Christmas Event 2015

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Christmas Event 2015

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 16, 15 2:08 PM
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Don't want to miss a limited item, on the day it gets here.

[Post New]by dylispet on Dec 16, 15 2:23 PM
Call me silly but can someone please explain to me how, and what, it means "to keep the quest open"? It was mentioned in a previous post and I tried to do it that way but I couldn't go anywhere else in the game without closing the quest. How do you keep the quest open and still have the ability to click anywhere else in the game?

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 2:36:23 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 16, 15 2:50 PM
Okay i'll call you silly. Hi Silly! Welcome to the forum. But you ask an important question nevertheless. So not so silly..
One must have another quest available to be able to hit "next quest button" on the quest "pop up".. So in this specific case save your daily quest by not clicking on it. Then open your "event quest". If it is a timed one it will say so. "Available only 24 hours" in red, or something like that. Go to where it takes you. Do the scene. Once the scene is done the an you have the item it sent you for the quest will pop back up again as usual. STOP, this part is CRITICAL, then you hit the bottom right button that says next quest or at the left the button that says previous quest.(ONLY HIT EITHER OF THOSE TWO BUTTONS). The event quest will close and be replaced by the prior or next quest in this case the daily. You now have an open event quest . Now click the X on the daily quest, since its not done it will go back to the left of the screen.. Nothing else will now pop up. You can go back to the scene you just played and the item will still be there for gathering. ALL YOU WANT! Just make sure when you are no longer going to play for the day go back, open the event quest and click OK on it.. You are done, the item will no longer be available.

If I missed anything give it 15 minutes and someone else more precise will give other tidbits I might have missed. If not I got it right.. Wee!! Either way once again welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger.

p.s. this keeping a quest open trick is doable for any quest you wish to repeatedly harvest the item. Once again, one must have another quest available for backup.. Got it? if not ask again...

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 2:56:02 PM PST

[Post New]by dylispet on Dec 16, 15 5:07 PM
Ahhhh Ok that all makes sense to me now Bluex thank you so much for your help ... I would also like to thank you for the warm welcome I received for dropping into the Forum for the first time. I frequently jump in here to read the posts but this is the first time I have actually asked a question. This is an extremely informative Forum and it is wonderful having an area where you can go to get a heads up or an answer to a question. I have also noticed quite a few fellow Aussies in here which is also a lovely sight to see. Being able to interact with a Person from anywhere in this world is totally awesome and I love it!!! Keep up the fantastic work that many of you do to help others playing this game. I know on many occasions I would have been stuck for life in the game had I not been able to find this Forum. Thank you so much to all the lovely People who post, and educate us so that we can advance further into the game.

Edited on 12/16/2015 at 5:11:01 PM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 17, 15 12:05 AM
Bluex wrote:one must have another quest available for backup

I gues nearly everybody has Odin quests open; so that should be no problem.

fanyolan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by fanyolan on Dec 17, 15 1:39 AM
hi all, the hoody appears in Oregon

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 17, 15 3:41 AM
Thanks, Fanyolan!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 15 5:56 AM
Want to point out that although we are asked to buy food for Billy Scrooge, we don't really give it to him. It remains in our inventory.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 17, 15 6:02 AM
Does anyone remember if the "theme" of this event the same as in 2013? Are the characters the same or did they create all this new? I don't mean the collectables, but the whole story line and queue of the quests.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 17, 15 6:32 AM
I can certainly remember buying the garlic bread for the boy two years ago.
If the storyline is indeed the same, I'm not optimistic about opening the mini-scenes.

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 6:39:33 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 17, 15 7:16 AM
Hi everyone, day 3 is here. The Christmas Story continues. We only see Thomas & Billy in their Scrooge's roles today.

There is only one quest today. The first part of the quest sent us to the store to buy clam chowder - COST 800 COINS. Then, for part 2, we had to take the meal to the Oldstein Bank where we had to do the HOS. There were 3 Christmas items on the reward bar. I was in picky mode - all 3 items dropped. Please note: The quest DID NOT OPEN THE MINI SCENES.

That was it for the day. I will admit to feeling somewhat deflated.

Event Quests Progress: 5 / 24.
Achievement Progress (Achievement icon):
Shovel Snow 100 times. TICKED.
Complete a Christmas special quest. TICKED.
Complete 7 Christmas special quests. 5 / 7.
Complete 12 Christmas special quests.
Complete 24 Christmas special quests.
Complete all Christmas collectibles. 0 / 4.

See you tomorrow when I report in.
Dot

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 17, 15 8:50 AM
Oh good grief, they are NOW torturing us with anticipation!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 17, 15 9:04 AM
LOL, Blue.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 15 9:24 AM
Bluex wrote:Oh good grief, they are NOW torturing us with anticipation!

You're torturing yourself, blue. Those mini scenes are going to remain locked. Too bad BZ didn't spend time writing quests to unlock them instead of giving us those 3 new useless glitched cities.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 17, 15 9:32 AM
Now I am no dreamer, but a person can have hope till its done with and over... And I sure am hoping we are all wrong...If not a pfffft, a pox on their house and a big loud, NEXT!

Edited on 12/17/2015 at 9:32:49 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 15 9:39 AM
Bluex wrote:Now I am no dreamer, but a person can have hope till its done with and over... And I sure am hoping we are all wrong...If not a pfffft, a pox on their house and a big loud, NEXT!

I'd rather be a realist and be pleasantly surprised if we can unlock them.

I think the only 'new' things they did to the recycled events is move some of the collectibles to different cities (probably couldn't remember where they had put them the first time) and they gave us Odin's quests.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 17, 15 9:41 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:I can certainly remember buying the garlic bread for the boy two years ago.
If the storyline is indeed the same, I'm not optimistic about opening the mini-scenes.

Did you have to buy the garlic bread this time around? When we replayed Valentine Day, anybody who had already bought the food a quest asked us to purchase the previous Valentine Day, received the green checkmark immediately after accepting the quest.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Dec 17, 15 9:44 AM
Yep, I had to buy it.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 17, 15 10:48 AM
No I didn't have to buy it, I still had one in inventory and the quest gave me credit for it.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Dec 17, 15 11:22 AM
Oh... you're right, that must be the reason: I did not have one in my inventory.

Go to: