rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - Level Help 98

[Post New]by rrrrob on Jun 8, 17 4:35 PM
Okay why no posts about this level? I can never get enough bricks. I can get enough greens, yellows and light blues to explode the blockers and get all the tiles cleared and get the required score but never have I got close enough to the number of bricks to meet that requirement. The closest I got was 4,800 and you need 7,000. I've even got a few lighting bolts and once I used it to clear out the most dominant colour hoping lots of bricks would appear, but no, then on another lightning bolt I used it on the bricks but since only 6 on the board not much help. I'm beginning to think that its gonna take some extra turns to get through this although each time I was in the 4,000 range I only had 3 or 4 bricks on the board and they were far apart. if this one had been posted about earlier about not enough greens or yellows then I could have said that that had been fixed but in doing so they screwed up the bricks but there is no mention of that in the thread,

Well maybe posting will work as it so often does.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 9, 17 11:35 AM
Hello rrrrob,

Thanks for reaching out. Level 98, St. Petersburg has several different objectives and challenges, which makes it a tricky level to beat. I completely understand reaching out for more level help.

What worked for me was matching enough gummies to make a Lightening Bolt and saving that for when there were a number of bricks on the board. I did need to replay the level several times as, like you, I sometimes found there weren't enough bricks on the board to get 7,000. I also purchased an Oasis boost, which removed a desert tile from the board and stopped the sand from creeping so quickly. I totally understand that this isn't always possible. While the Moderation Team doesn't have input on changes made to the game, we always want to advocate for our players, so I'll pass the feedback about this level along to the appropriate teams.

I really appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

Re:St. Petersburg - Level Help level 46

[Post New]by kendallstitzel on Jul 30, 17 12:29 AM
foundinmt wrote:have been working on this level for days. never enough green or yellow gummies. have tried line boost and shovel.nothing works..the blockers no longer explode when you use a shovel...i see many ppl had trouble with this level, how did you get past it?

Phlorrie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Phlorrie on Oct 5, 17 2:01 PM
Level 55. This is impossible and I have been stuck for days. The sand just takes over far too quickly and there are not enough yellow, greens and reds to blow the chained things (whatever they are called). Not fun!

Phlorrie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Phlorrie on Oct 18, 17 4:28 PM
Well I am still stuck on 55-2 after being side tracked in Monsterville which was fun and easier than this tile. It is still impossible and I need this to move on to the next miserable 10tiles. Why do I continue?

kevuar
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

St. Petersburg - Level 55

[Post New]by kevuar on Dec 16, 17 3:26 PM
Stuck on St Petersburg level 55, have played over and over.
Any help from those who have passed this level would be appreciated.
I must be missing something.?
This country seems to be takeing forever. Looks like the rest of the level is hard too!

Just got through this level, just luck.

Edited on 12/16/2017 at 6:12:33 PM PST

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - Level 47

[Post New]by Weatherup on Jan 29, 18 6:06 PM
OK, so what's the trick on this one? First I played Everest and won!!! That gave me unlimited lives for two hours. I used them all up on 47 and still couldn't get it. Only twice could I unchain the Zs and then I could only get half the points. Usually the sand boxed me out and had to start over. Games like this make you want to quit. There are too many colors to get any quality matches. Come on BG, don't make these so nearly impossible to win!!!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 31, 18 2:32 PM
Hello Weatherup,

I also struggled to beat St. Petersburg, Level 47. Creeping sand (and deep desert tiles) are one of my least favorite obstacles, so I totally understand how they can take over the board.

To win St. Petersburg, Level 47, I went against my instincts and didn't focus on forming a line crusher to break the chains on the four lightning bolts . Instead, I worked on containing the creeping sand. If I didn't keep the sand in check, it would quickly dominate the board and make it impossible to match gummies.

I found it was easier to form new lightning bolts that free the four that were already on the board. This level only requires players to get 43,000 points, and making matches with multi-gummy boosts was a good strategy. Combo boosts were also really effective when it came to clearing sand.

Hopefully these tips help you beat the level. If there's still difficulty winning, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. If new questions arise, you're always welcome to PM me or another moderator. Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Feb 10, 18 3:36 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Weatherup,

I also struggled to beat St. Petersburg, Level 47. Creeping sand (and <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002031693">deep desert tiles</a> are one of my least favorite obstacles, so I totally understand how they can take over the board.

To win St. Petersburg, Level 47, I went against my instincts and didn't focus on forming a <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002031353">line crusher</a> to break the chains on the four <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002031393">lightning bolts</a> . Instead, I worked on containing the creeping sand. If I didn't keep the sand in check, it would quickly dominate the board and make it impossible to match gummies.

I found it was easier to form new lightning bolts that free the four that were already on the board. This level only requires players to get 43,000 points, and making matches with multi-gummy boosts was a good strategy. <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002028214">Combo boosts</a> were also really effective when it came to clearing sand.

Hopefully these tips help you beat the level. If there's still difficulty winning, please contact our <a href="https://gummydrop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000527227">Gummy Drop! Support Team</a>. They'll be able to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience. If new questions arise, you're always welcome to PM me or another <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672144.page">moderator</a>. Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna

OK I sort of did that but mostly, as usual, as soon as I complained the gummies started falling in such a way that everything matched and I won easily with moves left over. Thank you!!!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - Level 68

[Post New]by Weatherup on Feb 11, 18 2:45 PM
Weatherup wrote:I give up. What's the trick here? I've played 17 times and never enough bricks. I've made 2 line boosts in 17 games. This is not fun, not challenging. What's the point if you can't win?

I didn't give up but it took 27 tries. MONUMENTAL it said but it's not good enough to get the bell!!! Now must play a harder version!!!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - 101 - 110

[Post New]by Weatherup on Mar 1, 18 2:50 PM
The monument requires a lot of blue hats. I was short by nearly 40,000! I tried to complete HHs but they were just too hard. Then I noticed that they were very cheap to buy! I got all for 100 coins or fewer (I've forgotten).

Rememher that it is an option to just buy gummies in some cases! 111 - 120 to go and then I'm done with St. Petersburg!!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:St. Petersburg - Level 119-1

[Post New]by Weatherup on Mar 2, 18 3:28 PM
Impossible, boring, nothing but frustrating, zero strategy.

Match 3, shuffle, match 3, shuffle. I got 1 Z and couldn't do anything with it but wipe out some useless reds. The last part of St Petersburg is as bad as any.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Mar 2, 18 7:36 PM
Weatherup wrote:Impossible, boring, nothing but frustrating, zero strategy.

Match 3, shuffle, match 3, shuffle. I got 1 Z and couldn't do anything with it but wipe out some useless reds. The last part of St Petersburg is as bad as any.
I need hundreds of thousands of everything. I have 6/10 of the sticks the rest are seemingly impossible to get. The HH at 119 is an exercise in futility. No meaningful matches, no cascading to get enough points. Some of these have over 50 moves but never more than one or two matches on the board. What the heck is going on?

Phlorrie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Phlorrie on Mar 6, 18 10:31 AM
Months have passed and I am still stuck in St.Petes. I have completed Santa Fe and Copenhagen and Valentines Day after using up my airplane tickets, but still here at 100. I don’t have enough blue hats and also cannot solve 92 and 94. I think this game is a total waste of time as the fun has long gone. I am moving on. What a disappointment after 2 years with this game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 7, 18 11:34 AM
Hello Phlorrie,

Saint Petersburg has many tricky levels, so I'm glad you reached out to us. I'll happily provide some advice.

Saint Petersburg, Level 92: I focused on creating lightning bolts during this level. The layout of the board made it easier to form them, and the lightning bolts ensured I got enough points to win. I also tried to use line crushers to clear the ice cubes from the board; these boosts were what I used to break the tokens' chains. I paid special attention to the ice cubes underneath the tokens, too. If I forgot to deal with these, I couldn't drop the tokens.

Saint Petersburg, Level 94: I found that horizontal line crushers were pretty affective against the ice cubes. Since those took a bit of planning to form, I tried to make as many matches next to the ice cubes as possible. My focus was on making the board bigger, and eliminating the ice cubes helped me achieve this goal.

I hope this advice is helpful. If you play Gummy Drop! on a mobile device, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They can provide further assistance and even advance you through the game.

Thanks for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM me if more questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Mar 8, 18 3:15 AM
Weatherup wrote:
Weatherup wrote:Impossible, boring, nothing but frustrating, zero strategy.

I need hundreds of thousands of everything. I have 6/10 of the sticks the rest are seemingly impossible to get. The HH at 119 is an exercise in futility. No meaningful matches, no cascading to get enough points. Some of these have over 50 moves but never more than one or two matches on the board. What the heck is going on?

I finally did it! Lots of patience and finally went back to Sydney and played levels until I could afford to stock up on boosts. It also never seems to fail that if I complain as I did above, I win.
Off to Mexico City!

[Post New]by Npfoley on Mar 22, 18 9:30 AM
I have been stuck on level 68 for days. There are never enough blocks coming down to meet the requirement. If the blocks don’t show up how do I pass? I have tried different ways of clearing the board hoping more blocks will appear but they don’t. Help please.

Go to: