michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Trapped: The Abduction comments and reviews

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Oct 27, 09 11:00 AM
sunnny wrote:
tinor wrote:THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE, OFFENSIVE AND DISGUSTING!

It should be removed from this site!

I can't believe people like the premise. There are so many similar games that make this one unneccessary and upsetting.

If you dont like it, dont play it.
As far as removing the game, maybe you should apply to BFG *censorship board* for a job.

Live and let live!!

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Oct 27, 09 11:02 AM
That is why there is such a variety of diffrent games. I love a dark spooky mystery with the music and sound effects that go with it. I just DL the game and hope it scares the heck out of me

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Oct 27, 09 11:06 AM
after you demo the game at , if you go to GF ( the site with the jester hat ) and download again, you can get another free hour and take up where the BFG demo left off, as long as you employed a player name at the first demo.
the same site has another demo ( The Tudors ) that looks good. It's a bit chatty and I only did about 15 minutes but I think it has promise,.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 27, 09 11:15 AM
Poppa47 wrote:after you demo the game at , if you go to GF ( the site with the jester hat ) and download again, you can get another free hour and take up where the BFG demo left off, as long as you employed a player name at the first demo.
the same site has another demo ( The Tudors ) that looks good. It's a bit chatty and I only did about 15 minutes but I think it has promise,.

I got more than I bargained for from that site about a year ago. A nasty "banker" virus that was murder to get rid of. I contacted them to let them know and they never responded. Their customer service is literally non-existent.

I already had to re-install windows after "youlose" hit me with a gnarly virus that shut down my entire system. So my anti-virus protections are up-to-date and very strong. But that doesn't help if you're the one downloading stuff and installing it.

Be careful out there fishies. Not every site looks out for its players. If you noticed that your computer is slower than usual, you might want to run a few scans.

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 11:16:30 AM PST

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Oct 27, 09 12:11 PM
There is too much useless talk that you can't skip. I don't know why game developers insist on a long, drawn out dialogue when some people just want to play the game.

Also, the abductor's comments are most annoying.

Not sure if I'll buy - I played this game for about 10 minutes, 4 of which must have been spent listening to idol game chit-chat.

Edited on 10/27/2009 at 12:15:57 PM PST

moyung
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moyung on Oct 27, 09 1:43 PM
Hi, I don't often contribute to the forums although I do read them every day when the new game is launched and I really appreciate everyones input in helping me decide wether or not to purchase. I really enjoyed playing this game but when i looked at the walkthrough to check how far I had got in the 60mins I was shocked to see, without using any hints etc, I was more than half way through. I really don't think it's worth my using a credit just to finish this game, as fun as it was to play.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Oct 27, 09 2:12 PM
This a poorly chosen theme for a game in my opinion (we don't need more games that in some way glorify violence or treat something as horrific as an abduction as a "game") but I do agree that it is up to each individual to decide whether or not to be exposed to it. I don't chose to be exposed further, but I also found this game to be poorly done graphically, too simple when a problem needed a fix, too dark and dreary when a hidden object had to be found, too boring when I had to click on the "?" each time to be able to pick up and use a needed tool, and too just plain stupid when the protagonist had to do things like dress the mannequin or pick up pieces of broken glass. Also the mistakes in grammar were laughable including "forget you're name" or having her pronounce her name Helen when it is clearly spelled "Helene," which is pronounced Heleen. How anyone can enjoy this game is beyond me, but we are all individuals and some folks apparently do like it!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 27, 09 3:10 PM
forensicMD wrote:This a poorly chosen theme for a game in my opinion (we don't need more games that in some way glorify violence or treat something as horrific as an abduction as a "game") but I do agree that it is up to each individual to decide whether or not to be exposed to it. I don't chose to be exposed further, but I also found this game to be poorly done graphically, too simple when a problem needed a fix, too dark and dreary when a hidden object had to be found, too boring when I had to click on the "?" each time to be able to pick up and use a needed tool, and too just plain stupid when the protagonist had to do things like dress the mannequin or pick up pieces of broken glass. Also the mistakes in grammar were laughable including "forget you're name" or having her pronounce her name Helen when it is clearly spelled "Helene," which is pronounced Heleen. How anyone can enjoy this game is beyond me, but we are all individuals and some folks apparently do like it!

I agree with this perspective.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 27, 09 3:12 PM
CiCiRR wrote:There is too much useless talk that you can't skip. I don't know why game developers insist on a long, drawn out dialogue when some people just want to play the game.

Also, the abductor's comments are most annoying.

Not sure if I'll buy - I played this game for about 10 minutes, 4 of which must have been spent listening to idol game chit-chat.

I found them absurd and annoying as well - it would have added to the mystery if he kept his mouth shut. The abductor's voice was also grating and sounded over-sythesized.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 27, 09 3:46 PM
Great game, was about halfway through when I had to stop this morning and go to bed. I'm looking forward to finishing it up tonight... when it's late... and dark... and I'm all alooooone...

The graphics, while dark, do not fall prey to muddiness or blurriness and so objects are surprisingly easy to find. I have used a hint once on many scenes, but that's more due to my own impatience than need. Sound and voice acting is excellent. One can't help but be reminded of the Saw series of movies and I'm sure the developers would not be surprised to hear that.

The game structure, while repetitive, a Hidden Object Scene followed by an Inventory Puzzle scene for each room, surprisingly does not become tedious. I think this is due in part to the extremely compelling storyline that makes you want to find out what's next. Also scenes (at least so far) are not repeated. You are moving thru a building in a very natural way unlike so many HOGs where you inexplicably return time and again to already searched rooms. That adds to the immersion in the the story and your feeling like you are with out heroine as she tries to find her way out. I know her eventual goal is to find all the car parts and get out, so possibly rooms will repeat, but at abt 2/3 thru they have not.

Not for the easily disturbed since it deals with a kidnapped young woman in apparent peril but that should be clear from the title. Don't like that sort of thing don't play it.

I was somewhat reluctant to buy as I suspect this will be a short one (according to walk-thru I was half-way when demo ended) but the demo hour passed quickly and I really didn't want to stop playing, so buy it I did. Poodlebear Approved! and just right for Halloween.

[Post New]by myst_read on Oct 27, 09 4:02 PM
thanks to all who commented before 10:00 am, I am legally blind-I purchased Trapped and had a real ball.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Oct 27, 09 4:09 PM
sounds pretty good.will try it after I finish devils triangle

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Oct 27, 09 4:11 PM

I can't believe people like the premise. There are so many similar games that make this one unneccessary and upsetting.

Tinor, I had the same reaction as you do. I stopped playing the game about 10 minutes into it. However, I don't think it should be removed from the site. I guess it's like the Friday, the 13th movies - some people love them and others hate them. I would be in the latter group.
I am, however, surprised at how many people like the game.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Oct 27, 09 4:14 PM
michelle_hdpc wrote:
sunnny wrote:

If you dont like it, dont play it.
As far as removing the game, maybe you should apply to BFG *censorship board* for a job.

Live and let live!!

No need to get snarky!!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Oct 27, 09 4:17 PM
Someone calling for a game to be pulled is a call for censorship and EVERY reason to get snarky!

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 27, 09 4:24 PM
kudos Kishimojun!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Oct 27, 09 5:12 PM
After reading the reviews I had high hopes but I have to say i did not like this game.

I have NO problem with the theme, characters or content but I found it very dark and rather boring.

I would have like it much better if we had to figure out the puzzle at the end of each scene ourselves. I was just following instructions and not having to think at all. I found it very frustrating.

But I'm happy that so many fish are enjoying it. I still have 1 more game to get this month to get my freebie - I did so hope it would be this one. Oh well.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 27, 09 5:18 PM
I just played the demo and enjoyed it. It is not a difficult game but perfect for Halloween. Oops there goes another credit!

Happy Halloween!

Miss Clairol

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Oct 27, 09 5:39 PM
sunnys answer to tinor...Heres my two cents....Sunny....right on ..you go girl.. Im not finished playing this game yet...but I think its a great game . glad i bought it..Keep them coming Big Fish

[Post New]by Dragonflys on Oct 27, 09 5:45 PM
Loved the game, glad i spent the money. more bf more

Go to: