RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:TOO MANY HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 1, 09 1:43 PM
Personally, I only like to download and buy HOGs, so if there were never any more offered at all, I wouldn't buy any games at all. But, my life would go on, and I would just go back to playing different games online at different game sites. Or, play my old downloaded games over and over. I certainly don't stress when an HOG that I like isn't offered for a few days, because I have bigger things to stress over. LOL However, I truly appreciate BFG, the quality of it's website, and the fact that they do offer all of us a good variety of great games at a low price. Thank you Big Fish!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Nov 1, 09 1:43 PM
I absolutely LOVE HOG's...they are my favorite. I just wish they had longer and more challenging ones like the MCF, HE and Dream Chronicle series. Or ones with amazing graphics the Drawn (too bad it was on the shorter side). A fair amount of the HOG's seem to be short, easy and graphics geared towards young children.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Nov 1, 09 2:02 PM
I'm sorry for anyone who feels that they are not being catered for but at the moment the Hog games seem to be the ones that are selling and have been released all in one month. Not long ago the Tm's came out in a large batch. I'm sure take this all on board but can only sell what is being released at the time. Don't be down I'm sure we will get group of puzzle games released altogether or some more Tm's. Happy playing to you all.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Nov 1, 09 2:05 PM
biomix wrote:Oh Boy...
Last month I complained to Customer Service because EVERYDAY for 5 or 6 days it was a Time Management Game. That is the type of game I hate the most.
Then I felt really bad about it. I thought "Like chill ok? man, these are games. What am I getting on their case for"?
And then the next week I saw a bunch of Hidden Object.
This is what I love about October. They always offer a bunch of Hogs because that is what I think a lot of us want. And with the promotion and all well people have a chance to buy their 6 games right?
I am sure next week we will see a lot more of different types of games.
So anyway, I stocked up on Hog's this month.
But you know? If you get 2 or 3 games a month that you like, whether it's a hog, tm or arcade, well that's pretty good when you think about it.
And with the daily special there is usually a different type of game to buy.
I'm sure BFG will take all of this into consideration. They are pretty awesome.
Hope you all have a good week.

Biomix

Well said. Ditto.

[Post New]by CherylB1003 on Nov 1, 09 2:12 PM
I have to agree. I'm tired of seeing them most days as well. Major reason why I dropped my membership. Perhaps when we get more variety I'll sign up again.

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Nov 1, 09 2:13 PM
I am a HOG junkie LOL Keep em coming.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Nov 1, 09 2:13 PM
I was getting frustrated because there were so many games of other types like the Match 3 and time management! I began to think that there was some plan to put out anything but HOG/adventure games and there were days and days in a row where there were no games I might like. I don't just play HOG games, but even the games of other types seemed to be rather poor examples of each genre. It's too bad that some of us are always disappointed no matter what the game type is, but that's life!

[Post New]by quick_sand8 on Nov 1, 09 2:19 PM
Well....to each his own they say....cause' I can't stand time management games!!!
I like the mellow hidden object games, MCF series etc. The graphics are Spectacular in my opinion, I love to paint and quite good, but can't even come close to the artwork in hidden object games!!! Like I said, to each their own. Just saw the screenshot of the new MCF game coming soon, and CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by triston6 on Nov 1, 09 2:21 PM
No i luv them very much that is all i really play

MargB
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by MargB on Nov 1, 09 2:27 PM
Lol Flying Sqirreley. Maybe the Big Fishies should open a helpline for us HOG addicts. Heaven forbid that they ever do away with them, I couldn't stand going cold turkey!!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 1, 09 2:43 PM
I, too, LOVE both HOG and IHOG games!! They are my all time favorite. I wouldn't mind a match-3 game, once in awhile, but most all of those are timed. I don't do well with timed games at all. I would like to see some UNTIMED match-3 games. However, the HOG games, especially the interactive ones, will always my favorite.

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 2:43:53 PM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 1, 09 3:10 PM
I though this thread was for reviewing the acrual games and chit chat was for other comments, Only the people that want to play the game and want to find out what others thought of it first.
I do not even go into threads for ARCADE MATCH THREE & TM as they are not my style of games.

Cheers
lineck Oh I love this type of game more of them please BF

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 4:16 PM
My first pc games were word games, because before pc I was a crossword puzzle addict with monthly book and pencil. Nobody to play Scrabble with. I was so happy to find word game for pc. But there just aren't enough things developers can do with an alphabet, most are clones. No good one since Big Kahuna Words. No good challenging M3 since BK2Chainz. THEN I tried MC Huntsville and was so much fun.

I quit my other club and came to BF for HE Titanic and Prime Suspects, and was so hooked, word games bore me now. And BF let us save credits, I have so many junk games I had to buy or lose a credit on another site.Then HOGs evolved to IHOG and adventures, peeps loved the puzzles and many now are mostly complicated puzzles with walkthroughs and less HOG in a game.

Now peeps scream too many puzzles, no skip buttons, no relaxed. Or, too easy, too short (nobody complained Huntsville was too short did we?) Players have evolved to higher difficulty and want more challenges. Except a lot of seniors like me who just want to relax, not relive our rushed complicated lives of past days.
BF also needs to keep their base market, women 35-60 (and I'm way over that).

Something for everyone, and I hope BF sells as many games as they can to stay in business or we're alll in intervention and withdrawals. After these promos now I check each day and hope no more HOGs for awhile so I have some grocery money left.

I've bought and loved all the Virtual Villager games and they keep me so entertained when no new games I want or can't afford more. I can interact with them, stay or exit on pause and revisit between other games. I like old M3s and a few innovative ones like 4 Elements and Paradise Quest are welcome here, just not enough diferent ones. I liked $2.99 Runic, something to shoot at when frustrated, like "I'm out of estrogen and I've got a gun" pacifies me til the next good HOG. Think I'll start another Village til I can afford to stock up on groceries again.

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 4:20:52 PM PST

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Nov 1, 09 4:34 PM
I love the HIdden Object Games. I would like to see more of them but I can understand that others who don't like maybe because there boring or like the Ravenhearst games that you can't go back and do it again once your finish with the game without creating a new player for the game.

I have a variety of games that I play. but honestly the ones that I play are mostly HOG games, like Ravenhearst & Return to Ravenhearst, Madame Fate among others, and also two time management games, like Be Richer and Plan it Green and that's it.

So bring on the Hidden Object Games....

egoheater
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by egoheater on Nov 1, 09 5:29 PM
I love HOG games and any games that have this variation, but I do wish more of the mini games had the option to skip I don't know if it is my computer or the game but sometimes it won't let me do things ,latest problem in cassandra's puzzle would not let me rotate ,and you can't get out of the puzzle or move forword. Just my little Rant but keep the HOG's coming

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Nov 1, 09 5:33 PM
AHA! Soooo, how do I find which games are IHOGs? Don't care for the "dark" HOGS but really enjoy otherwise. Have never tried the Adventure games or the long ones w/o free trial. Have tried the Nancy Drew but get confused too easy.Thanks for suggestions.

fstar
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by fstar on Nov 1, 09 5:45 PM
I looked at the "TOP 50 DOWNLOADS" and quickly went through and counted what type of games there were. 1 - Match 3, 1 - Arcade, 4 - Strategy, 7 - Time Management, 11 - Adventure and 26 - Hidden Object. That is what all of the thousands of people, that use Big Fish Games, have decided to download the most. That shows that Hidden Object Games are prefered over all the other types of games Big Fish has to offer. Some of the Adventure games are a combination of Hidden Object too. They still offer all the other types of games but more of the more popular game. If Big Fish offered more of the Match 3 games then of anything else can you imagine how many customers they would loose? There just isn't as much of a call for the other types of games. Big Fish still offers them and they offer the best of them that there is.

Edited on 11/01/2009 at 6:02:01 PM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Nov 1, 09 5:47 PM
FrankMorgan wrote:AHA! Soooo, how do I find which games are IHOGs? Don't care for the "dark" HOGS but really enjoy otherwise. Have never tried the Adventure games or the long ones w/o free trial. Have tried the Nancy Drew but get confused too easy.Thanks for suggestions.

I suggested a while ago that they make a separate category for IHOGs (and one of the moderators agreed to pass the suggestion along to whoever makes that decision), but until then we're all kind of stuck with doing the 1 hour demo and/or reading other players' reviews.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 1, 09 5:50 PM
You can always go to the game thread title All Games Forums and find the players' reviews and comments. Usually mentions type of game and difficulty, hard to see darks etc pros and cons.

Or, new released are usually on the general daily forums. Players are quick to share their experiences and opinions. Maybe there will be a new genre of IHOG as well as plain ole HOG, and/or adventure. Seems to me HOG adventure means interactive. If you don't care for challenging puzzle mini games you can decide if a title is for you. I mostly trust the player's comments but demo them myself too.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 1, 09 6:20 PM
Count me in on the side of the hog lovers...I can't get enough of them. And I do think the numbers add up. I said once that I would love to see a breakdown of the various genres of games and the buyers. I do think that hogs do come out on top. HOGs sell and that is the bottom line, don't ya think? Bring em on, BF and you have my dollars.

Realized I wrote venues, instead of genres....had to come back and change, it lol.

Edited on 11/03/2009 at 12:48:33 AM PST

Go to: