COOKING QUEST

daws1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re: COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by daws1 on Sep 28, 09 12:35 AM
ilovephins wrote:I am enjoying this game also. But have come upon a problem. Sometimes when an item I am looking for is at the bottom of the screen I cannot click it. This is not a problem unless it is an item that you have to have such as a pie shell. If it is not an item you HAVE to find then I can just let the time run out and start over and so far the item I couldn't click is not on the list again.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you did how did you fix it?

Thanks

I have this problem also. I go to menu, options, and remove the check mark for full screen. When not in full screen I can click on the item. Then I go back to the options screen and recheck the full screen to continue playing. There has to be a simpler way, though.

Re:COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by nikkimae on Oct 5, 09 10:30 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows where the "fish basket" is in the french restaurant?? I've tried clicking on what looks like a basket, the one on the stove (the obvious one) and it does nothing! I have no money (no hint) and really dont want to start the game again... I've also already just let the time run out in order to get a new list at least 10 times, but the stupid "fish basket" is always on my list! I used a game credit for this game and am very frustrated! Help!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 1, 10 12:28 AM
I played this game a couple of months ago on a different site someone recommended it, and it's the DD- I am definately getting this one. I would also have to agree with Jiisa, I wish it had more restaurants, I really enjoyed the game. I hope you all will like this one!! Mann A T

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 12:29:32 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 1, 10 3:04 AM
Never mind the fly in my soup, there's a coral snake on my pizza! (And that's not the half of it... ew...)

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on May 1, 10 4:38 AM
I just trialled 8 minutes of the game. I am NOT impressed at all. I can not click on items at the bottom of the screen. Some of the items are very, very small. I like HOG but this is a NO buy. .

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on May 1, 10 12:10 PM
I played the whole demo.

There are so many objects in the rooms, certain rooms are photographed from far, the objects are very tiny and it is hard to put a name on many.

Second restaurant, same kitchen with same objects! Don't remember exactly how many restaurants. Nine?

Bonus money: click items within seconds and you get extra $5 for each two in a row.

Hints: cost $20 each and you start with $100 so spare them cause if you cannot find the objects and you have only $5 it looks like you need to restart the game. One of the requested hints did not show up on the screen.

Replay: it is at this point a memory game where you remember where the objects are and you get the maximum money to buy the best quality of food and cook it the right way the first time. The cooking remains the same whatever quality of ingredients you buy, I guess so once this part is done there is no more fun to do it. I might buy it for the "memory" side of this game.

2 / 5

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 1, 10 1:22 PM
i remember playing this sometime ago and wondering what to do with the peaches... now i feel like an idiot because i order bellini iced tea all the time - i should know that the peaches went in the wine!

i like the cooking games - but i like them more when they offer recipes of what you're cooking... this game is a good mix of hidden object and time management... working the skills to get the best stuff and then cooking it up fast and correctly to get the best reviews... but for me, the only replay value in the game is trying to do it better and faster the next time around... so i'm wondering if it's still a deal at $2.99... hard to say, but i'm sure a lot of folks will be picking this one anyway!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 1, 10 3:00 PM
Many items too tiny and high cost of hints makes this almost impossible for
me. Due to several "start with new player" to kind of hold on to something
in the way of a budget, I never finished the first 4 hidden object scenes
at the end of demo, so couldn't form an opinion of how the game progresses.
Plus, the item list written in white on beige is also tiring on the eyes.

Also, without a relaxed mode to have more time to find the teeny-tinys,
this is a no buy for me, even at DD price.

Didn't help the game at all that I was coming off of my finish of "Deadtime
Tales". A tough act to follow.

Concept does sound appealing, so for those who can, enjoy.
And happy gaming.

[Post New]by lanacountry on May 1, 10 9:26 PM
I cannot get past the first restaurant. I got to four stars and no higher.
Also the last round I played the steak would not stay on the skillet~!!
It keeps flying back to the inventory.

As far as **** games go, I love this, and one of the harder ones I have played.
(I am new at this).

(I am 62 YO~! )

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on May 1, 10 11:50 PM
I didn't like this game. The **** pages were a bit grainy for me and the glitch with not being able to click on items at the edges frustrated me. Paying $20 for a hint was too costly when I couldn't even get to the item because of the glitch. I liked the cooking part, but I won't be buying this.

[Post New]by PrincessPepper on May 4, 10 5:45 PM
I bought this because the graphics were clear - didn't realize that some of the items were too small to see. I don't mind cooking, but I'm a plain cook and I don't know the first thing about these different meals- I don't even know what some of the things we are supposed to find look like and don't know how to use them if I do find them.

ggxgp
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ggxgp on May 18, 10 7:41 PM
I loved the game, but it is way to short.

Re: COOKING QUEST

[Post New]by glorylovegames on Aug 14, 10 5:41 PM
Gajillion wrote:Does anyone know where the lips are in the Pan Fusion Cafe??? I am out of hints and it's all I have left to find......

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Aug 22, 10 12:22 PM
This is a fun little game, and I emphasize the word 'little', as the game is very short. While it lasted, it was quite enjoyable - especially if you are a 'foodie', like me.

The HOG scenes were quite challenging, and you are really playing to beat the clock, so if you are adverse to timed games - this is not for you. But if you enjoy cooking, this is a unique offering in the game world. Having some knowledge of ethnic food items and basic preparation techniques is helpful.

What I loved about the game is the replayability, as I returned to each restaurant to better my score/review, I still found the game enjoyable. I would love to see a more robust version of this game, updated with new graphics technology and more current cooking challenges. Iron Chef and other food competition shows would be good inspiration!

This game is definitely worth a DD or punch card credit, and I hope you will give it a try.

[Post New]by travelyn on May 22, 11 1:20 PM
This game is too hard!! I can never find all the stuff, the hints are not always clear and they cost too much. I get frustrated and angry! Stupid game! Could be fun if I didn't run out of hints and money so fast! Give me a break!

[Post New]by amethyst111 on Aug 31, 11 3:17 PM
Not impressed with this game, too many bad points that can easily be patched e.g. the length, the cursor doesn't go to the bottom of the screen and you shouldn't have to minimize the screen to be able to click items at the bottom, etc.

i would probably download it again and try it out if these issues were patched

[Post New]by xenalyte on Apr 14, 12 7:07 AM
I have the iPhone version; it works on the iPhone, but will not even open on the iPad, where I'd rather play it because the 'phone is too small. Any ideas? Have deleted, reinstalled, deleted and reinstalled again, restarted the iPad ... all that.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 8, 12 7:59 AM
Another game with no untimed option... and very little playing time? ? ? ? ? No buy for me... not even on sale ! ! !

For those of you who love short, timed games, happy gaming.

Classicaljazz

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 8, 12 11:42 AM
I have played this game twice and I never ran out of time. I thought the time alloted was very generous. It is a fun game althrough some of the items are small. My old eyes were able to find everything eventually and within the time limits.

mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mollyal on Sep 18, 12 9:16 AM
It took me less than 10 minutes to know I did not like this game. Items extremely difficult to find, hints cost money, and you are punished for "clicking too often." All things I hate in a HO game. In the second HO screen, I couldn't find half the objects, even searching close up with reading glasses. If you only think it might be the object, better not click until you're absolutely sure---two or three clicks and it takes money and time. And hints don't build up or have you find certain objects to get more, they just cost you money you've earned up to that point.

I uninstalled it and have no intention of buying it.

Go to: