Re:NEW HO - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by scubagirl on May 25, 09 4:18 PM
Not a bad game but I am really glad I didn't waste more than one dollar on this - finished it in a few hrs. If I'd bought this for its regular price I would have been really annoyed.

[Post New]by dream5866 on May 25, 09 4:36 PM
I am so frustrated with this game. I made it all the way to the place in the woods where there is a kerosene lamp you need to find and no matter how many times I click on it nothing happens. I cant move on simply because of that and I tried smaller screen and big screen and it is not in the lowest part of the screen where I cant reach it. I just click everywhere and nothing happens. I cant believe I wasted my money on this.

sandy99265
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sandy99265 on May 25, 09 4:54 PM
dream5866 wrote:I am so frustrated with this game. I made it all the way to the place in the woods where there is a kerosene lamp you need to find and no matter how many times I click on it nothing happens. I cant move on simply because of that and I tried smaller screen and big screen and it is not in the lowest part of the screen where I cant reach it. I just click everywhere and nothing happens. I cant believe I wasted my money on this.

I am having the same problem with the kerosene lamp - did anyone have that problem w/ any object? and how did you resolve the issue? I hate being stuck here

LOVE the game but the objects are WAY too small.

miller44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by miller44 on May 26, 09 9:38 PM
Cannot seem to find the last firefly - any help?? Can a person get more hints.

Jaaza
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:NEW **** - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by Jaaza on May 27, 09 2:33 PM
sandy99265 wrote:
dream5866 wrote:I am so frustrated with this game. I made it all the way to the place in the woods where there is a kerosene lamp you need to find and no matter how many times I click on it nothing happens. I cant move on simply because of that and I tried smaller screen and big screen and it is not in the lowest part of the screen where I cant reach it. I just click everywhere and nothing happens. I cant believe I wasted my money on this.

I am having the same problem with the kerosene lamp - did anyone have that problem w/ any object? and how did you resolve the issue? I hate being stuck here

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 27, 09 4:39 PM
Not worth it. I have spent two days looking (and not finding) for a tennis ball at the Manasas bridge. A game that makes me change screen sizes, go almost blind and irritate the h...out of me? No, thanks. I am glad I only paid ,.99 cents. I play games to enjoy them and have fun with them, not going almost blind and turning me into a yelling lunatic out of frustration. Whoever likes this, enjoy!

[Post New]by Keljay97 on May 28, 09 5:33 AM
I just got this game the other day with coupon--glad that I didn't have to pay full price for it! I thought it would be fun--graphics are great but many items are too tiny which makes it difficult finding them.
I love hidden object games but this one drives me nuts! Only 3 hints unless one can do the bomb game which I can't. I dislike the fact that many items are not of civil war era items--Don't think they had light bulbs or telephones back in those days but understand it would be difficult to come up with things to hide.The coded letters are fun and easy to do.
I have finished the game twice and found it frustrating that it was so short. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
I do enjoy other Big Fish games though but this one is really disappointing.

[Post New]by atameeting on May 28, 09 6:10 AM
has anyone had a problem collecting an item I am in 1864 Battle of wilderness, clicked on Kerosene lamp but won't collect used 2 hints and still no help any suggestions

[Post New]by Superlucia on May 28, 09 1:58 PM
Heeeeelp! I'm at the Court house and need to find the blasted LIPS!!! Where are they??

Thanks!

Superlucia

Edited on 05/28/2009 at 6:29:48 PM PST

JOON111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re: NEW **** - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by JOON111 on May 31, 09 4:02 PM
karenplop wrote:Crazy old lady here. Even more crazy now. I have had my nose to screen for several days now. I have run out of time on numerous occasions. I am finally on the last level. My eyes are spinning counter-clock-wise and even my magnifying glass is in over use. I think the fire flies and the arrows were the worst to find. Now I'm onto gems and goblets, for the third time. Pray for me................................

I thought it was just my vision going bad or something. I had to wear strong reading glasses to see things. Not worth it, can't play the dumb bomb game either, duh. Ah what's 99cents these days.
Joon

[Post New]by scrapingal on May 31, 09 10:59 PM
I'm in the Wilderness and have one object to get - the kerosene lamp. When I click on it it doesn't do anything. I have restarted the game so many times and I'm sick of being able to only go so far.. Anybody have any solution for this?

[Post New]by cybernet on Jun 3, 09 8:39 AM
miller44 wrote:Cannot seem to find the last firefly - any help?? Can a person get more hints.

The last firefly for me to find was in the tree on the upper left side of the screen.

[Post New]by larnval on Jun 3, 09 5:47 PM
scrapingal wrote:I'm in the Wilderness and have one object to get - the kerosene lamp. When I click on it it doesn't do anything. I have restarted the game so many times and I'm sick of being able to only go so far.. Anybody have any solution for this?

Re: NEW **** - Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

[Post New]by HELEN1934 on Jun 4, 09 7:14 AM
scotcat wrote:YA THINK THEY COULD MAKE THE OBJECTS ANY SMALLER? Ooops, sorry. My eyes wanted to see something big for a change. They have that big ole' screen with tons of space and make the objects so small. Thank God my eye doctor made me computer glasses (which I love BTW).

I didn't do any reading.... it kinda reminds me of the Agatha Christy reading of the clues. Scripted message mini game not very exciting. That's the only mini game I saw so far (in one hour).

That bugle was pretty annoying. Other sound effects were cool tho.
Picture quality good. Everything ran Ok. The hour went by fast (not too bored), but I spent a lot of time trying to see itsy bitsy objects.

They don't give you enough clues in my opinion (only 3 with up to 80 tiny objects to find).

It looks like this game was made by the same people that made Cooking Quest (which didn't run smooth for me).

I'd say another game to play with until the really good games come out. At least it's only $7 for me.

[Post New]by HELEN1934 on Jun 4, 09 7:19 AM
Hi,
I got stuck the same way I did 3 times before using another player name. In Fort Sumter (1st level), there is a 'helm' hanging on the upper right side. It does not move at all when clicking on it. This is really annoying. Do you know how to remove it?
Thanks for a reply to [email address removed by moderator]

Edited on 06/04/2009 at 10:41:36 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Civil War Fireflies/Rabbit's Foot

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 13, 10 7:51 AM
You can find the 10 fireflies at the following locations -- starting with the bottom left --

1 -- rock beneath the skull
2 -- move up to the first spacing between the fence
3 -- come down to the 3 logs and go to the log underneath the first and next to the left-hand log
4 -- go to the right bottom and "under the stump"
5 -- stay by the stump and find the other one next to the lantern that sits on the stump
6 -- move up to the rock near the water
7 -- move up past the water next to the tree just above the cannon that sits near the tree
8 -- move WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to the sky to your right next to the tree
9 -- move over to the middle of the cabin and lastly,
10 -- move to the tree tip RIGHT in FRONT of the moon

Hope I've been able to explain it well enough; any ideas of where the rabbit's foot is? Found the 10 playing cards but can't find that silly rabbit's foot.

MEnr56

[Post New]by vintagevenue on Apr 26, 10 11:07 PM
scrapingal wrote:I'm in the Wilderness and have one object to get - the kerosene lamp. When I click on it it doesn't do anything. I have restarted the game so many times and I'm sick of being able to only go so far.. Anybody have any solution for this?

I am having the same problem. I guess the game is pretty much over for me since I can't get beyond this point. I know for sure that kerosene lamp is the right one, as my hint also confirmed it. When I click on it it doesn't do anything for me either.

Civil War Fireflies/Rabbit's Foot

[Post New]by scrapper61 on May 17, 10 8:07 PM
MEnr56 wrote:You can find the 10 fireflies at the following locations -- starting with the bottom left --

1 -- rock beneath the skull
2 -- move up to the first spacing between the fence
3 -- come down to the 3 logs and go to the log underneath the first and next to the left-hand log
4 -- go to the right bottom and "under the stump"
5 -- stay by the stump and find the other one next to the lantern that sits on the stump
6 -- move up to the rock near the water
7 -- move up past the water next to the tree just above the cannon that sits near the tree
8 -- move WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to the sky to your right next to the tree
9 -- move over to the middle of the cabin and lastly,
10 -- move to the tree tip RIGHT in FRONT of the moon

Hope I've been able to explain it well enough; any ideas of where the rabbit's foot is? Found the 10 playing cards but can't find that silly rabbit's foot.

MEnr56

[Post New]by ateska on Oct 10, 10 9:49 PM
i hate this game. the story is cool. but hate the game.

[Post New]by squire64 on Jan 25, 11 12:20 PM
sandy99265 wrote:

Go to: