Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by no1doxies on Jul 30, 16 3:07 PM
Same here!!!!! Offered another game and I have been a fan of MCF games and own most of them!!!!! They all connect in an odd way and I do not want another game I WANT Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition!!!!!!! FIX IT PLEASE!! I have the other games but I want to play them in order!!!!! You know the way that they were intended!! Certainly someone in your TECH team can fix this.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by AnniRose on Aug 15, 16 3:35 PM
Same Here!!!! Game does not work on Windows 10. My computer is new and CAME with Windows 10!!!! Any updates have been installed so don't tell me where to look for updates, I already know!!! THE GAME DOESN'T WORK!!! I have no problem with other Mystery Case Files games working!!!

Tried contacting Customer Support and as usual no response!!! NONE!!!!

I guess Big Fish has got too big for it's pond!!! As soon as my membership for the month runs out I'm gone.

What a shameful, disrespectful way to treat customers!!!!

[Post New]by susifish on Aug 26, 16 8:09 AM
Could we please have an update on what is being done or not done to resolve the \windows 10/Dire Grove issue? It's been a long time and so many have posted...I don't think this problem will go away, OS changes will happen and the gaming world has to keep up.

[Post New]by gpanitzke on Aug 28, 16 12:55 PM
Okay I haven't played for a while, and it looks Like I have to add this to my list not only it doesn't run but this will make about 5 or 6 games that wont run period.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Aug 28, 16 5:19 PM
Please release a patch!

[Post New]by lgouchen on Sep 4, 16 10:20 PM
I have been waiting a very long time for Big Fish to respond to our concerns regarding the Windows 10 problem with MCF Dire Grove. I am getting tired of waiting. Why do all the other MCF games work on Windows 10 except Dire Grove? It really doesn't make any sense. I wanted to add my name to this list of disgruntled Dire Grove fans.

[Post New]by CrystalPuppy on Sep 14, 16 4:02 PM
...wait what?! Dire Grove doesn't work on Windows 10? Why was I not told this when I put in a consumer question (or however you say it) with Customer Service? There needs to be a patch or a re - release of a version that does work with windows 10 then. That's not cool to leave your customers hanging if that is what is really going on. :/

1sue
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by 1sue on Sep 17, 16 5:28 PM
Add me to the loonnnggggg list of windows 10 NOT WORKING WITH DIRE GROVE. MY WIN IS UPDATED AND BRAND NEW. I'M LIKE A LOT OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE, DIRE GROVE IS MY BEST GAME. PLEASE CONTACT SOME WHO CAN HELP YOUR TECH GUYS GET THIS FIXED, PLEASE.

Morgana33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Sep 19, 16 8:36 AM
I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I run windows 10 and dire grove just opens to task bar and that's it nothing happens. I have tried compatibility test still nothing tried running as admin and nothing. I have the standard and ce versions and both don't work anymore. I find this strange as I have played this game with windows 10 before, so what happened?????
I can play all the other MCF games just fine but not this one.
My computers completely updated as well. so I decided to reinstall all my drivers, flash, shockwave, vlan etc. but still no go. I find this very frustrating as I like to replay MCF games a lot.
Mind you, I have also found other games that were working great at the beginning of the year and are now not.
Can someone try and fix this game please.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Sep 28, 16 10:35 AM
Hi, I also have a new computer, Windows 10, this game will only download to my taskbar, and not open. I tried running it as Administrator, that did not work.

When I originally bought this game in 2009, I had this same problem, I cannot for the life of me remember how it got fixed, please help!!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,601 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Sep 28, 16 6:10 PM
It is obvious that our complaints about Dire Grove not working with WIN 10 are not being heard or responded to. I still can't figure out why there is a TECH ISSUES thread for this game when the "tech issues" have not been addressed.

As I had indicated on a previous post...BF implies that if you "upgrade to the full version of this game it is yours to play forever" ... seems to not be so true. As I now have a computer with Windows 10 (as many others may have or have upgraded to WIN 10) I'm wondering how many more of the vast amount of games that I have purchased through the years will not play on Win 10 (I have yet to try them all). As has been said here...a gaming site should always be able to accommodate the ever changing technology in the upgrades to our computers and as paying customers BF should fulfill their promise that we should be able to always play the games that we have purchased.

Edited on 09/29/2016 at 4:24:30 PM PST

[Post New]by Leafplays on Oct 12, 16 1:43 PM
The worst part is they don't mention this on the game page and there is no real way to run compatibility mode with the games that have to run through their manager. They seem to prefer to annoy their potential customers than to deal with the issue.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,612 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 14, 16 7:28 PM
Leafplays wrote:The worst part is they don't mention this on the game page and there is no real way to run compatibility mode with the games that have to run through their manager. They seem to prefer to annoy their potential customers than to deal with the issue.

Each game download page lists System Requirements. If your system is not listed I think it's safe to assume it's not compatible.

But, agreed. This is absurd. I even read a post form a moderator "reminding" a player that the developers are responsible for upgrades. Uuuummm, Big Fish Moderator, Big Fish IS the developer of the original Dire Grove. Please. Either you think we are idiots or you need to read up on your employer a little more.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,037 Posts

Still Broken for Windows 10 and CS basically shrugging and issuing coupons.

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 1, 16 1:10 AM
Soooo sad. Dire Grove is my favorite of all the MCF games. In anticipation of the next one coming soon I decided to download and play it again on my Falcon Northwest gaming system new in January of this year, of course it's Windows 10, all new systems are. Pretty unhappy with 10 in general, and the latest patch for it in particular, as it broke many applications and this is, apparently, the latest I've found. Contacted BFG's CS and basically they said, "Yes, there's been problems with Windows 10. Here's a coupon and sorry." I don't believe they have any intention of trying to fix it, especially since no new games are being developed directly at BFG any more like this one was. And the game is what, 7 years old?

Oh, and a head's up, you can use compatibility mode in Windows 10 and it SAYS it's running in Windows 7 compatibility but it still doesn't run.

The same sort of thing (appears to run, is on the task bar and in task manager but nothing happens) happened w/ 10 and XCOM Enemy Unknown running on Steam but they have a file verification thingy and that fixed it. Wish BFG would do the same but not holding my breath.

[Post New]by napgar82 on Nov 1, 16 12:51 PM
I'm puzzled, because a friend of mine has Windows 10 and Dire Grove runs without issues. I wish I knew why.

[Post New]by bjmirlu on Nov 1, 16 12:57 PM
Add me to the list of people who can't play this game on Windows 10, I have tried every single thing that has been suggested and nothing works, please fix this issue.

bfgIlinalta
2,017 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 1, 16 2:22 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response. I've researched this issue further and have found that while the appropriate teams are aware of it and are working to resolve it, we do not have additional information to provide about the incompatibility some players are experiencing in Windows 10. I apologize I do not have more specific information to provide and am going to continue providing all additional information provided here that could aid in the investigation to the right teams.

For players that are on Windows 10 and haven't tried the following steps to troubleshoot, some players have reported that after trying the following page's steps that their game was able to work:

Windows 10

Also, we recommend trying out the free trial of our games to see if there are any possible compatibility issues with our games before purchase. This will also allow a player to see if the game is one that they would like to continue to play and enjoy, so downloading the free trial is usually a great idea for when a game seems interesting. For more information about our free trials, including how to download and install one, I am providing a link to one of our help pages below:

Download a Trial Game

It may also help to review the System Requirements for a game before purchase. Our games are tested on most operating systems that are available, but compatibility will vary for each game as well for each unique build of a computer. The following page details how to check if a game could be incompatible or not as well as some suggested preliminary troubleshooting steps for the computer, just in case it is helpful:

Game Compatibility

For players who have been affected by this compatibility issue and need more assistance, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use this data to help with the investigation and are always happy to help as best they can.

Thank you all for your time and patience most of all. If there are any further questions, feel free to PM any of our active Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,601 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Nov 1, 16 6:00 PM
Thank you bfgllinalta for your update/information on the problem that those of us with WIN 10 are having with playing Dire Grove. With that being said...there are those of us that have already purchased Dire Grove prior to getting computers (or upgrading to) WIN 10. I have sent numerous Dr. Felix Reports to tech support with no remedy to the problem and have only been given a coupon to purchase another game. I have the whole collection of MCF games...seems odd how all of them play okay using WIN 10 other than this one

Again, thank you

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,543 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 15, 16 4:20 PM
just finished downloading dire grove ce that I purchased the very day it came out in November 25, 2009, getting ready to do a mcf marathon before the new one comes out and low and behold my game will not open. it will open to the task bar but that is the extent of it. I am also running a windows 10 and no it is not my computer as it is up to date with all the updates. you would think that bfg being a big company that specializes in computer games would realize when games are made that computer operating systems will change and bfg should realize that they are going to need technical teams to make patches to fix compatibility issues with those games. that being said bfg you really need to update your games for those of us who own these games and have upgraded to newer systems.

I for one have been a long term member and I have well over 600 games on your site that I have bought throughout the years and am just now getting around to playing them as I have the time to play now. I hope that because I have upgraded my os from an outdated one that I will not run into this issue too much.

please find a fix for this

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,543 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 15, 16 4:54 PM
just downloaded mcf 13th skull which has the same operating system as dire grove by the way, low and behold 13th skull plays.

this is not an issue with our operating systems it is an issue with bfg

please make a patch to fix this issue.

Go to: