SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

Re:Mystery of Cleopatra comments and reviews

[Post New]by SherrieS on Oct 22, 09 6:43 AM
Wow 3/5 stars & 2/10 bamboo sticks? you guys are being generous.
This is one of the most frustrating HOGs/AG I've ever experienced. knew in 10 minutes was a no buy-tortured myself anoth 10-got past the dead actor/shouldier & just gave up. Mini games were challenging (yes I re read instruction & still confused) ending up skipping after several tries.
I think the demo was good for testing--thank goodness for demos, especially for this game.
I'll save that credit for later

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Oct 25, 09 1:21 PM
Well, this is my second time I've written in about this game. For some reason or is it my insanity, I played this demo again elsewhere. Don't know what I was thinking! My opinion is still the same....this is a terrible game.

merty
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by merty on Oct 26, 09 9:23 PM
SECOND GAME THIS AFTERNOON THAT HAS PROBLEMS! CANNOT PICK UP AN OBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 GRRRRRRRRRR

rome72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rome72 on Oct 27, 09 1:42 PM
I've tried reloading the game, I've tried changing the settings on my system, and I still can't get this game to work. All I get is the opening scene with the glowing scroll but can't open it. There has to be either some incompatibility with certain systems or the game has a glitch. Can ANYONE tell me (and others it appears) what's up with this game?

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Oct 28, 09 1:37 PM
Obviously, I'm in the minority here because I actually enjoyed this game. I have become more of an adventure gamer than HOG gamer lately, so that's probably a large part of it. And I think my brain must be just as strange as the programmers for this game because I played the advanced mode and found the gameplay pretty intuitive (although I agree that the instructions to the mini-games could use a little more actual instruction).

I came here mostly to find out how long it was and am disappointed to see that poodlebear finished in just over 2 hours. So I checked the walkthrough and see that I'm 2/3 of the way through at the end of the demo without skipping any minigames (although I admit that I did have to use the hint button twice to find objects that were too dark). Normally I would not bother buying the game when I know it's that short, but I'm almost tempted to buy it anyway since I seem to be one of the few people who likes it (not the most logical reason I know, but I can be a little contrary sometimes ).

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Nov 1, 09 11:20 AM
After 30 minutes of playing th demo, I quit out of frustration. I would not recommend purchasing this game. It is confusing as to what to do and picking up objects is extremely irritating and frustrating. Sorry National Geographic! They Mystery of Cleopatra should stay a mystery in my opinion!

[Post New]by wildrwitch on Nov 3, 09 10:29 PM
I'm sorry I wasted my money on this game. Graphics were very poor, especially for the subject matter. Played the free trial and it seemed okay. Thought it would get better farther into the game but was actually worse! And it was so easy to figure out the mystery, I knew who did it way before the end, which came way way too quick. All I can say is PU.

So disappointed, even the historical information was not that good. Learned nothing new and what could have been new info for some was hardly explained at all! Very disjointed and no conclusion. Are they really thinking of continuing this thing? They shouldn't waste their time, or ours!

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Nov 10, 09 7:01 PM
The music, OMG the music..........couldn't turn it off fast enough.
Very frustrating game, for sure.....not on my shopping list.

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Feb 24, 10 10:53 AM
At first I liked this game, then it got really hard for me to find the things. So I put it on the back burner, I will try it again later. Wish me luck!!!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 10, 10 12:57 PM
wow...I was going to buy this game for 2.99 but looking at the majority of comments is making me think not....Is this game worth the three bucks???

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 10, 10 12:59 PM
I bought it - I definitely feel it's worth the DD price

It's kind of a combination of FROG and Pop-up, a bit different, which I like.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 10, 10 1:36 PM
Still on the fence. I'm a realllllllly slow player and I'm well into chapter 3 of what looks like only 6 chapters. Only skipped one mini and read all of the dialogue.
That seems way way short at my speed.

Also, not seeming like much fun. I'm desperate for a DD, but still not sure about
this one. Maybe I expect too much with a brand like Nat Geo, but this seems
disappointing. I'll think about it for a few more hours.

While thinking about it, got to Beta Test an upcoming game and that spoiled me
for Cleopatra. Think I'll pass for sure.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 4:25:40 PM PST

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Apr 10, 10 8:30 PM
azmesa340 wrote: - Found it very frustrating and no fun - too much to read - no buy for me!

I agree! There was too much reading. It reminds me of the TajMahal game. However, I am sticking with it because it will probably end quickly like the TajMahal game.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Apr 10, 10 8:34 PM
genkicoll wrote:I bought it - I definitely feel it's worth the DD price

It's kind of a combination of FROG and Pop-up, a bit different, which I like.

Yeah...For $2.99 I can feel frivolous! Especially since I didn't have a cappucino.

Druecilla
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Druecilla on Apr 11, 10 1:03 AM
There is deffinately something wrong with this game. I have reinstalled it twice. Each time I get a message saying that my Adobe Flash Player is out of date. It is not, I have the latest version. Yet, each time I reinstalled this game I got the same message.
I also can not go beyond the first Room, can not pick up the scroll.
Very frustrating
I do not reccommend this game.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Apr 16, 10 8:25 AM
Stuck on Masks, won't let me pick up 5th one.. freezing up .. was not worth the 2.99!!! Tried all the sugestions, asking for a refund this game is JUNK!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 30, 10 12:25 PM
Graphics are wonderful, Deep story. If you are into facts and history, this is your game. You learn a lot as you play. I can see where this is a mixed adventure game with hidden object. This game is a little tricky, you need to get used to playing it. I found some of the puzzles hard. but that is just me. Over all, I loved a challenge!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 3, 11 10:31 PM
This was an average game. The graphics weren't amazing, but they weren't horrible either. They were simply average. The gameplay itself wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible either. It was simply average. You get the picture. The main thing I give it kudos for being different from the standard paranormal/missing relatives content we usually see. A change of pace every now and then is nice. So was this a must-have game? Unless you're a hardcore history nut, probably not. But it was a solid average one in my opinion and worth demoing at least.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 1:16 PM
This is a nice looking game with good story, It was not boring for me and it was challenging to a point, the game have nice graphics and is actually interesting.

For some reason I enjoy this type of games once in while, I prefer more interactive adventure HOGs.

But this one is just OK when you want to brake the routine.

[Post New]by helenvanwoensel on Jan 16, 12 3:47 AM
bootsie21 wrote:Never had a problem with games here, but in this one I started palying the demo and the scroll is stuck and I can`t pick anything up?

Go to: