littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Dec 14, 15 7:50 AM
Same issues as others getting access violation code 0x720469A8 when capturing the soul in the school room, froze and unable to play any further. Using Windows 7 64 bit. Please get a fix or looking for a refund. Good game up until that point.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kazaskud on Dec 14, 15 12:02 PM
I am in the School Room and it has frozen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still frozen. Every time I go back into the game the screen gets darker and darker. I was enjoying this game too. Not happy. Using windows 8.

[Post New]by kwbrown2007 on Dec 14, 15 2:14 PM
The game freezes when I get into the music room, at the arrange the books part. I have to go to task manager, to get out. This is hard on my computer. Can I get a refund, if no solution is out there ???

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Dec 14, 15 2:42 PM
Also frozen in the school room with the piano. MacBook Air, OSX El Capitan. When will we see a fix??

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Dec 14, 15 3:15 PM
I hadn't played a HO game for a long time, but I always liked Vendel games . ( the purring cat ) but this game is a hot mess !! It seems I have made it further than most of you, but now the hint button has quit working, inventory items have disappeared, the map is totally useless .

My game didn't freeze up like most of you, but the items in the inventory regularly froze up.

[Post New]by afrodity on Dec 14, 15 6:31 PM
The issue that I am having is that I need certain items from the children's cubbyholes/lockers, but the game won't let me access them anymore since I placed the angel emblem and received the item(s) out of Rebecca's locker. I am supposed to move the easel out of the way, but I am unable to do so. Everything ran smoothly up until this point. I'm stuck. Can we get a patch, etc.? The game has the right amount of well-placed jump scares that I don't want to miss. We need a fix--NOW!

bluesycat
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by bluesycat on Dec 14, 15 7:56 PM
Slightly different problem but just as frustrating. Running OS X El Capitan on Mac Book Pro. Twice this has happened deep in the game. I find a reel for the camera, load it and start to watch the movie. The game crashes in the middle of the movie and when I restart, the reel is gone from the camera and from the inventory and the only way to continue is to start over as a new player. Not fun when you've been playing for 3 hours!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated video drivers. Nothing seems to fix this and I really don't want to start over.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Dec 15, 15 12:04 AM
Does the developer even read this? I have these crash problems with the last 3 (including this) Spirit of Revenge games, which also lags incredibly, eventhough my computer can run MUCH more demanding games like GTA V without any hickups. System Windows 10 Home, AMD Radeon R 290 x gfx card. All drivers up to date.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 15, 15 8:10 AM
I'm on a imac using maverick and it froze on me as I was climbing the wall (playing demo) I had to shut down my computer ! I do not like shutting down my computer ! It looked intriguing but I will not play it again

meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meldan5 on Dec 15, 15 9:10 AM
My game also froze yesterday in the school room after I drew the Pictures on the chalkboard. I can still move the cursor around but I can't do anything or click on anything like the menu button. I tried again this morning and I'm still stuck in the same spot. I have a new Dell Inspiron 5558 running Windows 10. This is the third game in a week I've had troubles with! Very Frustrating!!

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re: Hint button quit, no teapot

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Dec 15, 15 1:12 PM
Got all the way to the carnival, and then not such good luck. The teapot never entered inventory, so I can't do the steam. Never got the cover for the illusion powder, and therefore I cannot progress at all. The hint button died. SG still works.

Solutions anyone? (FYI, Win 7 professional 64 bit)

[Post New]by klagstad on Dec 15, 15 1:43 PM
Running Win 7 64bit with up to date drivers.

Stuck in the classroom. Solved the book puzzle, but the instructions won't drop from the bottom of the screen, meaning I can't get to the chalk in my item list. I can only leave using the map. If I try to skip the (now completed) puzzle everything freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out of the game. An uninstall/reinstall did nothing to fix the problem.

[Post New]by msflyangler on Dec 16, 15 6:33 AM
Same thing. Running WIndows 8.1 64 bit. No problems with other games but this one freezes around the time I get into the school. Have re-started 3 times. Not a happy customer.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Dec 16, 15 6:54 AM
Big Fish , Vendel , are you reading these posts ?

[Post New]by rosierosebud on Dec 16, 15 9:27 AM
the mini game of the star constellation will not close so I can not get to my inventory in that scene. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by luluofalaugh on Dec 16, 15 10:27 AM
I am running Windows 10 and all my drivers are up to date. We usually play games on in the hardest mode, without any clues or hints....but I finally gave in and looked in the strategy guide for the teapot....which I can see but cannot access. Also tried the hint button to see if that would help, but that is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game.....but nothing helped.

Very frustrating as I am near the end of this game.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Dec 16, 15 11:09 AM
cheekyoops wrote:Big Fish , Vendel , are you reading these posts ?

Good question. The frustrating part is that there's a large group (myself included) all of whom have listed their operating systems (PC and Mac) that have the game freeze in the classroom. But those who've gotten beyond this ALSO have a multitude of issues. We're told that we shouldn't expect the moderators to pass things on to get them resolved -- so are we expected to write the same information here AND to customer support. I think Cheekyoops has a great point. Why don't the vendors and customer support read these posts??

[Post New]by Xanthippe19 on Dec 16, 15 1:53 PM
I had exactly the same Problems and additionally it wouldn`t let me access certain Areas. I have fixed it for me (so far :-)) by running this game as an Administrator. to do this go to Explorer, make sure (under file Option) that you can view hidden files. access the appropriate file (in my case under program x86 ...) and right click the .exe file. select run as admin. I hope this helps you all. Good luck and merry Christmas.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Dec 16, 15 3:55 PM
Having the same problem as several others. Windows 10. When I try to use the map the game freezes and the only way out is ctrl+alt+delete.
Please send us a fix for these bugs. Good game otherwise

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Dec 16, 15 5:51 PM
luluofalaugh wrote:I am running Windows 10 and all my drivers are up to date. We usually play games on in the hardest mode, without any clues or hints....but I finally gave in and looked in the strategy guide for the teapot....which I can see but cannot access. Also tried the hint button to see if that would help, but that is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game.....but nothing helped.

Very frustrating as I am near the end of this game.

Same problem I had (well at least I'm not alone). Clearly, their testing process is failing. I understand that they cannot possibly test for every single configuration on personal computers, but when this many people are having exactly the same problem across platforms, it's a testing and programming fail.

Go to: