jazzit0
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ comments and reviews

[Post New]by jazzit0 on Oct 1, 09 5:16 PM
Blabs wrote:so glad everyone else is enjoying this game-all I got was an error message-might try downloading it again and hope for better. I went back and got rid of everything on PuppetShow, redownloaded and voila an error message. I sure would like someone from BF to address this.

jazzit0
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jazzit0 on Oct 1, 09 5:19 PM
I am also having a problem with PuppetShow. I am trying to download the trial version and it downloads (big file), then show "validating" and then just starts downloading all over again. Looks like a neat game....but ????

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Oct 1, 09 5:46 PM

I loved the game! It took me about 7 hours to finish, non-stop.......but the graphics are beautiful, similar to RTR....Spooky story line, but nothing gory. I wish it would have been a lot longer. The puzzles are very easy to solve. I only quit one because I wasn't sure what to do with it. Very Beautiful. I'm happy with my purchase. When I first downloaded the demo, I had a problem in the first scene. I bought it anyway, and voila.....no problem.
Laura

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Oct 1, 09 6:29 PM
I love, love, loved this game. I didn't use the walkthrough and some areas took me awhile to figure out. I didn't think it was to short. Maybe because I didn't use the walkthrough & took my time. This game was so well done I did take my time and looked at everything. It was fun trying to figure out where to go next and then trying to figure out the puzzle to get there. There was no going in and out of the same areas over & over. Some games I will jump to use that hint button just to get the game over a little faster but not this one. I did use the hint button 3 times though, when I was stumped for a reasonable amount of time. I did think some of the games were somewhat unique and then some were a little easy but if I recall correctly I don't think any of the mini-games were repeated throughout the game I do wish the hidden objects were a little harder to find. Some of them were but not enough. One thing I can say is that they did mix it up throughout the game and it wasn't the same old stuff. The graphics were exceptional. But everyone has said that already. I can honestly say I really enjoyed playing this game & didn't want it to end.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Oct 1, 09 6:29 PM
LOVED this game!! the objects were easy to find but I had to buy it !! the graphics are great!! and the story is very good!!! If the sequel is this good I'll buy that too!!!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Oct 1, 09 7:15 PM
I loved this game! Was lucky enough to beta test and knew then that I would get it. I did have trouble with the error message like some other fishies, but the chat line walked me through fixing it (the fix in the forums wasn't the right one for vista). Once that was fixed, it was great. I do wish that it was longer and that the lists of **** items changed every time you played. I was very pleased with the English language usage-the only gripe is a thread spool was called a thread reel. The graphics were amazing and the story was excellent.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 1, 09 7:34 PM
I played the trial and really liked what I played. I didn't see anything really creepy and nothing in the way of the occult, that I recall (unless there are references later in the game). If there are, would someone let me know before I decide to buy it? I would really appreciate it. The artwork is exceptional and the game is colorful. I have a game credit coming up this month so I'll hang onto the game, at least until then.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Oct 1, 09 8:06 PM
I am a little stuck at the "house" but I just wanted to write that this is a great game. There is nothing occult about it. There maybe some that may feel it is but that what great about BFG, you can chose not to buy it. The graphics are WONDERFUL!!!! I usaully never listen to the music on the games but I must admit I listened to this. Also before I started to play, I had read it was a fairly short game. I been playing on and off through the day and I am still not done. The hidden objects are fairly easily though and so are the mini games. I would definately purchase and enjoy

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 1, 09 8:35 PM
michelle_hdpc wrote:I am a little stuck at the "house" but I just wanted to write that this is a great game. There is nothing occult about it. There maybe some that may feel it is but that what great about BFG, you can chose not to buy it. The graphics are WONDERFUL!!!! I usaully never listen to the music on the games but I must admit I listened to this. Also before I started to play, I had read it was a fairly short game. I been playing on and off through the day and I am still not done. The hidden objects are fairly easily though and so are the mini games. I would definately purchase and enjoy

Thanks michelle_hdpc for saying this game has nothing about the occult in it. I really appreciate your input and I just may buy this one with my next credit.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 1, 09 8:39 PM
I loved this game as well. I was thrilled that every room was different, and you didn't have to back track or go back to the same rooms very often. I bought it after the demo, and I usually won't buy a short game. For me I have been playing off and on for about 3 houras and I am only half way through. I guess everyone goes at their own speed. I take it all in though. Every picture, puppet, etc. Thank you Big Fish for a wonderful, enjoyable game.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 1, 09 8:49 PM
Played about 1/2 the demo and then purchased the game. Really enjoyed playing it. The storyline was different and enjoyed it very much. Characters were appealing. Excellent graphics and music. Puzzles and mini-games were on the easier side but very well done. Thanks for an excellent game!!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Oct 1, 09 9:08 PM
Played the demo.it was a must have.
the pictures were great ,the story alsome.I loved the spookyness of it.Keeps you on your toes.Some yhings were al little hard,but thats ok.Don't want it to be too easy.Only had to go to the walk through twice.It took me about 6 hours to finish.
Which is ok ,very good game.The only down fall
TOO BE CONTINUED.that is alsome.can't wait for the next one ,good job
keep them coming oooooooooowwwwwwwww.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Oct 1, 09 9:15 PM
Just wanted to also say how much I enjoyed this game. For me it rates right up there with Ravenhurst & Syberia I. Excellent graphics, very good story, custom cursor a little slow at times. I also enjoyed the many different rooms. Looking forward to the sequel.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Oct 1, 09 9:18 PM
I loved this game!!! Ready for another. Thank you Big Fish!

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Oct 1, 09 10:11 PM
Really terrific game, enjoyed playing it very much! Only (and biggest) complaint is that I finished it in just over an hour and a half. No, didn't skip all the dialog or anything, and even used tutorial.
Again, I really, really liked it, just wish it had been longer - or maybe harder, which in turn would have made it longer!

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Oct 1, 09 10:19 PM
love this game! great graphics and fun puzzles! Ary there any more Azada or Mystery case files games in the works??

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Oct 1, 09 10:48 PM
Only got round to trying this game this morning (though I'd downloaded it yesterday when it first became TGT).

I love the game, and although I haven't needed any hints yet, there have been a couple of times where I was tempted (that last item in a scene).

Anyway, I lasted 20 minutes before buying it, though I was willing at around 5 mins.

Has anyone else noticed that a certain wandering 'mechanical' could be straight out of Toy Story?

ETA: Generally not had any problems with translations (unlike certain other recent HOGs), but one of these days I'll come across a game where 'suspenders' actually are suspenders, not braces.

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 11:15:21 PM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Oct 1, 09 10:49 PM
Absolutely a great game. As everyone has said, the graphics are simply works of art.

PS is basically like RTR, only, I think, much easier. I only had to go to the walk-through once, and I used hints only when I just plain wanted to move along, NOW!

The intensity builds as the story goes along. And it definitely does have ambiance--there are points at which I thought "ooooh, I don't wanna go there!" And that's a great thing to say--it means that they did their job very well in terms of story, graphics, audio, setting, and the overall experience.

Note: if you have a thing about rats, prepare to clench your teeth now and then.

I hated seeing it end. We MUST have the sequel soon!

It's an absolutely great game experience. I'll probably replay it fairly soon just to enjoy the graphics. It's that good.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Oct 1, 09 10:52 PM
I read earler in this thread that the game is 13 chapters. For me, that's a nice long game.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 1, 09 11:09 PM
Awesome! I could not stop playing! The graphics are beautifu! Stunning! I'd sit here and just look at the scenes. The storyline was good, and toward the end you feel like you need to hurry to save Simon! I know I'll play this again. I am very impressed and hope it won't be a long wait for the sequel. I felt some scenes were a little creepy, made me shiver. Not scary, just a little creepy. The spider puppet made my skin crawl LOL! Thanks BF! Keep more like this coming. And, this is my first game bought for Oktoberfest!

Give this !!

Go to: