Re:Wisegal comments and reviews

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Nov 5, 09 1:33 PM
Well, I finished the demo.....I had some time on my hands as I am at home with a cold. It's not a game that I would buy.....not enough challenge....just the same old. over and over again.

deejac
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by deejac on Nov 5, 09 1:38 PM
Glad I tuned in thought I was just doing to many HOGs and was losing interest but seems lots more thought it was on the boring side. First time ever I have not completed a demo, still can't really complain cause there have been a lot of really good ones, so we can allow one to slip through the net.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Nov 5, 09 2:10 PM
Well I came in here to ask if anyone else has the problem I get with this game but no one has mentioned it and oh dear, reviews are not good are they?

Just in case anyone knows how to fix this I'll explain what happens:

When I play the game I get the message "Attention: Input Not Supported" floating about on screen. The game is running fine but obviously very hard to play with this floaty thing going on.

Thanks if anyone can help.

mews

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on Nov 5, 09 4:47 PM
Had lots of potential Good story line. Would have been good for the novice HOG player had the items not have been so small and the objects to find so repetitive. For the experienced HOG player, too easy. Didn't even have to use hint once. Had to rely a lot on clicking around because the items got to be so small once you got into the third scene. Also, too much hand holding for the more experienced player as it told you exactly where to go next. And yes having to click "Next" every couple of seconds was annoying. These aspects really distracted from what good have been a good game. Instead, rather boring.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Nov 5, 09 7:53 PM
BORING!!!!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 5, 09 11:59 PM
I don't mnd smalller HOs b/c it's more of a challenge, esp when things are in proper proportion & can be found in expected places (not a whole lot of oversized hot pink tricycles on the ceiling going on here). I thought the graphix were decent as well. My objection was to the fact that with small items apparently the developers didn't think they required a larger clickability area for them. You had to be dead center on something to grab it, even those scene clips; those were irksome to catch & far too many of them.

And I love how when they're stuck for dialogue, a new character just shrugs off someone poking around a casket & shrugs & says you go ahead & look around honey I'm busy LOL Puhleeze.

The music was rather montone & soporofic. I actually had to stop after about 11 min & come back later b/c I was drowsing off.

The hint system refilled quickly but it also hinted quickly & sometimes was hard to catch b/c it went away so fast, esp when things were at the bottom of the screen.

It wasn't horrible for a straight-up HOG, just had a few irritating elements that, when combined, doesn't make me care if she finds Nino or not.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 6, 09 6:33 AM
I am always disappointed when a hidden object game turns out to be a search the clutter game. This is not the case with Wisegal, however...the few objects they do ask you to find are out there in plain sight. No clutter, objects are usually found in the places you would expect to find them. for me, I doubt I will buy the game, as 40 mins in the trial and I am bored. I did enjoy the graphics. They are clean and colorful and interesting enough to keep me in the gasme thism long.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 8, 09 9:14 PM
I haven't bought the game...but in a drought, like always, I will probably have to go back to it. I am so addicted to hogs and wish I could be optimistic that new good ones are always coming...know what I mean?

elaineNM
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by elaineNM on Nov 13, 09 8:33 AM
I am in trouble, cannot find a final key for a door that requires 4 keys, can anyone help??

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Jan 9, 10 7:30 AM
I just finished the demo and my apologies...but I didn't find it very good. It is a very basic **** game....not challenging at all. I found the **** items to be too small - some of them could hardly be seen at all. I'm afraid I wouldn't be using my game credits on this one or spending any money. I think I have been spoiled by some of the absolutely amazing games such as Dire Grove, The Drawing, Mystery Files games and the list goes on.

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on Jan 7, 11 3:06 PM
Unfortunately I wasted a freebie coupon on this travesty. Now I know why I never heard of the movie. If it was half as abysmal as the game, it should never have been made.

My main complaints, of which there are many, are the following five (some spoiler alerts here, so be forewarned).

1) How many bugging devices or photographs do you need at any one location? One or two I can see, but eight or ten...REALLY?

2) I HATE SPOT THE DIFFERENCE GAMES. To have to do one in every third scene is annoying. The mini games are dull and repetitious beyond belief.

3) The items you are trying to find are a) microscopic and b) look nothing like what they are supposed to be. Keys are simply little blobs.

4) I hate having to click "NEXT" every time a character says something. Just make it that I can click the screen and move on.

5) And this is what irritated me the most I think. Lack of great graphics. This game had such great possibilities. But to keep going back to the same 5 locations OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.....well you get my point, was just mind numbing.

All in all, I'm sorry I wasted a free game on it, but I would have really hated wasting a Game Club Credit on it. If you want a reallly cool HOG game with lots of great mini-games, this isn't it, so save your money.

[Post New]by BrittysMom on May 25, 11 9:41 AM
this game is very BORING! i played the trial a long time ago and yesterday made the dumb mistake of using a credit 2 buy it....waste of a credit!!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 29, 11 2:38 PM
Looked like it had potential, but was pretty boring. Might be okay for a person beginning hidden object games, the scenes are pretty easy and short hint cooldown. The music doesn't seem to fit at all though. Never heard of the movie, so maybe the music is from there, but it doesn't do anything to pull you in to the game.

esvans
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by esvans on Jun 1, 11 10:47 AM
ok, so I'm one of the suckers who bought it ....
just because there wasn't anything else left that I had not already played and / or bought.

It's not great, but not half as bad as some people make it sound !!

My biggest complaint is :
when you get really stuck there is no alternative way to move on :

can't find the last difference in one of those many mini's ...
asked for a hint already 3 times, but can't tell where that points me to ...
no skip ... no walkthrough ...
so in spite of waisting my freebee I don't know if she finds her son ...hahaha

Go to: