gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet comments and reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 24, 10 6:45 PM
Demo-ed this game after buying Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret as a daily deal today.

At first, there's only one location at a time to search, which for me was disappointing since Napoleon's Secret always offered 6 locations at a time. By the end of this demo, though, there were at least several locations at a time, which made me happier with it.

I like it, and it will go on my "may buy" list.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 8, 10 6:21 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Well, this one different from its older siblings. Guess the youngest just has to be different. Seriously though, they did change the format from basically a spot-the-difference game to a HOG game, which I found I didn't like quite as much. Maybe I'm just overloading on HOGs.

Pros:
- no timer
- HOG scenes were busy scenes but not junkpiles, which made them easier to sort through
- the hint system was refillable as long as you could catch Anubis and/or had enough coins to buy extra ones from the store
- the items were usually easy enough find that you didn't need but one or two hints (if that many) per scene - as long as you were willing to be patient and look
- the storyline was pretty cohesive and developed rather than simply being mentioned at the beginning and then forgotten

Cons:
- the lights in the HOG scenes went out and you had to use a flashlight for a bit if you had too many unproductive clicks in a row; I call it a con because I hate penalties of any kind for that
- the HOG scenes were a tad bit dark and grainy, making a handful of the items hard to find
- you could potentially find yourself stuck if you need to much help

Overall Impression: I liked the game well enough but am not sure I like it well enough to buy it at the moment. I will definitely come back and give it some consideration if/when my "Absolutely Want:" list runs dry.

[Post New]by violinist1981 on Aug 1, 10 5:25 PM
I enjoyed this game the most of the three games, and was sad to see that storyline was over. I am hoping that they will be able to do another game with a new storyline for Anna, since I enjoyed these puzzle games so much.

Anyone know if they plan on making any more of these games?

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Sep 1, 10 10:54 AM
I am at chap.6 and so far not impressed, i would say even bored. The 'repeat items' that you have to find, the tiny pieces and dark spots. the puzzles are not bad. would love if I could hear the voices of the characters. Like the story though. overall i give a 3 out of 5.

Items are way out of proportions, a teacup can look like a boat and it is not unusual to find a phone in the sky and that sort of nonsense .....

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 12:42:52 PM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Sep 14, 10 7:52 PM
I read all the reviews and decided to buy this one. Glad I did; it's fun and long too! Yes, you have to go back to the same rooms more than once, and maybe it IS just padding the game, but it gives you more to do, makes the game longer and also makes it a bit more fun having more Hidden Objects to find. The story has an interesting premise in collecting all the "tears" of Sekhmet, one for each level. The only level I just couldn't stand was the one for the sunken ship. I felt like I was drowning! You had to find your H.O.s fast or the water started rising......fast! You had to buy an air tank to give you more air and make the water level fall, but then it would rise again! It seems strange, but I was able to find quite a few objects under water! Had to use a number of hints on this level just to get out of it though! I didn't care for the puzzles in between levels. That's just a personal preference as I've never been much good at them. Nevertheless, the game as a whole was very, very enjoyable. Lots of hints available and various "helps" you can buy in the Store to make things easier for you if needed. I'm giving this one 5 stars.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Oct 24, 11 1:43 PM
lovely graphics and music. a great game overall cos there is lots to do. well done big fish

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 1:10 PM
This is game is like the others, I enjoyed them but I am not overly unhappy to see the ending.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Jan 1, 12 7:49 PM

Possible Spoiler--
I just finished this game (forced myself to!!) I don't think it held a candle to the Curse of the Pharoah- Napoleon. I personally enjoy the 'find the difference' scenes, and there were only 2 in the entire game. Most of the objects were easy to find, and I loved Wipi popping up all the time-- it was very easy to get extra hints that way. If you like a HOG -- this is your game. Although there are staplers, umbrellas, cell phones and lots of other modern things 'hidden' in the game, usually the objects are related to the game (Egyptian type of things). I found the story moderately interesting, but the game started seeming very repetitious. I found myself getting very bored during the last several chapters. Objects were generally in the same area, in the same type of places. It is definitely a game I will not play again!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jul 27, 12 9:39 AM
I bought this game during the weekend with the $2.99 specials, and I loved playing it..........the format of using a map and 5 sites within an area was great. Puzzles weren't too hard or crazy. Buying tools [with the tokens you can earn] and clicking on the Wiki character to gain more hints is an added plus to the play. Am thinking I will buy the other 2 in the series since it plays long, and you don't need to play it as a linear game..........you can come and go and not need to keep the story line in your head. .......... .................

Go to: