Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by MargieYakubovich on Oct 28, 09 6:57 PM
My mouse does not work in the second room either. I have tried installing twice and I have the same problem where everything freezes. CTL Alt DEL doesn't even get me out, I have to totally re-boot my computer.

I have a feeling my I don't have enough memory for this game.
Too bad because it looked fun to play.

Edited on 10/28/2009 at 6:58:16 PM PST

[Post New]by mnkyes on Oct 29, 09 10:37 AM
I am tying to play a hidden object game and as it is loading the following error pops up: Access Violation 0x0056245B (tried to read from 0x00000068) Program will be terminated. I have deleted, restarted and reloaded game and still get same error. Please help me! My system Windows7 64x HP, ActiveX 10 and all codecs!

Edited on 10/29/2009 at 10:48:24 AM PST

amybc
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by amybc on Oct 30, 09 8:40 PM
I can't set the time in the museum. I keep putting the hands at 9:10 and nothing happens. Am I doing anything wrong.

Thanks

fruktik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by fruktik on Nov 5, 09 8:10 AM
I finished the game within 3 hours running - very good story and such cool theme (puppets )...

But what will be in PuppetShow 2 - will I catch the evil girl at last?

[Post New]by Eliskor on Nov 10, 09 9:01 PM
I don't know why I get it and I only get it on PuppetShow: Mystery Of Joyville.

This is the error I get:

"Error: Access Violation at 0x0056245B (Tried to read from 0x00000068), program terminated."

Then it goes to the file has stopped working. Any idea what my error is? Thank you for any help you can provide.

[Post New]by gambler_13626 on Nov 23, 09 8:19 AM
ppowell wrote:I really like the game and especially the graphics. My problem is that I can't figure how to get out of the 1st two rooms. I found all the hidden objects, checked out all the sparkles, unlocked the chest and all I seem to do is go bac and forth between the 2 rooms. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by postal_nana on Dec 16, 09 7:52 PM
Eliskor wrote:I don't know why I get it and I only get it on PuppetShow: Mystery Of Joyville.

This is the error I get:

"Error: Access Violation at 0x0056245B (Tried to read from 0x00000068), program terminated."

Then it goes to the file has stopped working. Any idea what my error is? Thank you for any help you can provide.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Dec 16, 09 7:58 PM
have you checked bf help section. i have had same type problem with a coupla games. some can be made to run by going into programs and expanding to where you can see each games files ( hidden ones too.) and then telling it to play in compatibility mode for xp. bf help section has very good instructions on errors with vista. also. sometimes. completly shutting down computer helps and restarting it. also. you might try changing resolution. good luck. it is a very nice hog. i am looking forward to joyville 2.

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Dec 19, 09 5:41 AM
Hi, I am having a problem setting time. I cannot move hands at all. Am I doing something wrong?

SKAGs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by SKAGs on Jan 8, 10 11:44 AM
I can't save my game. I played for over 4 hours the other day and got quite far, when I went back to play there were no saved names and I had to start again. The same thing happened again. Anybody got any advice?

[Post New]by jillytwt on Feb 23, 10 11:49 PM
I have set the time on the clock outside the museum to 9:10 about a million times and the door still won't open... what am I doing wrong here?

[Post New]by sw00shnana on Mar 2, 10 9:02 PM
litlwhiskey wrote:I cannot get out of the masters house, I have gone back and forth between the two rooms, found the punchcard, opened the door to the bedroom, and it still wont let me leave the backyard of the masters house. I have the ropeladder, the glass container and the punchcard in my tools. What am I missing?

[Post New]by Ivriniel on Apr 7, 10 7:13 PM
The game has these really annoying lines going through the screen. I tried restarting the game, but it didn't make any difference.

[Post New]by sapphiresmiles14 on Jun 6, 10 3:28 PM
I keep getting an error message anytime i try to start the game saying access violation at 0x006864E6 (tried to read from 0x0000003C0), program terminated. I have tried updating my video card turning off anti-virus while downloading and playing. I played the 1 hour trial and then bought the game because i thought it was great. It is very frustrating can anyone help.

thanks

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Jun 6, 10 5:50 PM
My wife and I "beta-tested" this game, and we waited waited for it to come out... So what happens? It finally comes out and we can't bring it up !!! I bought it , it's in my purchase history, I try to sneek up on it every once in a while, it downloads to game mananger, and when I click "play now" I get that stupid windows error message that this file is corrupt,,, or some such thing like error # 707 blah blah,, I can't remember the exact message and I don't feel like downloading again just to see it.
I've been in touch with BF. They've given me the instructions to follow, they,ve looked inside my puter, I' ve tried everything. ...and the funny thing is: it does this on both of our computers... BFG's has been very fair to me over this issue,but now when PM2 came out I thought I'd try again. Nope same old error waaa waaa so wish I could bring this game up.....must be part of my OCD that makes me keep trying Any one else have this prob ????

alex_np
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by alex_np on Jun 9, 10 11:21 AM
I also cannot access the strategy part. I get error. The rest of the game runs without problems. I have updated everything and still cannot get the strategy at the right corner to work. I have to reboot my computer if I try the strategy. I have been with BF for years and hope that something is done to correct this. Thank you, alex_np

[Post New]by Punk63 on Jul 4, 10 4:16 PM
I put the head on the owl and realized I didn't have the combination needed to finish the puzzle. Found the combination went back to the owl and it will not allow me at all to do the puzzle. It acts like I already did it but did not get the piece I needed to finish the game. Any way to contact the people who created this game?
Thanks

[Post New]by wenrosie on Jul 10, 10 12:07 PM
Hello, I just started this game and I am having a big problem!
When I try to do the seek and find objects, the list is covered by a curtain that doesn't stay open. When I click on the sparkles, it takes me to the seek and find area, but the curtain closes and I cannot see what I am to find!
Help?

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jul 12, 10 1:48 PM
doxie3 wrote:
Jellodog wrote:I too am having technical problems with the game slowing to almost glacial. I've rebooted a couple of times but it doesn't help. I don't want to have to reinstall as I'm close to the end. How did you guys that were having similar problems solve them? I'm back in the theater where Felicia yells "Kill the detective!" and she just keeps yelling it!!
i am having the sam problem... after felicia yells kill the detective my game freezes up and i cant go any further... dont know what to do... do not want to reload it if its not fixed.... someone help
I just got to the same place in the game and had the same thing happen. I was able to get to the menu and exit, but do not know what to do. It skips the last two chapters. Any ideas?

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Aug 21, 10 4:20 PM
desandnrs wrote:
doxie3 wrote:
Jellodog wrote:I too am having technical problems with the game slowing to almost glacial. I've rebooted a couple of times but it doesn't help. I don't want to have to reinstall as I'm close to the end. How did you guys that were having similar problems solve them? I'm back in the theater where Felicia yells "Kill the detective!" and she just keeps yelling it!!
i am having the sam problem... after felicia yells kill the detective my game freezes up and i cant go any further... dont know what to do... do not want to reload it if its not fixed.... someone help
I just got to the same place in the game and had the same thing happen. I was able to get to the menu and exit, but do not know what to do. It skips the last two chapters. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem to about the game slowing down. I'm back inside the theater where Felicia is yelling at her father about 'Killing the Detective! and my character gets knocked out unconscious. The problem starts when the detective is slowly waking up inside a bird cage of some sort. It takes forever get the game back in focus at this scene. Basically I'm stuck at this scene.

I would like to finish the game. So, my question is why is the game slowing down at this particular scene?

Go to: