Cape Town - Level Help

Cape Town - Level Help: 38 Architect

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on May 13, 17 5:29 PM
Tillysmum_1 wrote:Cape Town Level 38 Architect.

What gives with this level?

I just cannot get my head around what I need to do here. Can anyone help>

Can someone answer me please? Moderators???

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 5:30:13 PM PST

Re:Cape Town - Level Help

[Post New]by deloris123 on May 16, 17 7:17 AM
can anyone help on how to solve architect level 38 tried and tried cant seem to get the hang of it

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 16, 17 3:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss Cape Town in Gummy Drop!. It looks like there are a few questions here about some specific levels and I wanted to swim by real fast with how I was able to get past Level 38, Architect in Cape Town, as well as Level 52 - 1, Intern.

In Level 38, Architect, there are nine quadrants with lots of paper to remove in eight of the sections and the 9 souvenirs to drop in the upper left box of nine. The goal for this level is to move all of those souvenirs across the grid to the bottom right corner box, where they can escape the level. The best way to start is to start with the matches that are available for players to use in the top center box. Then, the next match should be made in the box to the right of that.

You'll notice that gummies begin to move through the grid towards the right, especially the center column of souvenirs. Now, look at the next row of squares and make the match available in the left most center row box, the center column of souvenirs should continue the progress to that box. Then, continue to do this for the rest of the boxes going left to right, top to bottom, until you reach the bottom right box. After making that match, you should have dropped at least 3 of the souvenirs, if not more, and be well on your way to achieving the score. After making these eight matches, most of the paper should also be gone, making it easier to finish the level.

However, it's still possible to not finish the level without clearing more of the paper and continuing to move the souvenirs that are left to that lower right hand box, so after making those eight matches in the right order, I recommend trying to continue removing paper that is in the lower part of the board (the lower three squares), especially if they are in front of the souvenirs, as this will help quickly get them to the end of the board. Sometimes, a Lightning Boost will appear, and could be helpful to quickly change the board state when swapped with a gummy, or help clear left over paper when swapped with it.

I hope that was able to help with that particular level. My next post here will be about level 52 - 1, Intern and how I managed to get past that particular level.

Edited on 05/16/2017 at 3:37:28 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 16, 17 3:35 PM
For level 52 - 1, Intern, the difficulty for the level is clearing the top most tiles that need to be removed, as they are surrounded by an impenetrable and unbreakable wall. While matches can be made through the wall, one cannot move gummies through it. Also, there are 5 Lightning Boosts chained to the top, making it even more difficult to clear that top part.

To complete this level, I recommend starting with the stickers and tiles available in the lower portion. This should happen rapidly as matches are made as there are fewer colors and types of gummies in this board set up, so cascades happen more frequently. After clearing the central area of the board, try to make a line boost by making a four of a kind horizontally, where the line will explode towards the center lightning boost at the very top of the level. You want to get that central line cleared as soon as possible so that the next part of this strategy can assist.

After clearing that central line, gummies will start falling from that portion of the board too. Try to clear stickers up near the top with your next few moves and start making note of what gummies are near the top, especially the one at the very top center next to the other chained lightning boosts . Since there are so few colors in the level, after clearing that portion near the top as best as possible, start making any kind of boost (preferably line boosts) as well as lightning boosts . Once you have a lightning boost and a line boost of the color located at the top center of the board, try to swap them.

This will do one of two things, either the gummy at the top will change into a horizontal boost or a vertical one. If it turns into a vertical one, try to do the same thing until a horizontal boost is made at the top of the board. This will clear the chains, the tiles, and drop those four remaining lightning boosts. Swap these lightning boosts. This will clear the rest of the level, and likely allow you to obtain the score and hat requirement for the level.

This is hard to do because very specific boosts need to be made and used in specific ways to consistently complete this level, but once those lightning boosts are unchained by changing all gummies of one color to line boosts, swapping the four remaining lightning boosts should complete the level.

Edited on 05/23/2017 at 12:04:34 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 16, 17 3:36 PM
I hope this was able to assist with these two levels, and if there are further issues with the levels, don't hesitate to contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to help out as best they can with the tools provided as quickly as possible.

Also, thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help HH1

[Post New]by rrrrob on Jul 13, 17 5:36 PM
This is indeed a very difficult HH to pass. I had 2 turns left over which I used and I had to buy an additional 5 turns and then got lucky with the spinner to get another 5 free turns. Based on the comments on this one the Dev. need to adjust this one.

[Post New]by Ellakat on Jul 16, 17 12:49 PM
I'm at level 65 Intern and I can't finish the level. In the first try I was left with one remaining tile, but it had no gummy in it. So I could'nt clear it. In my second try, I ended up with two "blank" tiles and lost - again. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited on 07/16/2017 at 12:53:29 PM PST

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Level 88

[Post New]by rrrrob on Aug 1, 17 5:33 AM
It looks like the developers have adjusted this level finally. I got it on my first try. I was not only able to get the score requirement but there were enough browns that I was also able to destroy every brown blocker. Each brown blocker only required one match of three to explode it. Those of you that had a lot of trouble before may want to go back and attempt the other 2 levels to see if they have been fixed also or if it is only the intern level that has been adjusted.

BTW any tips for HH15? Never mind I got it.

Edited on 08/01/2017 at 6:06:07 AM PST

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help for Level 50 Master Builder

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Oct 9, 17 6:05 PM
Help!!! There are three lightning bolts and 3 triple stickies surrounded by a gold wall at the top of the screen. These cannot be swapped with or hit by matches outside the gold wall. I can't just ignore them because they are squares that must be cleared to win. How do I get to them? I played the two lower levels of this level but I don't remember this problem. Maybe the other levels were not completely enclosed. Or maybe I just got lucky on those and something broke through; however, I doubt I got that lucky on both other levels. Does anyone know??? Thanks.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Oct 9, 17 11:48 PM
Hi there Bowiecowgirl, there might be a better way but I just hit one of the outer blocks of stickies with a shovel, one will remove the whole layer and then took out the gummy that dropped down with the lightning bolt. That gives you space to take the rest of them out. Good luck!

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Oct 10, 17 6:06 PM
Thank you, globetrotter. If there is a better way, I would like to know it. Your suggestion worked like a charm. I should have thought of boosts when I thought impossible. I got a good board, but using your method, it was easy and I won on the first try with moves to spare. I appreciate your help.

[Post New]by barksatthemoon on Nov 26, 17 10:40 AM
I'm with everyone else on Cape Town HH 1. I just spent 450 coins on extra lives, 1 line power-up and 1 shovel on this level. I got all the petals off the board, but couldn't get the score past 145,000 (maybe I could've if I spent another 600 on extra lives, but I can't afford it, sorry). This level is terrible. This is very frustrating. I may be done with this game.

[Post New]by Chefchic on Dec 12, 17 8:45 AM
Knismesis wrote:Helping hand level 1? Even if I accomplish the impossible task of dropping the 8 flower petals, I can't get even close to the score required to pass. This is a paid level. If you win, you have to pay 200 coins to purchase resources. I'm not also paying for extra moves to pass this level.

Glad to know I am not the only one who cannot pass this level. I can get all eight petals to drop, but I cannot score high enough to pass the level. I have used multiple resources (lightning bolts, move souvenirs, and extra time) and still cannot pass. I've spent more than 200 coins and still cannot pass. Advice anyone?

[Post New]by Bazgladwin on Dec 30, 17 12:28 AM
I am stuck on level 1 which needs crazy amounts of bricks and jewels to pass. I am trying to get them via the king proteus game but it is ridiculously hard. If I manage to get the petals I can't get the number of points needed without spending stupid amounts on extra goes. It's very disappointing to get to these areas of the game where the developers just seem to make it so hard that they obviously want you to spend real cash (and a large amount) to get through the level. To be honest I would rather pay a small subscription and have a game which is challenging rather than impossible. Very dissatisfied and frustrated at the moment.i gave this game up a couple of years ago for this very reason (Tokyo was impossible that time) but have enjoyed playing again. Until now....

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 30, 17 1:17 AM
presumably you mean HH 1 not level 1? Those who have passed that HH level, or any other HH level can't help as we can't go back and look at them unless they haven't been done. And whats the 'King proteus' game? Is that something else? And you can get through this game to the current city without spending a cent of real money unless you particularly want to spend it that is. There are various tricks that help like reloading the board till you get the best possible start with the right moves, then play, if its not good, reload till you get a good one. It helps you get through a level more often than not.

[Post New]by liseakcn on Jan 4, 18 11:18 AM
Help level 50-3

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Cape Town - Level Help 50-3

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 4, 18 1:04 PM
globetrotter217 wrote:Hi there Bowiecowgirl, there might be a better way but I just hit one of the outer blocks of stickies with a shovel, one will remove the whole layer and then took out the gummy that dropped down with the lightning bolt. That gives you space to take the rest of them out. Good luck!

This is impossible without using boosts

[Post New]by Walt_21815 on Feb 6, 18 1:14 PM
I'm having trouble getting through level 118! How does it work?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 6, 18 2:33 PM
I just had a look at that one again, as its got the sand tiles that don't reveal whats on them till you can blast them away, I reloaded the board a number of times to see whats under them, as you get a quick glimpse whilst the board is loading, but its very fleeting, but it helps to work out whats there so you can tackle it the best way. I also did some screen shots in that time so got to have a really good look at it. There is a kind of ladder of walls in that centre blanked out section, on each rung are two with a space between each, those spaces each hold a light blue colour blocker, so you have to make the most matches as you can with light blue gummies to start blowing them up. So keep reloading the board till you get a formation for a on move 1, use it wisely, either get a line crush or bomb next to it, or at the least, hit it on a light blue gummy to get rid of the max number of light blues. once you start blowing up the blockers, you can then start using the that will then show up, as coloured gummies will fall next to them, so hit them on anything at alll to decimate the board. On tier 3 of this level, there are 18 moves and there are 18 hidden so you will be able to use one of them on every move once they are revealed and even if its not light blue, anything will help to get rid of the max gummies of any colour as even at tier 1, there were plenty of them.

Maudcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Maudcat on Feb 19, 18 6:20 AM
I am also having difficulty with the first HH at level 3.
Seems impossible to reach the points needed to complete the level.
(See my other post, “Disappointed in Cape Town.”)
Sometimes there are just these incredibly difficult HHs that frustrate me no end.
Example: drop feathers in Rio.
Re Cape Town HH, I have bought extra moves twice or three times, with no success.
I am shipping from other cities, but it is going to take forever without that HH.
My two day pass will have expired by then.

Go to: