snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Destination: Treasure Island comments and reviews

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Oct 4, 09 9:38 PM
I agree with some of the other posts. "No demo, no sale". When I'm not allowed a peek, it makes me wonder why and assume there's probably a good reason that's not in my favor.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 4, 09 10:44 PM
HERE IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN I TRY AND PLAY THIS GAME: To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the .NETframework: v2.0.50727. Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the NETframework. YIKES, this is the first time I have ever had trouble with a game on this site. Me thinks I am headed for another site for games after this pirate stole my money. Can anyone help? Thank you.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 4, 09 10:49 PM
Here is the message I get when I try and play this downloaded and paid-for game: To run this application, you musst first install one of the following versions of the NETframworks: v2.050727. Contact your applications publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version to the NETframework. I have downloaded twice and THIS GAME WILL NOT RUN. First time I have ever had any trouble with large file games on this site. Looks like I will have to go elsewhere if not resolved and given the change to view the game before purchasing. NOT A GOOD GAME TO PAY MONEY FOR. Too bad.

kanona29
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kanona29 on Oct 5, 09 8:08 AM

Admiral,

It seems your system may need an update. Contact technical support for bigfishgames and they will direct you with what steps to take so that your system is up to date to play the game.

If the matter is not resolved, then they will happily refund your game credit. Bigfishgames is pretty darn good about this type of stuff.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Oct 5, 09 10:31 AM
I tried to play this game at [removed by moderator] (they have a 60 min. free trial) and I couldn't get through more than 20 min. because of the motion sickness! I don't know how long this entire message will stay up because the competition site. If yo can deal w/ the constant movement then don't get this!

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 2:56:14 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 5, 09 12:35 PM
LilyCat wrote:I bought this game a while ago, and enjoyed it. Not too difficult, interesting puzzles (though I had to draft my husband in for some of the ones that involved numbers!) and great scenery. If you like this kind of large adventure game I'd recommend it.

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 12:38:59 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Oct 5, 09 2:39 PM
admiral1133 wrote:HERE IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN I TRY AND PLAY THIS GAME: To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the .NETframework: v2.0.50727. Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the NETframework. YIKES, this is the first time I have ever had trouble with a game on this site. Me thinks I am headed for another site for games after this pirate stole my money. Can anyone help? Thank you.

The NETframework application is not a pirate. It's part of Windows, and it sounds like you need to update to the latest version from the Microsoft site. You can probably do this by running Windows Update from your computer.

HTH!

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Oct 6, 09 2:23 AM
I have just finished the game. I very much enjoyed it, the knot tying was educational as that is an actual demonstration for each of the knots used. The puzzles really made me think, especially towards the end, but were not impossible. Graphics were great as was acting. A great way to waste several hours. I highly recommend this game. I run Vista and had no technical difficulties at all. Being a fan of LFG's I know to save often just in case. I never had to revert to an earlier save. There is always a way to move forward. Have fun all!

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Oct 6, 09 8:18 AM
I highly recommend this game.
Most of these games are very free roaming and so it is not always obvious what you are expected to do next which can mean lots of time spent wandering from location to location. With Long John Silver's 'Enigma' you are given riddle like clues as to what to do next, which appeals to my riddle solving brain and adds to the gameplay. A very clever way of introducing a hint system. The only time this let me down was that at the beginning you don't solve them in the order they appear so I did resort to the walkthrough as I couldn't see a way ahead.

As for using walkthroughs, my thoughts are that sometimes it is nice to go to a new city and just wander aimlessly and explore, but there is no harm or shame in taking a guide book with you in case you get lost or frustrated.

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Oct 6, 09 1:21 PM
This game was AWSOME! Loved every minute of it! Graphics were incredible! Felt like I was really there! Wow, we need more games like this one. At first I had a hard time downloading it, there were a couple things I didnt have, but Emily (BF support) helped me out and I had to download Microsoft Framework 3.5 and Direct X End User 9.0. Without that I could'nt have played the game, (not sure why I didnt have it in the first place) But overall, I give this this game a 10 and highly recomend it! Have fun fishes!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 6, 09 11:57 PM
About the Enigma:

In the very first chapter, depending on the decisions you make, you will take one of two alternate branches.

One branch will exactly follow the order of the Enigma. The other changes up the order.

There are a couple of other places in the game where you may also make decisions that cause you to do parts of the riddle in an alternate sequence.

So some people will follow the enigma exactly, while others will do the verses in a slightly different order.

Ot just depends on the decisions you make. I was quite impressed with the fact that the game did offer alternate paths, as most don't.

Robin

[Post New]by janinabeans on Oct 7, 09 4:32 PM
Aingail wrote:I just bought the game but it won't start. I click 'play now' and nothing happends. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Yes, I am having trouble it won't start. Right now I have uninstalled and am reinstalling it. I am worried about the freezing that someone wrote about. I am wondering if I am going to be sorry about purchasing this one. Only time will tell.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 8, 09 8:28 AM
Superb game, really enjoyed playing it but couldnt have finished without the walkthrough, especially the Mayan calendar part.

[Post New]by bodger3 on Oct 9, 09 9:15 AM
please tell me how to get from the two discs in wall , i have turned discs -put rabbit by one dot - monkey by solid line and snake by two lines with 3 dotes over , but the wall still wont open - re destination treasure island.
going nuts here just cant move on

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Oct 9, 09 12:24 PM
So you have to make 3 combinations, and each time you get the correct one the wall moves a bit. If the wall has not moved at all then you have not found the right 1st combination. Perhaps double check the pictures?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 9, 09 8:50 PM
bodger3 wrote:please tell me how to get from the two discs in wall , i have turned discs -put rabbit by one dot - monkey by solid line and snake by two lines with 3 dotes over , but the wall still wont open - re destination treasure island.
going nuts here just cant move on

The Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games has screenshots of each position. Perhaps that will help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of the page, then on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

In particular, make sure you have the right symbol for the monkey. There are two that look fairly similar.

Each time you have the discs set correctly, the door will rise part-way, so you can tell if you got the right one before continuing.

Good luck!
Robin

SaPTIC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by SaPTIC on Oct 10, 09 6:56 AM
Cause I really loved the Mysterious Island games (both) and Echo's secret of the lost Cavern I bought this instantly. Gameplay is the same as and so is the interface.

The puzzles are pretty easy (ended the game in just 1 day of playing) in comparison to the Mysterious and Echo games. None the less the graphics are awesome and the best part is the map which you can use to navigate around instead of having to run through different scenes.

graphics:
gameplay:
gametime:

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 10, 09 11:16 AM
Really enjoyed this game. Good graphics, game play, puzzles, dialog, etc. Very nicely done!

[Post New]by bodger3 on Oct 13, 09 3:00 PM
thank you so much robin for pointing out there where two monkeys on the wheels puzzle.
i love this game - very much like mysterious island.

christine [ calumdove]

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Oct 15, 09 3:00 PM
Hi folks,

Just a heads up that I had to remove some website names from this thread as we try to discourage posters from directing people to our competitors' websites. If you do feel the need to post about another site, we ask that you use abbreviations or use our Private Messaging system, as even mentioning the company in full puts their name higher on search lists and essentially becomes free advertising for them on our site - even if you're saying something bad or neutral.

Also, please keep in mind that this thread is for reviews. Please post questions in other or new threads (just click on "create discussion" at the top of this forum to start a new thread) and please try to send answers via PM or direct people to the walkthrough to keep this thread on track. This also prevents people who just want reviews from accidentally stumbling across spoilers that may ruin the game for them.

Thanks everybody, both for your cooperation and for your awesome reviews!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Go to: