Shanghai - Level Help

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 14, 16 5:46 AM
fishfinder246 wrote:Update, local at lev 13 in New Orleans pays 40 green gems if u haven't used it.
I still needed to complete 7 levels to get it, so opted to go with 112 instead.

Hope this is useful, May be moot if you're zooming past me.

Fish

Zooming? I'm still in the early nineties, which means that I only recently had to pay 700 for the 50 gems in the eighties. Thanks for the heads up, I know I have used the New Orleans cards but will look in other cities- maybe I'll find something there. Drilling for 50 gems is a drag...lots and lots of Rome 87s!

Edited on 01/14/2016 at 5:46:30 AM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 114-3

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 15, 16 7:37 AM
Cjtplummer

One other suggestion for 114-3 Shanghai is to use a swap boost, IF you have a lightening bolt that is only 1 spot away from the paper.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 19, 16 3:45 PM
I'm really sick of Shanghai, where many levels are annoyingly sadistic and I had to use tons of extra moves and shovels, particularly in the last 20 levels. All items in the 10-item missions are in the Master tier, and despite playing most of them, all that I earned has been spent on extras. After ranting for some time about the PC version being ridiculously behind, I am now glad there is no new content after Shanghai. I'll be able to take a break and only play the Daily Events and hopefully stock up resources for the next cities, if and when they are added.

LEVELS 115 MASTER AND 117 MASTER NEED REVISING

I have two levels yet to finish, 115 Master and 117 Master. I have tried at least 10 times but I can't pass them- they seem hopeless to me and yet there is nothing in the forum on either of them.
Level 115 Master has numerous souvenirs on ledges, which are very difficult to move within the available number of moves. But most importantly, it has a chained souvenir at the top of the middle column which is walled except for the last row. It is very difficult to create a line boost at the bottom of this column- you have to select a board that will allow one right next to it on the first move, hoping that it will not be automatically triggered and that you will be able to move it to the center. That's a big feat. But although I did it twice and got rid of the chained souvenir, I still couldn't drop all of the remaining ones.
Level 117 Master seems easier but has two bombs amidst multi layered litter, which makes it very difficult to destroy the bombs. I even used shovels on them several times but in all cases I was unable to reach even half the required score. ETA: I've been trying and trying but even in the best case scenario (got rid of bombs early, got bolt to clear litter etc) I can't even make 100k vs the required 135. And there's no cascading so I would need waaaay too many extra moves to cover the distance. Seems like a dead end to me now.

ETA: I finally managed both after countless attempts: they are among the worst levels I have seen and should be revised!

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 3:42:48 PM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 21, 16 3:21 AM
Hey Eli,

I'm still working on these terrible levels, still need to complete 6 to get the pinks to move on.

Question, what is behind the "?" on the side path at 118? If it's not something I have to have to move on, I'm not going to bother.

Thanks
Fish

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 21, 16 6:05 AM
fishfinder246 wrote:Hey Eli,

I'm still working on these terrible levels, still need to complete 6 to get the pinks to move on.

Question, what is behind the "?" on the side path at 118? If it's not something I have to have to move on, I'm not going to bother.

Thanks
Fish

Hey Fish,

The HH card off level 118 is similar to the one off 114: For 200 coins, you get 2 million bricks and 10 green gems. The 3 levels were nasty, but not as much as those on the main street. I had to use 1 shovel on 18.1 and 18.2. 18.3 is "monumental" but I got away without boosts. The HH is quite bad- required several tries, and I have noted that it needs a combination of either a bolt and a line boost or two line boosts. Good luck!

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Level 76

[Post New]by Frans58 on Jan 21, 16 6:50 AM
Hi,

Anyone a suggestion on how to tackle Shanghai level 76?
I can trigger the existing line boldts but that only turns the dark gray into light gray.
Need to get rid of those too.

I could get a lightning bolt but did not manage to create a bomb or line boosts adjacent to them and there are quite a lot of cells to be cleared and limited ways to combine items.

A hint on how to do so is appreciated!
Frans

[Post New]by MarktheShark69 on Jan 21, 16 7:21 PM
So, only Shanghai 29, you have to either be lucky enough to get a lightening, or burn a lightening boost. Pretty lame level....

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 22, 16 3:52 AM
Thanks Eli, I probably won't bother with the side path as I don't need bricks. Still trying to get 112 master level. Not enough whites to set off blockers. Do you remember what boosts you used here? Thanx

Fish

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 22, 16 4:12 AM
fishfinder246 wrote:Thanks Eli, I probably won't bother with the side path as I don't need bricks. Still trying to get 112 master level. Not enough whites to set off blockers. Do you remember what boosts you used here? Thanx

Fish

For 112 Master I used 3 shovels!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 22, 16 6:10 AM
Thanx.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 22, 16 7:02 AM
Just went ahead and spent some $ to get done!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 22, 16 7:18 AM
On to LA.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by cind310 on Jan 25, 16 8:11 AM
I have almost quit a number of times but persevered and reached Shanghai. I got to level 27 and looked to the forum for help. I have had trouble completing the intern levels between 21 and 26 and doubt I will be able to get the 1,000,0000 pinks. After reading the forum notes for 27 and some of the others, I am throwing in the towel. This has done from great fun and challenge to total frustration. Good luck to the rest of you.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 44

[Post New]by cind310 on Feb 7, 16 8:14 PM
I don't see any notes on this but I have been stuck forever. What am I missing? I can't get enough yellows. And than I can't break through the bottom rows to get the other objects to drop.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Shanghai 114-3

[Post New]by cind310 on Mar 2, 16 12:05 PM
I looked up this level and found two comments but I don't know how to respond directly, even though there is supposed to be buttons or something. If you are lucky or can manage to get a lightening bolt next to the paper on the bottom lin, use the bolt on the paper - the rest is. It took what felt like a zillion tries to do this.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 2, 16 4:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

For level 114-3, the strategy would be to create a Lightning Blast boost and get it to the bottom row - either on the far left or the far right of middle section of the board. Once it's at the bottom, you'll see that it should be adjacent to one of the pieces of paper. If you combing a Lightning Blast boost with a piece of paper, it will clear all papers from the board. From there, it should be much easier to complete the level.

For level 42 - Architect, the easiest way for me to clear this level was to concentrate on freeing the chained gummies at the bottom of the board. At the same time, I tried to create Lightning Blast boosts and to combine them with both horizontal and vertical Line boosts. This seemed to be the most effective way of moving all the souvenirs to the bottom of the board in as few steps possible.

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 106-1

[Post New]by Petitoune on Mar 5, 16 11:59 AM
Hi, I need your help for this level. I do not get enough green drops. Thks

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by cind310 on Mar 7, 16 4:30 AM
Thoughts . before you start: I have almost quit this game multiple times - this city is insane. It took weeks to get to 101. I have found no way to complete all ithree levels 111-120. Instead, I have bee gathering the necessary requirements from other cities and playing the daily games. This is especially true of the pinks. I would suggest starting to ship pinks from all cities as soon as you start. And play Rome 87 repeatetedly- you can get hundreds of thousand... you'll need 2,200,00 to complete last building alone. My advice would be to do this sooer rather than later and start shipping them.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 6:34:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 8, 16 12:48 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

Petitoune, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Shanghai, Level 106-1. I played this level and was unable to recreate the green gummy issue you are encountering. What I found helped was to focus on making matches towards the sides and the bottom part of the board. By doing this I was able to get the tiles in these areas and more gummies would appear on the board. For the most part it ended up being green gummies to use to fill the chained color blockers. If you are able to make a horizontal line crush go off on the very bottom row or a vertical line crush on the side rows, that is even better. Once I filled the green chained color blockers, I then focused on getting the rest of the tiles and the score level requirement.

If you are still having issues with not enough green gummies appearing, feel free to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. They can definitely further assist. Just in case, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

cind310, thank you providing the hint to ship resources to this city. If you find that you are having trouble with a certain level, feel free to post in this thread so that other players may be able to offer their hints and suggestions.

Good luck everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level 28-1

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Mar 21, 16 7:40 AM
I somehow can't beat this level, lost many lives... I was able to get rid of the timed bombs only once before running out of time, but even then I wasn't able to clear all the tiles in the amount of moves given. What am I missing, any advice?

Go to: