Game wont' play

Re:Game wont' play

[Post New]by pinkish_7 on Jun 8, 11 4:33 AM
these ppl are just ridiculous.

Their games cant work , and blame our graphic card problem ! wth !
I want a refund back , I do not wish for any game credit !
NO WAY I AM BUYING THEIR GAMES AGAIN !

they are so hard to reach. I try to send an enquiry and it took so long !
it is not user friendly at all !

*PLEASE REMOVE THIS GAME - HOTEL GIANT. ITS SIMPLY TO OLD FOR ANY COMPUTER !!!!!!

[Post New]by ImHaffina on Jul 11, 11 6:03 AM
Wish I'd read this before I bought this game. *sigh*

[Post New]by LollyMaid104 on Aug 16, 11 6:46 AM
Hotel Giant doesn't play on computers that have newer systems (such as XP, Windows 7 or Vista).

There are a few possibilities that can help sort the problem,

1~ Running the game in compatibility mode with Windows 98 or older

This seems the most likelihood fix. I have played this game before, then lost the disc right before the computer was updated with Windows Vista.

So, I think that the game will run in older computers because at the time it was made to run on old systems. I'm going to try this and see if it works. I'll post back ASAP.

EDIT: After running my Hotel Giant game with Windows 95/Me compatibility it loaded up onto a campaign game and then closed down as soon as I entered inside the hotel.

I then did a little google search. I found a postthat looks pretty promising, but according the Big Fish rules you can't post links. Just email me for it.

[I'm going to try and see if it works by seperating the individual words... Just delete the spaces and that's the link]

http:// forum. jowood. de/showthread .php? t=117809

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 6:55:32 AM PST

[Post New]by hex_haight on Nov 18, 11 6:37 PM
Thank you forums for the warning! Reading this was depressing, but I'm so glad I read before I bought!!

[Post New]by sundancer14 on Nov 13, 12 5:50 PM
I WISH I had read this BEFORE I paid and downloaded because I too am getting message, Windows has detected an error and needs to close...

[Post New]by sundancer14 on Nov 13, 12 6:27 PM
Have just found out that the game wont play on XP/Vista or Windows 7...yet before I downloaded the download information CLEARLY states it will...am so CHEESED off right about now....

Will be ultra ultra careful before I ever spend any money on any game ever again...its the first time I have had trouble through a BF game....will always check any forums in future....

Edited on 11/13/2012 at 6:28:56 PM PST

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Dec 8, 12 12:40 PM
I just copied this from the developers website for Hotel Giant,

System Requirements
Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 98/ 2000 / ME / XP (Windows Vista and Windows 7 not supported)

I recently upgraded to a new pc with windows 7, so after re-downloading some of my favourite games, I thought I would play Hotel Giant again. Then after having the same issues, I checked the download page and it clearly says- OS: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8.
I then checked the developers site and copied and pasted the operating system requirements as above.
I've also read most of the posts on this forum noting that the exact same issue has been posted many times over the past 3 years, and still BFG don't acknowledge that the game is not supported for Vista or Windows 7. I'm really upset with BFG as a member for so many years, I think this is the last straw and I will close my membership now for the last time and buy my games elsewhere.

[Post New]by amberland28 on Jul 2, 13 8:27 AM
I have the same problem ad just sent a note to tech support. I will post what they tell me.

Go to: