Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Secrets of Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jan 22, 10 5:52 AM
oh, super idea, that could well be the problem! thanks for the tip, I'll go and try it right now... where was the recipe??

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jan 22, 10 6:16 AM
the gunpowder recipe was indeed the hitch. thanks SO much for the tip! it would have been too frustrating not to finish the game. Of course, my own fault for reading too much in the walkthroughs. :-)

Can't use inventory!

[Post New]by whalesong7 on Jan 23, 10 9:00 PM
andrewatts wrote:The items in my inventory aren't available to use. I click on the item, it appears in a box in the upper left hand corner of my play screen and I can't access it with my cursor. How can I "use" it?

I am having the same problem!
I can click on items while I'm in inventory but once I go back to the game, and they show in the upper-left corner, there is no way to access them or use them.
This is the most problematic game I've ever played.

[Post New]by reinabee on Jan 26, 10 2:40 PM
I have a major problem I've been dealing with for days. I have actually put the Mona Lisa painting together completely, and correctly, myself. I have also tried the cheat listed in some walkthroughs. In both cases, I end up with a perfecetly correct, complete Mona Lisa, but THE BLACK DOTS DO NOT GO AWAY! And there is nothing in the world I can do to get the painting to fuse into one entity. I cannot apply varnish, or paint, or varnish mixed with paint—I cannot do anything to the painting. If I click on a painting tile, it rotates, as if I hadn't yet completed the composition properly. But I swear to god I have, and several times, now. I can compare mine to scree shots of others. My puzzle is completed, but it is acting as if it is not completed, and therefore I cannot continue! HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT: [URL removed by moderator]

Someone, please help me!! Thank you so much.

Edited on 01/26/2010 at 4:51:35 PM PST

Can't use inventory!

[Post New]by rjack511 on Jan 30, 10 7:59 PM
whalesong7 wrote:
andrewatts wrote:The items in my inventory aren't available to use. I click on the item, it appears in a box in the upper left hand corner of my play screen and I can't access it with my cursor. How can I "use" it?

I can click on items while I'm in inventory but once I go back to the game, and they show in the upper-left corner, there is no way to access them or use them.

I can't, or don't know how to use inventory items either.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 8, 10 4:45 AM
Once a tool or item from your inventory is in the upper corner, move your cursor over the item you want to interact with to find the gears icon, then click.

[Post New]by lolcatburglar on Feb 10, 10 6:06 PM
Titania wrote:Hi, Thanx for your reply Paintbrush66 but I have tried that the liquid is not in the flask, just in the receptacle above. - I am beginning to thing it is a glitch in the game. Oh how I wish I had saved it sooner.

It's been some months since you posted this and I hope you found the answer. I got stuck at the same point and came here looking for an assist. I didn't find it, so I put the game away overnight. I just looked at it again and it seemed so obvious. You have to close the grate on the stove! Boom, the flask fills up right away. Hope this helps someone else.

[Post New]by brunsonljs on Nov 15, 10 4:12 PM
prpldva wrote:Once a tool or item from your inventory is in the upper corner, move your cursor over the item you want to interact with to find the gears icon, then click.

I'm so glad I checked the forum here after about 20 minutes into the game. This tip on how to use my inventory items is invaluable. I had to find out for myself lots of other things by right-clicking and then clicking every option available. I'm certain I've saved myself lots of frustration by reading about the gunpowder recipe, learning to close the oven door, and so forth. Thanks, people!

LindaB

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 15, 10 4:34 PM
brunsonljs wrote:
prpldva wrote:Once a tool or item from your inventory is in the upper corner, move your cursor over the item you want to interact with to find the gears icon, then click.

I'm so glad I checked the forum here after about 20 minutes into the game. This tip on how to use my inventory items is invaluable. I had to find out for myself lots of other things by right-clicking and then clicking every option available. I'm certain I've saved myself lots of frustration by reading about the gunpowder recipe, learning to close the oven door, and so forth. Thanks, people!

LindaB
Welcome to the forums, Linda!

Glad to help! Enjoy the rest of the game!

Can't use inventory!

[Post New]by Emory_Carroll on Nov 15, 10 5:18 PM
whalesong7 wrote:

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Can't use inventory!

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 15, 10 6:27 PM
Hi Emory_Carroll- Welcome to the forums!

Once a tool or item from your inventory is in the upper corner, move your cursor over the item you want to interact with to find the gears icon, then click.

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by franny303 on Nov 16, 10 1:27 PM
This is the most frustrating game ever. Just started and stuck at the clock already
were is the help button???
Please anybody...

[Post New]by macgos on Dec 2, 10 12:33 AM
Just purchased this game for my daughter - she has just been playing for an hour - but we cannot figure out how to save the game. We go to the 'save game' in the menu, select 'save game' then click YES, then it goes back to the menu - there is no game actually saved against her saturn icon. I presume I should look for a time stamp etc...

We log out, then start game again - there is NO saved game under her (or any other icon).

Seems the save feature isn't working...??

She just got into the study using the ladder....

Please help as this is quite frustrating.

Thanks

flour on the tablet in the cellar????

[Post New]by angelina946 on Dec 20, 10 4:07 PM
I can not get the flour onto the tablet in the cellar. I select the flour and click on the tablet leaning agains the table just like every other action I've taken in the game. I have 2 sheets of paper I made from the printing press and I've clicked until i'm blistered. not a darn thing happens. I have restarted and gone thru the walk thru step by step and can't do it in either of my game profiles. Help!

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 4:09:41 PM PST

[Post New]by Lovelylindaf on Sep 22, 11 5:12 PM
I am stuck! I got as far as getting the gears in the jack and cranking the jack to straightening the door. Then I took back the jack and crank. the next step was to exit and go to the bridge, which I did. this is where I get stuck. The walkthru says to place the large gear in the right turnstile. Well the large gear is still in the jack and I don't know how to remove it from the jack. PLEASE HELP!

Lovelylindaf

[Post New]by auguria on Oct 19, 11 1:12 PM
I have a big problem. I've poured by mistake some water into the still and now I have to make brandy for Saturnin, which means that I have to get rid of the water and pour the wine instead. I didn't save at all because I usually finish this kind of games kinda fast. So... what do I do now? (

Judi_chan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Judi_chan on Feb 18, 12 10:11 PM
Lovelylindaf wrote:I am stuck! I got as far as getting the gears in the jack and cranking the jack to straightening the door. Then I took back the jack and crank. the next step was to exit and go to the bridge, which I did. this is where I get stuck. The walkthru says to place the large gear in the right turnstile. Well the large gear is still in the jack and I don't know how to remove it from the jack. PLEASE HELP!

Lovelylindaf

There are really 3 gears...2 in the jack and something that looks more like a turnstile--to see what it looks like, look at the other turnstile. I believe it's the one you pick up in front of the printing press--right click and check all the pages in your inventory to see if you've already picked it up. If you try to use it without using the drill on it, Valdo will say something like, "it needs to be pierced first." It's easiest to get both the gear for the jack & the one for the bridge and put the holes in both; but you can do it when you need to by going back to the manor. I think the walk thru calls too many things 'gears' 'cause I had the same problem until I looked at the bridge...Hope this helps... ^_^

Judi_chan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Judi_chan on Feb 18, 12 10:15 PM
auguria wrote:I have a big problem. I've poured by mistake some water into the still and now I have to make brandy for Saturnin, which means that I have to get rid of the water and pour the wine instead. I didn't save at all because I usually finish this kind of games kinda fast. So... what do I do now? (

um, this is why you always save often...then you only have to repeat the last ten or fifteen minutes (or 5, if you're slow like me...) to get back to that point...I was unable to get by the honey syrup because I was trying to take it out of the same place as the rose perfume came out...but you have to take it out of the kettle by removing the gooseneck and using the bowl on it (kettle). I would try taking off the gooseneck and after clicking on the water bottle in inventory, click on the kettle--it might let you take it out that way then you can continue. If that doesn't work, you'll have to go back to your last save--or the beginning in your case...Hope this helps... ^_^

da vinci's self-portrait and the clock puzzle

[Post New]by Nzssb111 on Feb 25, 12 9:35 AM
Hi,

I've just started this game and have reached the study on the first day. I think I'm supposed to click on da vinci's self-portrait to complete the clock puzzle, but nothing happens, no gears appear, no paper, nothing!! I've checked the walkthrough and I don't think I've missed any steps out. Any help would be appreciated. (Yes, I know it's going to be something really obvious that I've missed!)

Thanks,

Nzssb111

Megamundo28
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Megamundo28 on May 6, 12 11:32 PM
I purchased this game some time ago but never actually got round to playing it until now.

I have several problems.

Sound, music tends to drown out the voices - have tried adjusting volume but did not help. Have updated drivers on my PC not improved anything.

Lost the ability to use right click during game just after fixing fountain and talking to the lady. So no inventory, not able to save, can just move around the screens but cannot now interact with anything. As the music drowned out the voices and the screen froze so subtitles did not move on I need to know what to do next but since no right click this is not possible.

Saving. When I select to save again I get a blank page and game is not saved.

Have searched for a patch but there does not appear to be one. Reading this forum others have had problems too so the game must be faulty.

Go to: