heidiham4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by heidiham4 on Nov 10, 15 9:08 AM
Another problem! What's up all of a sudden I have some kind of problem with every game I try to play. Got the film reel but now can't use it. Anyone have the fix?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Nov 10, 15 2:23 PM
Thanks, I finally got the doll puzzle order right and finished the game!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Nov 10, 15 9:30 PM
Got to the very end of the main game and can't leave the lake. Map won't work. Evidence has disappeared. Can't move, guide works and can leave game, but can not proceed in game. I exited game, installed 21 updates and still can't get game to work. AAAARRRRRGGGGGG.

JurJur
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by JurJur on Nov 12, 15 1:45 PM
end of game, You need to rotate wire, in order to get pepper spray, to spray man to end game. Nothing happens.... no man , nothing... just the girl, and her mother...Help

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Nov 13, 15 9:01 PM
nypitterpat, I am having the same problem. Using Windows 7. It seems like it takes 30 seconds each time you change scenes as though they are not connected. Had this happen before. It is annoying especially if I click on the wrong scene, have to wait for it to open, then come out and go to the correct one.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 14, 15 4:38 PM
First time I have had a problem with a Fear For Sale game. Happened near the end (naturally). Game is frozen, I can bring up the inventory but can't pick anything up. Can't access the map. Can't travel anywhere. Even the hint button won't work. Totally frustrating and I have absolutely no desire to start all over again. Dare we hope for a fix? Is anyone at BFG paying attention? At this rate I will be adding Elefun to my list of developers to be avoided. That list is growing! Looks like I'll be contacting Customer Service to ask for a credit (again). Using Windows 7 Desktop.

ETA: Just sent an unhappy message to customer support. We'll see what that does. Personally, I feel completely ignored by both the moderators and the developer on this issue. All I want to do is finish this game. Is that too much to ask?

Edited on 11/15/2015 at 7:02:32 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 16, 15 4:32 AM
Got the standard response to my complaint. They offered me a game coupon. Not really helpful when it comes to finishing this particular game though. Even though I told them I had no interest in running a Dr.Felix they still suggested that as well as coming in here to the forums for help. Um....I've done that. All I really wanted was for someone to tell me if there was any plan to issue an update that would fix the bugs. I am guessing that the answer to that would be NO. Thanks so much BFG!

[Post New]by TerriTarHeel on Nov 20, 15 12:19 AM
My "freezing" issue that I posted about on October 29 was finally resolved - the "save" file had to be deleted and game restarted.

Now I also have the "wire" problem. I've never had a game that allowed an inventory window to close permanently unless all the items were taken. It IS a major issue.

BFG used to have the very best customer service anywhere but there seems to be a problem now. Perhaps it's the same problem seen all over America, businesses cutting workers and expecting the same amount of production from them.

A little bit of feedback from the moderators would go a long way. I did see one post saying they've contacted the developers but possibly BFG could give us an update on that. Are they working on the issues - or not?

[Post New]by MadameApothecary on Nov 21, 15 5:03 PM
I am at the Main Hall and the game is stuck. The music plays, I can click on the Menu button to go to the Main Menu options but none of the other icons work...I can't select any items, the tasks don't open, the press pass doesn't open, Hints doesn't respond and the map doesn't open. The Guide does open though. I can't leave the Main Hall to go anywhere else. I am using Mac Yosemite and would really appreciate a fix for this aside from having to delete the game and start all over.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 23, 15 4:35 AM
This is the same issue I have but at a different place in the game. Apparently no one at BFG is interested in addressing these issues and the developer doesn't seem to care much either. I do know that this is the last game I buy from this particular developer (not that they would care). All BFG will do for you is give you a game coupon for another game. I would prefer a fix so I can finish the game. Not interested in starting all over again (I am practically at the end) especially as there is no guarantee that it won't happen again. You could try contacting customer support at BFG but I doubt they will be of any practical use as far as this game is concerned.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Dec 1, 15 5:02 PM
This happened to me with the mailbox too. Since it was very late I exited the game and left it overnight and when I opened the game next morning it started at the point I left off and I had no problem whatsoever getting in the mailbox to get the wire, firefly, etc and was able to play the remainder of the game straighthrough. It seems to me that parts of the game are lost after a lengthy time of playing, so exiting the game for a lengthy time resets and restores it again. I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit, and I always use alternate method to download because it seems to work better with windows 10.

tholmes2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by tholmes2 on Dec 2, 15 5:14 AM
Near the end of the game, and it is all frozen, can click on the area for the main menu and also the strategy guide, but nothing else, I really don't want to start over, and by the sounds of it other people are having the same problems..
Will it be fixed soon?

bug in game will not let me continue

[Post New]by murt57 on Dec 2, 15 10:53 AM
I paid for the game but I cannot go on, because I have no wire to open the machine in the school yard. Same issue as MANY other people. PLEASE provide an update or at least a response as to when this will be fixed. I don't really want to start all over again and don't feel that is a viable solution for Big Fish to be content with it's faithful users having to deal with a program but in this way.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 2, 15 8:35 PM
Since BFG sometimes reads this thread -

I also cannot get the wire. I have had no other problems with the game except for a little slowness in loading,

I might restart with a new profile, but I am afraid if I do I;ll run into one of the pther issues folks are having.

kate21677
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kate21677 on Dec 12, 15 7:40 AM
Near end of game, and like many others, the game froze...c'mon BFG, you can do better. I have been a loyal customer but am tired of games with all these glitches.

JurJur
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by JurJur on Dec 22, 15 4:40 PM
On Nov. 12 I posted a problem with Fear for Sale: City of the Post. Have never heard back from any one... I played the games again, and the same problem at the end. Can't rotate wires, can't spay the man because he never appears... can't end game.
need help...

efb203
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by efb203 on Jan 11, 16 12:38 PM
Tried to play the game for the first time today. I clicked on the gam in the Game Center, but when I try to open and play the game, it briefly opened (like 1 second?) and then nothing. I hear the opening sounds, but cannot get the game to remain open.

I am on a Mac running OSX Yosemite.

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Jan 16, 16 3:47 PM
Played all through to final chapter, soon as I loaded the crime scene stuff in the diary it froze. Un-re install played ALL THE WAY through again, opened the journal in a different location, froze up immediately. Dumped the game and got credit for a different one

[Post New]by hisstah on Jan 25, 16 12:36 PM
I've got Windows 7. My problem is that the game freezes at various times when it begins to load a different scene. I have to go to the Task Manager to shut the game down. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the same glitch happens. Is there a fix for this or do I just give this a crappy review and resign myself to the fact that I've wasted my money?

varbc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by varbc on Feb 18, 16 1:50 PM
Braves1lady wrote:Thanks, I finally got the doll puzzle order right and finished the game!

How did you do it???

Still not working for me...

Go to: