Los Angeles - Level Help

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help: 84-3

[Post New]by Frans58 on Mar 24, 16 12:44 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with certain levels. It also looks like there are questions regarding an update to the PC platform.

Level 84-3, what I found helped was to be persistent in filling up at least one of the chained color blockers. Once a color blocker went off, it freed two Lightning Bolt Boosts. By swapping a set of Lightning Bolt Boosts, this was able to clear out the gummies on the board as well as one layer of the stickers. If the other color blocker doesn't go off at this point, go ahead and make more matches for it to go off and free the other set of Lightning Bolt Boosts. If players swap them one more time, the next layer of stickers will be gone and you can focus on the score level requirement.

With this advice I found it still not doable to clear 84-3 as there was not enough green and red bricks to explode a blocker even though I focused on filling one of them.

Fortunately I came up with a different strategy: try to create a line boost and a blast boost (if that is the right name) and make sure these are at the left side
If you then combine these (put the right boost on the left one) it will also clear a vertical line of stickers. After that there are way more options to combine things and gain points. Still took me a lucky spin of the wheel to give me 5 additional moves to complete this.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Los Ang42-2

[Post New]by cind310 on Mar 29, 16 3:27 PM
How do you break the chains to release the whatchamacallit?????

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help

[Post New]by Cmcccc on Apr 3, 16 7:07 PM
84-3 helping hand doesn't give you hardly any green or red how are you supposed to blow them up

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 6, 16 1:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the posts here. Thank you to everyone who's posted their strategies and tips here for progressing through the levels. There are definitely some great options for getting through the levels that come up in the game.

SueG1157, it sounds like you're seeing a message that Los Angeles will be coming to the game soon. It sounds like you may have reached the end of the current content for the PC version of the game. At this time, Los Angeles isn't available for players on PC, however the developer and our teams are working hard on the next update for the PC game. While the Moderators don't receive advanced information on updates or changes, we'll absolutely post in the forums when any details are made available.

cind310, I understand you have a question about breaking the chains on the souvenirs in Level 42-2. I can definitely understand having trouble getting those souvenirs to the bottom, as the barriers prevent the boosts from the top from going through to release the souvenirs. What I found worked best was to concentrate on creating Lightning Bolt Boosts and bomb boosts to match together. This would turn each gummy of that color into a bomb boost, and then any bomb boosts that were created under the souvenirs could be used to break the chains so that the souvenirs would fall. Since this level is timed, but doesn't have a finite number of moves, I'd also recommend using the More Time gummies to give yourself extra seconds so that the level doesn't time out before you finish.

Cmcccc, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been seeing many red or green gummies in the Helping Hand Level by Level 84-3. I took a look, and it doesn't look like there are any color-block gummies in that level. However, it sounds like you may be playing Level 84-3, and it looks like bfgBellerophon has provided some great hints in one of their posts in the thread. As they mentioned, a good way to approach this level is to work on filling one of the color blockers in chains. Once that's been filled it will free Lightning Bolt Boosts, which can then be used to clear the gummies on the board and some of the stickers. This is a good way to get rid of the stickers in order to work on reaching that score requirement.

Edited on 04/06/2016 at 1:26:40 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 6, 16 1:26 PM
If anyone continues to have trouble with these levels, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team with the email address linked to your game. Our Reps are always happy to help as best they can.

Additionally, I wanted to make a quick comment about duplicate posts. If the page is refreshing strangely while posting, or the Post Reply button is pressed too many times, it's possible that replies may be posted more than once. If you notice that a reply has been posted multiple times in a thread, we encourage deleting or editing the post to something different. This helps to keep the threads easy to navigate and use.

I hope this helped. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 04/08/2016 at 9:16:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Kathycarris on Apr 11, 16 7:21 PM
I need help with level 33-2. I have gotten everything more than 3 dozen times but I can never get enough green to pass even the intern level! Why is this SO hard? Please someone help me pass this level!

[Post New]by bkhaight on Apr 12, 16 7:29 AM
Kathycarris wrote:I need help with level 33-2. I have gotten everything more than 3 dozen times but I can never get enough green to pass even the intern level! Why is this SO hard? Please someone help me pass this level!

I am having the same problem. I can't get enough greens to finish. I have decided to go back and work on the 500 coins so I have some coins to spend. Let me know if you have any luck finishing.

[Post New]by Cmcccc on Apr 12, 16 8:01 PM
Can someone tell me how to beat level 91 second and third time, there are not enough white gems to blow up timers

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Apr 18, 16 12:00 AM
bkhaight wrote:
Kathycarris wrote:I need help with level 33-2. I have gotten everything more than 3 dozen times but I can never get enough green to pass even the intern level! Why is this SO hard? Please someone help me pass this level!

I am having the same problem. I can't get enough greens to finish. I have decided to go back and work on the 500 coins so I have some coins to spend. Let me know if you have any luck finishing.

I too am having a lot of trouble with this level. Even after purchasing a couple of the extra icy bonuses and using them all there is still not enough green gems. I have gone close many times. Can anyone that has conquered the intern level help with any tips? It would be much appreciated.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help-96-2

[Post New]by TillyQ on Apr 19, 16 7:16 PM
Any suggestions for 96-2? I can't get enough whites to fill the star & break the chain. I don't know how to get rid of the stickers & paper without breaking the chain.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help - Level 51

[Post New]by firekat7 on Apr 19, 16 7:34 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for how to beat level 51 at the Master Builder level without having to buy shovels for the top chained row? I've played this level 10 times, and only once have I been able to break a top row chain. Without the top row chains gone, there is no way to get the chains in the middle further down, let alone try to get the required number of blue gems. Thanks in advance.

****Added later****
Well, as sometimes happens, I got one of those super lucky boards that cleared easily. So the answer to my question is: wait until you get lucky.

Edited on 04/20/2016 at 5:41:29 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 21, 16 4:15 AM
LA HELPING HAND 17 (OFF 96-3) is named "Holy Moley". How appropriate! It seems impossible to beat this level! It's very difficult to drop those avocados but impossible to reach the score. I've wasted over 20 lives and even used an oasis boost on my first move to no avail- the score was still way below the required one. I'm also surprised that I can't find anything by searching the forum. Does anyone remember how to pass this level?

PS I hope that as soon as I go back I will beat this [Removed by Moderator] level. It usually works! ETA: Well it did, but I used a combo (not sure if it made much difference) and an oasis boost first thing again. Turns out that a large number of levels in Los Angeles require boosts. Not nice!

PS2 This thread is full of irrelevant posts complaining about the lack of a PC update. I wish the posters would delete them, as this makes searching the thread diffficult.

Edited on 05/11/2016 at 2:55:50 PM PST

[Post New]by rush330 on Apr 21, 16 10:32 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:This city is a nightmare! I am on level 109 and see so far I have only 5 master builder levels achieved... Now have 2 ridiculous timed levels at 109 and at 106.3 neither of which is in the remotest bit easy given they are only intern levels. Really there has been no fun in this city.

How did you get to 106 or 109? I cannot get past 103. Los angeles has taken the fun out of this game for me.

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help-96-2

[Post New]by rush330 on Apr 21, 16 10:34 PM
TillyQ wrote:Any suggestions for 96-2? I can't get enough whites to fill the star & break the chain. I don't know how to get rid of the stickers & paper without breaking the chain.

yep, but eventually you get lucky. No great tips, just eventually you win.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help 36 Helping Hand

[Post New]by dk413 on Apr 24, 16 10:18 AM
After 15 tries I can not beat the helping hand at Lv 36, the chained pies in the center.
Any help to beat this would be appreciated.

Edited on 04/24/2016 at 10:20:34 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help 36 Helping Hand

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 24, 16 11:05 AM
dk413 wrote:After 15 tries I can not beat the helping hand at Lv 36, the chained pies in the center.
Any help to beat this would be appreciated.

Los Angeles Helping Hand 6 is a nasty one. After many tries I passed using a waterfall boost on those chains (or you can use shovels). Note that I first wasted 2 waterfalls, because even with the waterfall I couldn't subsequently make the score the first two times, so I had to use a third one.

[Post New]by Aaaannnnnnnnaa on Apr 29, 16 11:30 AM
Can anyone tell me how to do level 49? There isn't enough yellow?
Help.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Los Angeles - Level Help 33.2

[Post New]by Scottie12 on May 1, 16 6:57 AM
use the shovel - that will burst the green

Greatwitch
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Can I give my game, coins, and green things away?

[Post New]by Greatwitch on May 1, 16 11:13 PM
I'm in Los Angeles and I am sick and tired of playing levels over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and spending all my coins just finally win one an intern level. It just not fun any more. Each building requires a ridiculous number of resources - more than required to build the entire cities of Sidony Tokyo San Francisco and New York combined yet completing a level or selling resources does not pay proportionately more. This is a game that is designed to keep the player broke and buying coins all the time. Sorry. Fun isn't going into debt. If I felt like splurging money to put into a machine all the time, I would gamble in slots. I might lose it there as well bet at least there would be a chance of regaining some. Not here! It's all grabs and downhill all the way. Let's see how many years it takes for gummy drop game forum to reply. May1,2016 and counting
(May 7, 2016 edit as I await a reply from anyone from gummy drop)
I have just passed intern level 80 and am able to see how many resources are required to build this ONE building. As usual I am short resources. This time, I need over 3000 combined. I can receive approximately 100 per shipment. I make 3 shipments a day =300 per day. This means it will take 10 days of play to build this ONE building for Los Angeles. Multiple this times the 10 or 12 buildings in LA and you will see how discouraging this game is. My question today: why continue to open more cities. We are completely bogged in the ones you have open. Second question. Does anyone care or read these posts?

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 12:43:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Weyenberg on May 6, 16 9:35 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with certain levels. It also looks like there are questions regarding an update to the PC platform.

Level 84-3, what I found helped was to be persistent in filling up at least one of the chained color blockers. Once a color blocker went off, it freed two Lightning Bolt Boosts. By swapping a set of Lightning Bolt Boosts, this was able to clear out the gummies on the board as well as one layer of the stickers. If the other color blocker doesn't go off at this point, go ahead and make more matches for it to go off and free the other set of Lightning Bolt Boosts. If players swap them one more time, the next layer of stickers will be gone and you can focus on the score level requirement.

Level 109, this was indeed a tricky level with all the obstacles presented. What I found helped was to first focus on the chained blue gummy in the middle. Players will notice that it will count down the moves made on the board. Once I had that gummy taken care of, I focused on making line crushes, especially ones that would help get rid of the chained gummies. Once the line crush went off, it would take care of the chained gummies as well as any tiles behind it that need to be cleared. Once they were removed, I worked fast to get the score level requirement before time ran out.

Level 106-3, is definitely another tricky level that to get through. I first focused on getting rid of the chained gummies on the four corners. By doing this, it helps the souvenirs get through the portals to fall through the board. Once the chained gummies were taken care of, I then focused on creating Lightning Bolt Boosts to swap with gummies. Since I did find the walls a challenge, swapping a Lightning Bolt Boost with a gummy helps take care of those gummies on the board. If you are able to swap it with a line crush or bomb, even better. I kept this method until I was able to meet the score level requirement and get the souvenirs down the board.

Go to: