Bomie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews The Secrets of Da Vinci

[Post New]by Bomie on Nov 7, 09 7:04 PM
I love bigfishgames but I hate this game and am abandoning it. The 360 is absolutely nauseating and I have never spent so much time on a walkthrough as I have with this game. I do not find this game as challenging as I find it absolutely frustrating with a desire to throw my laptop against the wall. That's not fun. I've been on a hunt for a game as fun and rewarding as Return Ravenhearst and this is definitely not it. Just my two cents.

Edited on 11/07/2009 at 7:05:27 PM PST

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Nov 8, 09 7:18 AM
I really liked this game except for the ending.I didn't finish it because the elevator puzzle was too difficult and I couldn't do it!! booooooo

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Nov 8, 09 2:36 PM
Hi momma0_7,
Did you get it figured out? I tried to pm you, and discovered that when emptying my trash earlier I accidentally blocked everyone from pm'ing me

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 10, 09 5:47 AM
This game is very hard to play. You can't do it without constantly going to the walkthru. Also had to reinstall it due to save problems and there are problems with the screens. Many screens show squares and you can't see the items, you have to move your cursor around blindly looking for the item. Also, you better save evertime you try something, because if you make a mistake, like I did by putting the wrong ingrediant in the pot on the stove, you can't undo it and have to reload and start again. Plus you have to constantly go from room to room to find new items. In some cases, like trying to cut wood on saw, it just won't work for first few tries. I am so frustrated, I may just give up trying to play it. It isn't fun, just hard work!

[Post New]by 1010jello on Nov 12, 09 1:50 AM
I am infuriated with this game!! After hours to get the partially painted Mona Lisa in correct position, it won't let me add the remaining paint from the bottles, with or without using the varnish first. I know I have the half-painted Mona in correct order as the charcoal drawing underneath verified it. If I try to leave the scene, I come back to the charcoal drawing and have to do it all again. Great, just great. Now I don't feel like finishing the game after working on it endless hours.

josumo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by josumo on Nov 12, 09 10:55 AM
Bought it and downloaded it, even in 'slow" still found it nauseating? I just cant get used to the 360 angle and i really like adventure and the large file had me excited. Graphics are nice, but just cant get past the 360. And just could not figure out the basics of how to use objects in my possesion.

altomedea
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by altomedea on Nov 13, 09 5:03 AM
I've only just started playing this game and from what I've seen so far I like it! Typical adventure game with lots to do. Lots of puzzles and the graphics are so good it doesn't seem tedious popping back to places for items that you have seen and need to solve the puzzles either. Excellent so far!

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Nov 14, 09 9:20 AM
This is a really fun adventure game. I'm near the end and I'm nervous. My "devil meter" in the game is pretty high, tho. As a woman playing a man in the game, I must say that I've been pretty good at wooing Babou..LOL.

[Post New]by Calicouchima1 on Nov 17, 09 3:25 AM
I just finished game and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this game! The graphics are amazing, storyline captivating and the flow is excellent. I would hightly recommend this game to people that like logical puzzles. Only used walkthrough once.

[Post New]by SomeCanadian on Nov 17, 09 6:39 PM
Well i've spent the last little while playing this game and it was very good! excpet one thing, i'm having trouble with.
I'm very close to the end of the game, and all throughout the game, i could not get the cannon to fire (because i could never figure out how to make the gun-powder).
I've checked numerous cheats on the internet and it say'd to make charcoal podwer, then mix the phial sulfer and the saltpetre into the gold dish with the charcoal....
It then says "why would i want to do that?" Then, i cannot make it...
Am i just dumb, or do you think it's a glitch?
Someone help me, I'M GOING CRAZY cause i can't finish it!!

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Nov 20, 09 4:17 PM
I bought this game and it was great I have played it twice already with different endings . I liked the storyline, and graphics. I found it very interesting to play . It was a little dizzing at first but when I changed the camera to slow and it was much better and easier to play. It's really worth playing especially if you use the walkthrough provided by BF . I wonder if there will be a sequel Hmmmm.

zoey13
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zoey13 on Nov 22, 09 5:45 PM
Loved this game. I played in one whole day. Suggestion don't try to do puzzles when you are tired. Don't get results. I really hated the painting puzzles.

Will play again.

360 can be turned down to even not notice you are moving side to side. It may take longer to move.

[Post New]by beccasmummy on Nov 30, 09 9:42 AM
My god....this takes foreeeeeeeeeeever to download

4 and 1/2 hrs so far and only at 35%..

Hope its worth it

rs63
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rs63 on Dec 3, 09 1:33 PM
I had some difficulties during the game as far as advancement was concerned..I finally finished the game due to some help in the forum..good story line and just a fun game to experience.

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Dec 6, 09 5:22 PM
I love the graphics and premise of this game, but I'm another who's totally nauseated by the 360, even with the camera on slow. I just can't play it anymore, which is a shame

altomedea
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by altomedea on Dec 8, 09 5:08 PM
FINISHED! May have come across a glitch in that once I had the Mona Lisa in charcoal it immediately became the blurry image in colour without having to rearrange the squares....bonus! lol Excellent to the end... and it was worth playing from the start with another sign as the second time around I got EXTREMELY friendly with Babou!

[Post New]by Pointclick on Dec 10, 09 7:40 AM
SomeCanadian wrote:Well i've spent the last little while playing this game and it was very good! excpet one thing, i'm having trouble with.
I'm very close to the end of the game, and all throughout the game, i could not get the cannon to fire (because i could never figure out how to make the gun-powder).
I've checked numerous cheats on the internet and it say'd to make charcoal podwer, then mix the phial sulfer and the saltpetre into the gold dish with the charcoal....

[Post New]by Pointclick on Dec 10, 09 7:44 AM
SomeCanadian wrote:Well i've spent the last little while playing this game and it was very good! excpet one thing, i'm having trouble with.

quillfred
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by quillfred on Dec 11, 09 8:37 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. It is refreshing to have a game with historical and cultural references. Also very nice details and very little darkness and violence!!! I did need to follow the directions fairly carefully after awhile as I got stuck and had to back up the game but no big deal. Although I have faithfully played the majority of Nancy Drew games, I find that the ending gets too tedius and I usually don't bother to finish. This game, on the other hand, had a marvelous ending. More please.

Highly recommended!

JOHU
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by JOHU on Dec 18, 09 10:40 AM
The game started giving trouble before it even got started. Words and symbols were jumping all over the place. Pasts of words were misplaced. I trashed the game, but would like to have an intact version. I will try a re-installation before asking for a replacement game credit.
I was looking forward to playing this game!

Go to: