieces of statue / pieces of mosaic near the beginning put me off. That was the worst section of finding stuff that just seemed random.

I also felt too lead by the hand on the adventure sections. "Now find the hammer" "Now smash a bunch of pots" "Now pick up the tile pieces" "Now make them back into a picture" (ok, yeah, that is an exaggeration).

I am sorry to say I will not be buying this one - I just do not see me playing it a second time and it did not engage me enough to entice me through to the end.

/

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Sep 29, 09 7:42 PM
Rage74 wrote:
WanderingPenguin wrote:it was the ATROCIOUS grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Right off the top: "The Adventure's of Diana Salinger" was the main splash screen. "Adventure's"? With an apostrophe? Seriously?

Yep. I saw that and I was like, "Oh, crap."

The biggest issue for me was PLAUSIBILITY.

First, it's a scene out of "The Day After Tomorrow." Um...just how ARE we supposed to react to unpredictable natural disasters? (Aside from hiking from New York to Cancun.) If we could solve those weather problems, we would have been doing it already.

Next, Diana informs us that she went diving in the Mariana Trench wearing little more than a wetsuit and discovered this amulent. Also, it would seem that the Mariana Trench featured verandas and columns. Interesting architecture for the bottom of the ocean.

In any case, she has the amulet. And she's just been hanging onto it for a couple of years until it loses its patience with her poor grammar and begins to throw a tantrum, coinciding perfectly with the news report of the aforementioned natural disasters. Maybe the darned thing was upset that it was missing the season finale of "Lost."

Conveniently, her father is unavailable - one gets the feeling he had been sitting around the house until a week or so ago. She could have easily asked him about the stupid amulet at any time during the previous 2 years, but noooooo. She waits to think of THAT when he's not around.

No worries, that's what plot lines are for, right? So off we go to contact one of Dad's numerous colleagues. But wait! Oh my, it seems tragedy is befalling one after another of the Mayan experts! Dad and another dude are the only 2 left! I'd better warn him before...oh, here's an email. Some strange man wants to meet with him. Nothing suspicious about that at all - I'll go by myself in Dad's place and take the amulet with me to show him. I'm sure he'll have the answers I'm looking for, even though I don't have a freaking clue who he is.

And then Dad, upon first meeting this strange man, offers up the opinion that he'll one day be a great scientist. Yeah, if he doesn't get around to killing us all off and stealing the amulet first.

I gave up at that point and decided to go play Farm Frenzy.

ROFLMFO! Loved your review, Rage, thanks for the chuckles.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 1, 09 7:49 AM
Its a nice Hog-game with nearly nothing wordlists. The gamelenght seems to be very on the short site. I played it for 60 minutes and finished 4 chapter (from 9) of the game. I won`t purchased it and give it 2 (from 5)

[Post New]by mlunsford04 on Oct 1, 09 8:22 PM
After the hour demo of this game, I have decided not to buy. The pros and cons of the games were weighing about equal on my scale and that is not enough for me to spend money on it. The part of the game that is entertaining to me is the fact that you search for items that you actually use later in the game. The puzzles are fun and keep my attention. Good story line that makes you wonder what will happen next. Cons of the game being how far i got just with the hour demo. The game moves along very quickly and would have probably only lasted me another hour. The wording of the game can be quite tricky also. If you dont use a hint (which are only replenished every great once and a while) you have to just click around to find out what object they are refering to. This is an easy play for beginners HOG. Would buy if a longer version was put out.

hipan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hipan on Oct 2, 09 1:41 AM
As far as the game itself, I truly enjoyed playing it . No tricky searches. EXCEPT!

I think all game makers should run their stories and dialogue through a professor of English composition before trying to sell it to an English-speaking market. I have seen some poorly written games written by Americans. If, however, a game maker is not a fluent speaker of English, it is imperative that you get your writing checked, at the very least, through a native English speaker. It would greatly reduce the amount of head scratching.

Anyone who has studied a language that is not his own understands that direct translations don't work. You can't just open a dictionary and pick the fist word. I think this is what happened in regards to "grits". If you had checked with an English speaker they would have asked if the search was for bits of coursly ground grain. (A geologist or a lithographer would have asked if it was for bits of stone.) It's possible that the maker meant "shards" or "slivers".

Also is your target market American English speaking or British English. Here in the US we use the terms "hood" and "trunk", not "bonnet" and "boot".

In other words: GET YOUR ENGLISH CHECKED

You should also make sure that your scenes are true to the locale.rather than artist's impressions . The part of Texas shown is right in the middle of the Texas Hill Country, not desert. Texas is as big as about five European countries and has the eological diversity to prove it..

Then there is my other pet peeve of historical anachronisms. I guess that's for another time.

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Oct 4, 09 10:07 AM
did not like game at all

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 4, 09 6:12 PM
It was ok in some aspects, not the worst demo I have played. It would be perfect for someone who wants something to relax to or is new to the genre. The one thing I can say for it, is that when you finish a section you are done. I like that. I am getting really tired of games that I have to go back and forth to the same room a dozen times.

But when it comes to buying that or Joyviille, Joyville wins hands down!

Edited on 10/04/2009 at 6:13:47 PM PST

jovipookie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jovipookie on Oct 5, 09 11:23 PM
I've played the demo for about 15 minutes and I dislike it immensely. The graphics are terrible. It's not a true **** game. I'm going to uninstall it now.

Go to: