murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Hidden Magic comments and reviews

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Nov 11, 09 6:17 PM
Terrific game! Hidden objects are challenging but not impossible. The mini-games were a little different and a good break from the **** scenes. I'm still trying to figure out which spells to use, and do they really make any difference. But I've finished the main game, and now on to further adventures - A MUST BUY!

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Nov 11, 09 6:21 PM
Loved this game! Good challenges with the hidden objects, and the mini-games are a nice break. It's a different type of ****, and I still haven't figured out the spells and whether they really make a difference. I've finished the main game and are onto the extra ones - lots of playtime. A definite BUY!

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 13, 09 8:44 PM
OLDBAY wrote:I LIKED THE GAME , BUT NOT ENOUGH TO BUY...IT WAS ALSO BORING TO ME AS WELL..BUT I;M SURE THERE WILL BE A LOT OF YOU THAT WILL REALLY ENJOY THIS TYPE OF GAME..BUT AFTER A HOUR..THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME .

me too- I really wanted to love it after such great reviews and such hard work on great design from the makers but I got quite bored at the end of the trial- this one isn't for me! but for the lovers of this one -have fun!

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Nov 20, 09 3:54 PM
Tried this game for an hour and I had to buy it. I love it It's challenging , graphics are great and the storyline is also awesome . I have played in normal mode and advanced. I am now playing the battles and I am enjoying them alot. I like that this game has a lot of playability. I see myself playing this game over and over to get better on my scores. Thanks.

Edited on 11/20/2009 at 3:56:38 PM PST

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Nov 25, 09 12:36 PM
What a fun game!

[Post New]by bronx37 on Dec 12, 09 12:21 AM
I have to be honest ...Did not care for it at all...Sorry..

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Mar 19, 10 7:33 PM
I love this game. It is ideal for me because it combines a spellcasting sort of adventure with a good set of artwork, a cute story and the kind of hidden object scenes that I really enjoy. The extra puzzles and such are just an added bonus, and I really like the different modes of gameplay. This has rocketed to the top of my "keeper" pile.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 31, 10 12:24 PM
I came across this game by accident, and I really like it, though some of the battles are a little stressflul...Played it the easy way, I'm going to try another level. Really nice after HOG, long file, adventure games. It did enjoy it, graphics are nice, don't regret my money.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 5, 10 12:05 PM
I read some of the reviews on Hidden Magic and was undecided at first if I wanted to buy it. Actually glad I did. I have played better, more challenging games but I really did have a good time with this one. My 5 yr old grand daughter likes to sit on my lap while I play and she loved the battles. My husband, who NEVER pays any attention even sat and helped with the battles. I thougt the length was nice and the graphics, while not as great as some were fun.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 20, 10 1:36 AM
Just wanted to say that I just played it for the 3rd time and that I still enjoy it a lot. Nice, little, great game.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 12, 10 3:17 PM
This game really surprised me! At first I thought "Oh Great- Boring". The more I played the more involved I got. No there is not really any story to this but it was a refreshing change from a standard Hidden Object game. After I started my 5 yr old grand daughter came and sat on my lap and had a blast. When my husband heard us he pulled up a chair to help. He is never interested in my games. What got him involved was the fight sequences. He understood that part better than I did at first. We spent a good hour and a half that evening and still had plenty left to play. I bought this without a trial run and I am not sorry. I really liked the fact that you could play the battles or do the puzzles without actually playing the regular game. You can just click on battles or puzzles or game. Every battle is different no matter how many times you play. You just get better and faster because you start to learn what you are looking for and what best defeats your opponent.
After I finished this I stored it for a while and the other day when I wanted to play for a bit but didn't feel like buying I started this over and had just as much fun the second time through.
Those of you looking for the standard Adventure/Hidden Object type game will be very surprised, I think, to find that this is worth the money. I was.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 22, 10 9:13 AM
I really wanted to play this game, it looks interesting. But I can't. After pushing play now my screen went bonkers!?!?!? My only option to get out of it was a hard shut down......I run on windows 7....is it possible some games have compatibility issues with that particular OS?
Sigh....another one for the trash heap....for now....
wow.....I'm a seahorse now......lol

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 9:14:30 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 4, 11 5:15 PM
2nd time for me, great game!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 7, 11 3:09 PM
Hi all, What a compelling little game. Bought it ages ago and have come back to replay it. Just as good the second time around. I love the variety and it's far from boring ..... quite charming I think.
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 1:27 PM
This is a very nice game, quite long, the story line is good, the scenes are very nice looking, I actually enjoyed the game, it took me a while to play it, but I never felt bore or got tired of it.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 14, 13 10:20 AM
Used a credit to purchase this game and don't regret it. Thoroughly addicting. I finally had to force myself away after almost 3 hours because I have to get back to life! Very engaging, however I have not quite figured out the scoring on the battles.

I play in the Easy mode as like another game player mention, I am not into frustration and panic when I play a game so I'm sure the scoring means more then. I just play the battles and enjoy them. The only frustration is trying to find all the pieces to the items in the other scenes...this does frustrate me but the hint refreshes quite quickly so you can keep moving along.

Unusual graphics and clear and crisp. No voice overs but some dialog. Music is OK and works well with the game. This game was a good break from the hardcore, involved Adventure games I play most of the time. I will give this a 5 out of 5. I think you will enjoy it.....it is a really long game.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 20, 13 12:45 AM
Gee-wiz, the trial's time went so fast that I jumped when the time was up

The previous posts word the positive points better than I can :/ But I will say What an unusual game !! Time passed so fast and I had to use hints to find the tiny frog parts and a couple of hog objects but no big deal Tried both easy and normal modes and I personally don't like timers...both modes ok

Art work and music very pleasant, sort of eye-candy & ear-candy and I liked it
Just noticed there is a BOGO sale this weekend (budget says be careful :/ and I have several games in line but think I will bump this one up. Try it, you may like it
Happy Gaming

I don't really like to give points based on trials but this time I will - out of 5!

Go to: