luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 15, 15 2:28 PM
Stuck at the Dreamcatcher part, Silver Amulet will not go on.
I see this is a problem for some as there is a thread about this.

Definite glitch. I am on a HP Win 8.1 laptop.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 15 5:45 PM
I have found that a lot of ERS games have a runtime error. I often find that they appear when I do something that wasn't programmed into the game. All I then do is leave the game, and get back in, and it's working fine.

I am happy to say that this is one game I didn't get one. (Win7, 64-bit laptop).
However, at the end of the main game, there is a glitch with the grail:

SPOILER ALERT:

I am able to mix the potion for the grail in the basement of the house, and then drink it right there. But when I get back upstairs to confront the woman, I tell myself that I should use the grail. So what I did was go back down and come back up, and then I was able to deal with the woman.

It seems that I wasn't supposed to mix the potion while still downstairs, but I was able to. So it's best to wait until you are back at the top before mixing the potion.

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Nov 15, 15 5:52 PM
not2fat wrote:I using PC (Vista) and am getting a runtime error and game stops running also when putting candle on top of box in floor in hotel room.

Am on Mac OS 10.11.1 and exactly the same thing happens to me! Tried all the regular fixes...So it's happening in both Mac and PC!

[Post New]by droidrot on Nov 15, 15 6:16 PM
Have a PC, Windows 7. I've gotten to the point where I'm creating the candle, I have all the ingredients and I can use them all but the wick. The game will not let me place the wick with the other ingredients nor does it cross if off the ingredient list. I've rebooted and have also reinstalled the game and have gotten the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 15 7:21 PM
Droidrot... you have to put the wick into the candle casing, not with the other ingredients.

[Post New]by droidrot on Nov 15, 15 10:18 PM
Tried putting the wick in the candle casing, it wouldn't go into the casing, it just popped back into the inventory.

aecidia6
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by aecidia6 on Nov 18, 15 6:39 PM
Hi
I have alot of ers games and this is the first one i've had trouble with.I;ve had to restart the game 2 times so far can't get the animal tiles i need to go ahead.I start the hog and it keep closing before i finsh saying i made the dog mad and i nave to give him something to placate him.But the sg doesn't say anything about it.I'm stuck don't want to start over again.I have windows 7 64 bit.And i instaled the update version.
Ty please help love the game great story and the scenes are great want to play all the way.Ty. Ok found the bone to give to the dog ty tookat for your help.

Edited on 11/19/2015 at 10:01:27 PM PST

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Nov 19, 15 10:13 AM
I am not able to reassemble the maps. The pieces on the bottom edge of the window cannot be grabbed and moved. PC version.

[Post New]by Quilter2005 on Nov 21, 15 10:00 AM
Unable to move the last two pieces of the map.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Nov 29, 15 2:02 AM
My Windows 10 gaming pc totally locked up just when I had succeeded in completing the collection memory game. Took me a while cause my memory sucks at 3am, but I finally got all the green lights lit and wham! Freeze.

I couldn't get to task manager to see what was happening, couldn't get to desktop, screen was totally black. I waited about 5 minutes before I shut down the machine and did a cold reboot and lucky me, I got to attempt the puzzle all over again.

I can't believe this is happening in an ERS game. I consider them one of the best developers out there. What's happening?!?

Debbie66
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie66 on Dec 7, 15 6:43 AM
Having the same problem with two maps that I cannot assemble. I hardly ever buy collectors editions, this one I did and now wish I hadn't. Will somebody fix this or do we get our money back?

MAPs

[Post New]by Zangerl on Dec 28, 15 3:48 AM
I couldn't put any of the maps together, for each at least two pieces wouldn't move. I use windows 8
I went trough the whole thread but couldn't find any solutions so far, please help!
Thank you

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 28, 15 10:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing some issues in the game. If it hasn't been done already, I'd recommend looking at the following help articles included earlier by bfgWaimea. These help articles can help address the problems that are coming up in the game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10
Scripting Errors

If you're seeing an issue moving past a specific part of the game or interacting with an object, restarting the game can help resolve this.

If the help articles don't fix the issues, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report issues like this.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 30, 16 12:26 PM
Despite demoing what I would assume is the newest version of this game (with the fixes) I am getting Runtime errors when I try to look at the achievements. From other comments I think they are watches I'm supposed to open but when I try, the game boots me out each time.

Go to: