syrionia
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by syrionia on Oct 15, 09 7:16 AM
Loved it, but it was perhaps a little too short at about 3 and a half hours.

MS28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MS28 on Oct 15, 09 7:17 AM
I love all the Dash games, love TM games. I decided to try this after reading the reviews. I sat down after dinner and played for two nights and finished it. Wish it was longer. It was fun, this was my first adventure game. It was cute to see all the characters from the other Dash games. I loved the mini games, which they could have been more challenging. I think it's worth a purchase. Just something different and fun.

[Post New]by loonicorn on Oct 15, 09 11:22 AM
Re Princess's comments - Im finding same problem - it downloads to 100% then says its saving then goes back to 37% download and keeps repeating that over and over - Ive managed to download an hours free trial of this game from 2 other sites with no problems

now it wont let me cancel the download as the pause and the bin have both disappeared so I cant even download anything else til I get rid of it

[Post New]by tashanunn81 on Oct 15, 09 2:07 PM
im a big fan of the dash games just compleated this and loved the games
looking forward to more dash games in the future
big thumbs up

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 15, 09 6:34 PM
BIG FAT PANDA GAME REVIEW
9 Bamboo sticks out of 10
I watched the streaming video of this before I downloaded and expected NOT to like it. Boy, was I surprised. It was engaging and has such a variety of things to do. It would be hard to get bored in this new style. I am really enjoying the journey and find myself looking to play it after a few hours away. Bravo!
I think this is also the type of game that be fun for parents to play with their children and have some good quality time together!

[Post New]by 7layers on Oct 15, 09 9:03 PM
I tried the demo with my wife and the 60 minutes were over in the blink of an eye. Rather than wait a week for our next monthly Bigfish game credit we bought it right away.

The game was very cute and good-natured. We loved the variety and had a lot of fun watching the story unfold together. It was great to play a nice little adventure game with so many mini games.

Play First is a quality studio whose games get a little more polished with every release. I'll always check out their latest and, no doubt, greatest.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 15, 09 10:45 PM
Cute demo, but I won't be purchasing it because the sound cut out frequently during the dialogs. Little things like that drive me crazy. Seems like a good game otherwise, though.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 15, 09 10:57 PM
dlb628 wrote:Cute demo, but I won't be purchasing it because the sound cut out frequently during the dialogs. Little things like that drive me crazy. Seems like a good game otherwise, though.

I'm not having any problems with the sound at all. Have you checked to see if there is an upgrade for your sound card drivers?

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Oct 15, 09 11:27 PM
I personally loved this game too. It was like taking a break after a long day at work. KWIM?

The mini games are challenging and it was nice to see Flo do things other than serve food in the diner and such.

The playability was great and the graphics were nice. Also, the humor in the game was great, IMO. I found myself laughing at it here and there.

I personally give the game

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 16, 09 9:12 AM
MS28 wrote:I love all the Dash games, love TM games. I decided to try this after reading the reviews. I sat down after dinner and played for two nights and finished it. Wish it was longer. It was fun, this was my first adventure game. It was cute to see all the characters from the other Dash games. I loved the mini games, which they could have been more challenging. I think it's worth a purchase. Just som
ething different and fun.

Thoroughly enjoyed the demo. Loved the quirkiness and humour. May buy some day, but I don't think there will be any replay value. Fun stuff.

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by Yetses on Oct 16, 09 3:32 PM
I started this game yesterday and was hooked inmediately . Since my free trial was over, I just bought it. I was getting tired of all the time management Dash games and this is a welcome change. Graphics are really nice and Flo can do so much, like operate machinery and even pay a token for the subway. The game is not easy and I am already looking for a walkthrough while I am still in the first neighborhood!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 16, 09 7:25 PM
I'm not having any problems with the sound at all. Have you checked to see if there is an upgrade for your sound card drivers?

This sounds stupid, but I'm not sure how to do that. It does sound like a problem with my particular computer if no one else is having that problem.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 18, 09 3:28 AM
I'm so glad I read the many positive reviews in here. I wanted an easy-going puzzle/adventure object without a lot of object search but with fun characters, and this is perfect.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 18, 09 12:25 PM
GREAT GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!
MY FIRST IMPRESSION WAS THAT IT WAS MORE FOR KIDS..BUT AS I PLAYED I STAND CORRECTED
WONDERFUL VARIETY !
CUTE GRAPHICS AND DIALOG !
WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO SEE MORE OF THESE TYPES OF GAMES ....I REALLY JUST HAD A GOOD TIME PLAYING THIS ONE..
MAYBE A LITTLE FRUSTRATION ON SOME OF THE MINI-GAMES BUT OVERALL ..IT'S A LOVELY AND INTERESTING GAME IMO
ONLY MINOR DISAPPOINTMENT WAS GAME WASN'T THAT LONG..
THANK YOU BF FOR THIS ENJOYABLE GAME
CARRY ON ..LISA

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Oct 18, 09 1:33 PM
Really liked this game. Wasn't sure because I am not all that fond of the other Diner Dash games, but this was great. Loads of fun.

[Post New]by maresapres on Oct 18, 09 6:38 PM
I loved this game. I had a difficult time walking away from it as I wanted to complete each activity in order to go onto the next. It was nice to have a story being told throughout the game. You never knew when they were going to change the plot and throw a wrench into it. Great colorul pictures and the buttlerflies were beautifful.

[Post New]by barkley4 on Oct 19, 09 2:15 PM
Pretty easy game - I did wish it was a bit longer. The only huge quibble I have with it is that after I reached a point close to the end, all of the storyline sequences weren't there and it made it difficult to follow the storyline (which was actually entertaining).

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 19, 09 11:07 PM
That was great fun. I like when a game combines elements -- not all ****, not all TM, not all conversation, I do love puzzles and this had a nice variety. On the easy side but that's good for me these days. Cute characters and stuff.

I'd appreciate recommendations for more games like this.

[Post New]by meadow1951 on Oct 19, 09 11:08 PM
I loved this game but I agree it was too short.

I am having a problem with the Flo games on Windows Vista. This one wasn't too bad but it did freeze up occasionally and I missed bits. I really wanted to play the last Flo game when she was catering to the studios but the demo froze up on Vista so I didn't want to lay out the $ I actually didn't get to play the demo at all.

Has anyone else been having a problem like this?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 20, 09 3:01 AM
I have Vista and didn't have any problems with this game. I didn't really think I would enjoy it but I did. didn't have to do any stumbling around, lol. No running into walls, and I thought it was a lot of fun. Yeah, I got kinda frustrated with the 6 rounds on the chickens and then the chicken songs, and that arobics thing, but I managed to get through them all. Some would say it was to simple, but I say it is a fun change.

Go to: