Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by maivie on Nov 25, 15 11:14 AM
jonbug96 wrote:When trying to launch Ravenhearst Unlocked, my security software pops up a virus alert warning me that the launcher contains SONAR.Heuristic.132 and recommends uninstalling the potentially damaging program. I allowed the security software to uninstall the game twice and when I got the same result each time, I decided not to download and install the game until Big Fish fixed the code or whatever is causing the virus. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm having the same issue and have not seen anyone post a solution or even a response to this. What is the deal with this?

I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly new PC

Edited on 11/25/2015 at 7:09:14 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by JJ2day1988 on Nov 25, 15 12:20 PM
The problem with the cursor has been happening with me.

This is really frustrating!!!

[Post New]by nancysteven111 on Nov 25, 15 12:28 PM
having same issue with no cursor in bailiffs office

[Post New]by PatMcG on Nov 25, 15 12:33 PM
The sample game (1 hour free play version) won't install on Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition running on a Dell Inspiron 660 with i5 processor. Would love to try it but install just hung, even after a delete and retry with same results. The only message after seeing 'installing ...0%' for about 5 minutes was 'the serviced did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.'

Further info: I saw the question mark next to the game in the Queue. It says it was waiting for authorization to proceed. I have seen that on all other games from BFG and should have noticed that it was not appearing. I looked for all 'invisible' windows during the install wait time but could find any. seems to have been suppressed...

Edited on 11/25/2015 at 7:58:59 PM PST

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked here

[Post New]by Tish516 on Nov 25, 15 1:28 PM
Daxadillion wrote: A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

[Post New]by DarkMoonFire on Nov 25, 15 2:04 PM
Also having the issue with missing cursor in the Bailiffs Office... happened right after I got the copper engraving.

Using Windows 8.1 on PC.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Nov 25, 15 2:11 PM
I've had the 'disappearing cursor' in the Bailiff's office as well, I tried using guesswork and did okay for a bit, but will try others' suggestions. Just wanted to let others know that they're not alone. Windows 8.1

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Nov 25, 15 3:17 PM
I have the same problem in the Bailiff's office and I switched to the regular cursor but it will not allow me to place the scales in the niche and move the sword heads. Very tired of these games having glitches.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Nov 25, 15 3:22 PM
In the bailiff's office the game froze my computer, had to unplug it, wouldn't force quite. Using Mac desktop, OS X El Capitan. When I logged back in, even though I have purchased the game, it does not show up in my Game Manager under games most recently played. I have to open it through my Apps application. There are definitely technical programming flaws not computer issue flaws - yet again. Getting a little tiresome!

[Post New]by Sassy28 on Nov 25, 15 3:46 PM
wakened wrote:There's a glitch with the cursor missing completely in the Bailiff's Office. Anyone else experienced that or is it just me?

Same problem here. I've tried closing game and reopening. Still no cursor.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Missing cursor in bailiffs office

[Post New]by eedebeep on Nov 25, 15 4:07 PM
wakened wrote:There's a glitch with the cursor missing completely in the Bailiff's Office. Anyone else experienced that or is it just me?

I have the same problem, as do many others. This should have been fixed before release.

[Post New]by rdefassi on Nov 25, 15 4:43 PM
I too have that magical cursor problem in the bailiff office- I followed others' suggestions of changing the cursor and I got through the room- but would love a fix, since I play these games more than once!

I am on a MAC running OS X- 10.6.8

Islaug
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Islaug on Nov 25, 15 4:56 PM
Quailridge wrote:I have the same problem in the Bailiff's office and I switched to the regular cursor but it will not allow me to place the scales in the niche and move the sword heads. Very tired of these games having glitches.
all the same here. Using PC/Windows 7. Cannot get any further atm

There have been an update -and it helped the problem with the cursor. The swords can still be a bit tricky -you must totally slide them outside the pictureframe to make it work.

Edited on 11/26/2015 at 3:48:39 PM PST

[Post New]by EAPoeFan on Nov 25, 15 5:27 PM
Please help: I am having the EXACT same problem with making the key. I am going by the photo in the guide. The key parts are in the identical order as the guide, but they key won't become made. I am stuck. Thanks so much in advance for the help you can give.

[Post New]by MCFreak1025 on Nov 25, 15 6:17 PM
Quailridge wrote:I have the same problem in the Bailiff's office and I switched to the regular cursor but it will not allow me to place the scales in the niche and move the sword heads. Very tired of these games having glitches.

SAME HERE! Except I can change to a custom cursor and see the cursor on the sword heads. I can even HEAR them move when I click them. They just don't go anywhere and now I can't finish playing the game because I can't get to what's behind them. I'm trying to have patience because MCF games are usually pretty well made and fun, but I just paid for a game that I can't even finish! Grrr.......

[Post New]by act6vd on Nov 25, 15 7:22 PM
So far I have had two major issues, both of which have been mentioned here and no solutions have yet to be offered.

1. I have had the same curser issue, and I had the custom curser on the whole time.

2. The Key in the locksmith's shop. I had to use several hints to rearrange the components to something completely different from what the picture showed and then when the lever became available it made, not the key the hints said it should make, but the key in the provided picture. This is an obvious glitch in the game that needs to be fixed on your end.

jellyann
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jellyann on Nov 25, 15 8:23 PM

jellyann
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jellyann on Nov 25, 15 8:25 PM
I am also having this issue. In the Bailiff's Office and also where the rocks are blocking the Street fair. Please fix this!! I cannot go any further in the game until you do so. Please someone answer!!!

Windows O/S 10

Also - how did you all change the cursor? Where in the game can you do that?

Edited on 11/25/2015 at 8:34:16 PM PST

[Post New]by tsksl05 on Nov 25, 15 8:35 PM
i'm in the locksmith shop and the puzzle on the wall I am missing a piece. is any one else having this trouble? I'm on windows 10

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Nov 25, 15 8:45 PM
I posted earlier with cursor disappearances and trying to make the key. When trying to make the key - all the pieces were in the right places, but still didn't work. So, I just uninstalled and re-installed, deleted the profile and started again. I played through the entire game and bonus game without any problems.

I'm using Windows 7. Maybe that will be a solution for others too.

Go to: