Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by casey652008 on Dec 22, 15 7:09 PM
i also use xp, and i played from another site with no problem. i dont think any specific os is the problem, because someone with 8.1 and 10 couldnt play either.

[Post New]by gdc123 on Dec 23, 15 6:09 AM
well. glade to see its not only me with problems. i know that doesnt help. what i dont like is the generic response. do i get a credit or refund. thats my question.

i really like this game site. been here a while and want to purchase others

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 23, 15 12:33 PM
I'm another XP user, and the game won't work for me either. I just get a black box that flashes up for a second, I don't have time to read what it says...and then nothing...even if I press ctrl/alt/delete to see what's going on, there's nothing showing ie. it's not even "not responding".

Hope they can fix it, luckily for me I haven't bought it yet, it was only the demo

Christmas Wonderland 4 is working fine

[Post New]by nannaroper on Dec 23, 15 9:18 PM
nannaroper wrote:
pita1234 wrote:OK, this is interesting. I also have XP and couldn't play. However, it was available from another gaming site today and it plays just fine - so it's NOT because of Windows XP![/quote

Took your advise Pita 1234, went snooping around, found another gaming site, down loaded, had a wonderful hour playing, as you said NOT WINDOWS XP, I just want to play the game I paid for.

Just update, I got a coupon from BF to replace game, went back to the other game site and bought it, like a petulant child, I had to have it, playing like a dream, so I dont understand what the problem is, no explanation from BF, at least I know it's not WINDOWS XP.

[Post New]by oldman2 on Dec 24, 15 2:11 PM
i keep getting error code 809 when trying to start this game. dwnload, and installation are fine..
i am running windows xp home edition 32 bit, with i e 8. all sp`s are installed.

christmas wonderland 6

mamajambo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mamajambo on Dec 26, 15 5:40 PM
I waited all year for this game, I have all the others and Windows XP...the game will not load.
I get a message that flashes by so fast I can't read it and the screen goes back to where I started. I hope someone takes pity on us old XP users and gives us a fix...
Someone out there please help!

covedon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by covedon on Dec 27, 15 8:55 AM
mamajambo wrote:I waited all year for this game, I have all the others and Windows XP...the game will not load.
I get a message that flashes by so fast I can't read it and the screen goes back to where I started. I hope someone takes pity on us old XP users and gives us a fix...
Someone out there please help!

It has nothing to do with XP because I have XP and couldn't get the one on Big Fish to work. I either got a quick flashing dos box, then nothing, or a dll error.

Yet I downloaded the game from another site and it worked perfectly with no problems at all. If it was an XP problem no gaming site's download would work. I did contact the developers (Casual Arts) on this problem and they assured me they are working on it with Big Fish. I don't have too much faith in a fix being done, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Dec 31, 15 5:00 PM
On Dec 10 I sent this to BFG: I downloaded the trial version of Christmas Wonderland 6 yesterday. I have versions 1 thru 5 and no issues.

With Christmas Wonderland 6 I have 2 issues:

1. The picture is jittery and jumpy. This is an issue I have had recently with some other games and I don't know if there is a fix for it.
2. The picture is larger than my monitor so that the buttons for the menu are all off screen and inaccessible preventing me from trying to change options to see if there is any improvement. This problem is one I have had with a few other games recently, but this is the first time I have had both issues with the same game. I don't know whether there is a fix for this problem either.

I have a pc running Windows 8 and my monitor is Samsung.

I included a Dr Felix report. I also got a canned reply with game coupon saying "we can't get to you yet. Try these options" I already tried those options before I wrote them, So they wouldn't think my problem was solved, I wrote them again. Again I got a canned response with 2 game coupons saying "we can't get to you yet try the same options we sent you before." Yeah, I tried those options already.

I emailed them a third time and got no response. I just want to know is my problem solvable or not? Is it an issue that is being worked on or not? Apparently BFG hopes to give us free games so we will go home and quit bothering them.

I am very unhappy with them right now.

[Post New]by EGKuser on Jan 2, 16 3:24 PM
After the helicopter cabin, there is a message about displaying more locations more quickly, with one of those big arrows. I can't get rid of it so I can continue the game.

boop
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by boop on Jan 10, 16 6:09 AM
bought the game keeps crashing iam getting angry i have bought a lot of big fish games so i would like u to fix it please.

jmf1939
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jmf1939 on Jan 13, 16 11:48 AM
I posted this before when I am playing and I put my cursor on the item and try to get it i get kicked out and my computer freezes and I have to go to task manager and then when I get into the game I have to start all over I have windows 10 any ideas

[Post New]by mvernon on Jan 17, 16 5:49 PM
I have Windows 7 and I am experiencing the same issues. It is not our computers, it is the game. I do not want options to purchase other games, I want a refund. I will not purchase games in the future from BFG.

[Post New]by esullivan61 on Jan 26, 16 8:40 PM
I was finally able to get Christmas Wonderland 5 and 6 running on my wife's machine (Vista Pro): I was seeing the same type of errors as already reported in the forum, such as access violations, exception errors, etc.

For some reason, the BigFish Game launcher isn't launching the application in administrator mode. I created a desktop shortcut directly to the christmas6launcher.exe file, then in the compatibility settings I chose "always run this program in administrator mode". It runs perfectly now, and as I said, the fix also works for Christmas Wonderland 5.

Strangely, it's still not possible to launch either game from the BF Game launcher, but my shortcuts work fine. No idea what's going on with that...

Good Luck

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by nothead123 on Mar 12, 16 12:05 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I have already paid for this game but I cant play it because you want me to pay again please help

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 6 here

[Post New]by nothead123 on Mar 12, 16 12:09 PM
nothead123 wrote:
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I have already paid for this game but I cant play it because you want me to pay again please help
how do you get help for this game

Go to: