The Dracula Files

kath70
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:The Dracula Files

[Post New]by kath70 on Nov 10, 09 11:24 AM
Pretty crap game really dark, can hardly see graphics properly, but I keep trying it but where is this number 8, i tried adding up and subtracting on the calculator to get it but to no avail aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

[Post New]by VladimirDraco on Nov 10, 09 11:42 AM
Hey gang, the version of the Dracula Files that was released this weekend on Big Fish is NOT the right version. We discovered that some video cards are processing the shadows incorrectly. To get a little technical, if the card is not able to process the designated color, it chooses the one it thinks is closest, and invariably, it is choosing a much darker color, causing many objects to literally become lost in the shadows. If the video card works, the scenes really do look crisp, so I'm sorry some of you have been experiencing problems. This version of the game was not supposed to see the light of day.

We are hoping the new version will be available by the end of the month. For those who have problems with darkness, I hope you will give it a look. We are also removing the calculator, since it has been a barrier to entry for some (but if you want to solve it, hit 4+4=, then click on the 8 in the calculator). Now, we won't be able to change the art style of the characters at this point, but we have gotten good comments on the story underneath, so I hope you can give it another chance. You can however skip dialogue completely by hitting ESC.

I appreciate all the constructive feedback. We take the Pond's opinion seriously which is one of the reasons why we reached out to some individuals from around these parts during this game's development. If we are lucky enough to do a sequel, rest assured we will be looking at your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

[Post New]by mcdle1 on Nov 11, 09 6:11 PM
help I can not find the 8 on the first place is there any one that can help me , I can't say if I like it or not......................Mc

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 11, 09 10:03 PM
mcdle1 wrote:help I can not find the 8 on the first place is there any one that can help me , I can't say if I like it or not......................Mc

There's a puzzle that will produce the 8, but it's not very intuitive.

There's a topic in this forum that will explain it, or you can just check the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. It includes screenshots, so it's easy to follow.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then choose the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by mcdle1 on Nov 18, 09 12:30 PM
thank you Robin 94122

[Post New]by jcsmith6347 on Feb 19, 10 4:56 AM
Norton kept stopping this game and I decided to uninstall it.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Oct 19, 11 7:46 AM
The hidden object scenes were challenging - mostly because of the size of sceen area . . . I didn't like the story or the cartoon characters that much, mostly becasue the cartoony scenes were such an abrupt juxtaposition to the hidden object scenes . . .

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 7:47:07 AM PST

Go to: