Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews

[Post New]by Aldenya on Nov 10, 09 9:13 PM
I know it seems redundant at this point, but I just thought I'd add my two cents. I am also enjoying this game thoroughly. I have difficulty sitting through Hidden Object Games that have no plot and no varieties in game play, but this one, with its constant breaks to change your garden, the mail, phone calls, and interactions, is both adorable and entertaining. While it does get slightly boring because there are only fifteen rooms, the complexity of the hiding places increases as well as the impatience of the buyers (in timed mode), so the game remains challenging even if you have played a certain room a number of times. Plus occasionally, the rooms are slightly rearranged, so that is another way to keep you on your toes.

As one poster said, it did turn my screen saver off, so I had to turn it back on, but other than that I have no complaints, especially since I have now devoted several hours to this game and I have still not finished. Well worth my game credit.

[Post New]by polyperchon on Nov 10, 09 9:49 PM
I thought this was cute game. The graphics are really good and it has some fun touches (like naming the dog). I didn't really enjoy the Time Management aspects though, which is most of the game, so I doubt I'll be buying.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 10, 09 11:11 PM
Lovely game...A light plot to keep players interested...Hints are different - showing how the items look, instead of just pointing them out...Adorable characters

Verra cool

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Nov 10, 09 11:13 PM
polyperchon wrote:I thought this was cute game. The graphics are really good and it has some fun touches (like naming the dog). I didn't really enjoy the Time Management aspects though, which is most of the game, so I doubt I'll be buying.

Hi Polyperchon and welcome to the pond. The game has a relaxed mode which is untimed. Go into Options and change from timed to relaxed. I love TM games but sometimes the short times to "pass" a task keeps me from enjoying them. Also, I have hand/wrist issues and so can't click as fast as I once could. If you visit the pond and read through the game forums you will see fishies are always advocating for untimed/relaxed modes so that all can enjoy the game/s. The developers of this game listened and gave us the option so if that is the only thing holding you back from buying this one give the relaxed/untimed mode a go. Happy gaming and enjoy!

[Post New]by sheltiestar on Nov 10, 09 11:14 PM
I am loving this game. I want to stay up and play but know I will regret it in the morning. The dog is adorable and love playing with him. I love to decorate and this is so much fun. Also, the objects are not blinding me trying to find them. This is such an adorable , fun game. Thanks Big Fish.

Re:Gardenscapes comments and reviews SPOILER ALERT

[Post New]by Bloodrosewitch1 on Nov 11, 09 12:03 AM
i, I really do love the game and have enjoyed it up to this point. I think that some people may find it offensive when you get to the flashlight request, Yes find 20 flashlights that were taken by the owner from a "THIEF" who has been reformed. Great except for the fact that the avatar for this person just happens to be a "BLACK MALE" .! The smart remark by the house caretaker about locking the gate from now on just adds to the racial profiling or negativity that I hope we as people are trying to get past. Maybe there is another way, he could have been a local handy man who just loses things while working. Just not a thief! Thanks

Edited on 11/11/2009 at 12:09:45 AM PST

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Nov 11, 09 5:51 AM
This somehow gave me the idea that it was purely a TM game, which I dislike. Investigated further and discovered that it is in fact a HOG I played about 6 hours yesterday and still seem to have a very long way to go - lots of purchases still locked. I've been using untimed mode. Maybe I'll try it over again in 'timed'. An unexpected treat for me!

spunkypunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by spunkypunk on Nov 11, 09 6:13 AM
Love this game, but does it ever end? I also did not know what a "rapa whelk" was and knew what a whelk was, so googled it. Another outsourced game?

Spunky

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Nov 11, 09 6:18 AM
This is a very fun game and well worth the credit or money. It is beautiful, fun, long, and with a neat story line. No regrets here. Thanks Big Fish.

nec912
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Does it end?

[Post New]by nec912 on Nov 11, 09 7:02 AM
Has any-one finished this game or do you keep running sales?

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 11, 09 7:17 AM
Awww this is a cutie, reminds me of both Yard Sale Junkie & the Little Shops. I guess I'm girly enough to enjoy decorating LOL & it seemed as if once the garden was complete there was mention of gussie-ing up the house as well (which I would've done 1st as it was rather listing to starboard ROFL). Looks like it's going to be long so a nice bang for your buck as well.

Junkpile-y HOs in various rooms to sell to customers (thankfully they don't flounce off in a huff like they do in a lot of TM games if you don't find their stuff fast), graphix are OK, wasn't fussed w/ the music. It said you could change your mind on what you bought, but it wouldn't let me upgrade the doghouse once a new set of things to get appeared, so I guess you have to decide pretty fast if you want a change.

The only thing I didn't like so much was the Little Shops copycatting w/ the ?s, cameras, coins & thermometers; LS can get irritating w/ all the extra junk to find in addition to your list of HOs. I only went for the coins as the ?s were also like LS in that it merely showed a picture of what you were looking for, which I don't find helpful with "normal" items like books etc., & I don't like the helicoptering hot & cold thing & didn't need a camera hint b/c the HOs were pretty EZ to find. I played the demo in relaxed mode to see as much of it as I could w/o having do-overs if I ran out of time, so I'm not sure how generous the timed mode might be. This is a HOG that might appeal to the TM devotees as well w/ its similar elements.

My list gets longer by the day.....

PS> So what is it?

I also did not know what a "rapa whelk" was and knew what a whelk was

Edited on 11/11/2009 at 7:19:26 AM PST

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 11, 09 7:30 AM
Hi scarlet,
you do not have to "decide pretty fast" what to buy - you can easily re-decorate anything at any time - there's a button "DESIGN" in the left corner, which enables you to make any change you like
Happy gaming!

shekon
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shekon on Nov 11, 09 8:07 AM
A fun game; a great game. Played 10 minutes of the demo and bought it.
Haven't reached the part about the thief but doubt that racial profiling was meant. But, I would ask, if it were a white male then that would be okay? Maybe the butler did it.....
Will hope there will be a second game where one can fix up the house; the butler did say the steps were in need of repair.
What did others name your dog. Named mine BoBo.

pinkiii
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pinkiii on Nov 11, 09 8:52 AM
KitKat5169 wrote:Great HOG+. Unfortunately for me, I have graphic problems with it. Would buy if I only could get it to run.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 11, 09 12:03 PM
I'm really not saying anything different here. I am loving this game. Really good graphics which are bright and airy compared to the doom and gloom we've been getting in HOG just lately. The characters are cute - I love Austin and my dog, Dharma - and the plot line makes sense. It is a long game. After completing the main objectives in the garden then more appear. I have been playing this for hours now so how anyone can say that it only takes four hours is beyond me. I'm currently playing in relaxed mode so the replayability is obvious.
A few gripes - Sometimes the game plays slow, especially in the attic for some reason, and the chinking coins are my pet hate. Other than that an excellent game that I would recommend to anyone of any age.
Where is the cat though????????????

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 11, 09 1:28 PM
I love this game I thought oh another HOG but this is WONDERFUL !!!! I never get sick of watching the old man and the dog and just can't wait to get my garden looking wonderful, it is already looking pretty good. I love the HOG scenes and the items that move. From the posts I read that this is a very long game, I thought nothing would get me excited until the next RTR is released but this is just brilliant. I give it a

SammyDaviesJnr
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by SammyDaviesJnr on Nov 11, 09 3:06 PM
Oh well!...was trying to save this months credit for a little longer, but this was such fun and so wonderfully different than normal...I have HAD to use my credit up!!! Loved everything about it and hope that it is as long as other fishes say, as I was steaming along...the fact you can have a screensaver too though, makes my use of the credit even more worthwhile. Thank you! Looking forward to playing at a leisurely pace now, so I can enjoy it to the full!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Does it end?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 11, 09 4:10 PM
nec912 wrote:Has any-one finished this game or do you keep running sales?

I bought the game from the developer when it was first released - couldn't wait. It's a rather lengthy game just getting to the point where your garden is completely restored. After that point, you can continue running sales as long as you like. Every once in a while I'll get a repeat of a letter. I can't memorize the rooms because some of the items have multiple locations in the rooms.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Nov 11, 09 4:50 PM
This game might have been okay if every scene change didn't involve a loading time. Spent more time during the trial waiting for each scene to load.

[Post New]by wendylosangeles on Nov 11, 09 6:57 PM
what a sweet little game, i just loved the demo. About to use my game club credit to download the whole thing. Love the gardening idea and the yardsale to pay for it idea. and just so cute !! Two thumbs up !!

Go to: