Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 19, 09 4:24 PM
It seemed like I was seeing so many posts about problems that I decided I'd better start this game. I didn't want another disappointment like the EA Poe game glitch.

I really enjoyed the first case and although a couple of places were a little tricky, I didn't have any problems at all. It said I took 1.25 hr. to finish it although I don't know what it counts. I wasn't trying to hurry and I'd walk off. I also only found the typewriter keys that I noticed and the hints if I saw them. I used 4 and had somewhere in the teens left.

I thought it was much longer. I usually play things a little at a time but wanted to know if I was going to have problems. Not so far anyway and I did enjoy the game, although it wasn't difficult. It was better than I expected.

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

[Post New]by haggishead on Nov 20, 09 3:28 AM
Have finished the game with absolutely no problems. Thoroughly enjoyed MSW.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 20, 09 5:39 AM
The game doesn't count the time you take for the mini-games, only the hidden object part.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 20, 09 7:52 AM
Thanks for the info about the time counted, Mr_Russ. It certainly seemed as though I'd played much longer than their total.

I mentioned this in another thread but we recently got Netflix and I've been watching quite a bit on the computer. This series is available and I started watching the beginning ones, which were my favorites anyway since more of them were in Cabot Cove.

[Post New]by michelleedinger on Nov 20, 09 8:57 AM
nbarber11 wrote:I couldn't solve the jewelry in the first book. I skip but now I can't go forward. The hint button won't work either. How do I go forward?

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Nov 21, 09 3:23 AM
I just finished MSW and found it tto be one of the most delightful,well done, interesting and realistic **** games I have ever played (and believe me, I have played more than I care to admit!).
I wish more developers would find realistic settings as this did and have objects placed where they are usually in the real world and still make it challenging as this game did. Why do developers always return to Egypt or some damsel in distress world trek? This game was so refreshing and a great pleasure to play.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 21, 09 4:45 PM
I've tried this game for 17 minutes and have not had any problems, I watched Murder She Wrote and what is so good is that they haven't appeared to ruined what fans liked about the series. Well made game!

ladyluck54
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ladyluck54 on Nov 22, 09 10:55 AM
I cannot solve the jewelery puzzle it seems like the walkthrough doesn't comply with the puzzle

[Post New]by Fluffyyama on Nov 22, 09 12:13 PM
This game appears to have programming flaws. Book 2: Had to repeat the whole thing because, after solving a puzzle, the item continued to show as one to be found. Nothing got me past that point, so I redid the whole chapter. Book 3: same thing with footprints in the garage. Although I completed the puzzle (three times, I might add), footprints still shows as an item to find although there are none........any help? Obviously this game isn't quite ready for prime time. Until they are fixed, recommend waiting to buy the thing,.

how do you unblock the sink

[Post New]by ChristySue on Nov 22, 09 9:02 PM
folkdance wrote:
colette222 wrote:i have put the plunger together but it wont let me unblock the sink. is there a specific spot to plunge

I'm having problems with that too so I started another game using the timed version instead of the relaxed one. After holding the plunger over the left side - almost on the rim of the sink - and moving it up and down, the sink drained finally. That was in the timed version.

I tried the same tactic in the relaxed version and that sink still won't drain. I did send a email to support and I'm sure we will hear back soon.

Whren
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Whren on Nov 23, 09 9:03 AM
Yes yes yes ...I am having the same problem...can't get even the hour glass but for 2 seconds. Never had this problem with any other game....have you found out why? Got XP as well, plenty of memory as well

[Post New]by klatchis on Nov 23, 09 9:15 AM
PLEASE someone tell me why my demo will not open. I get a few blinks and a black screen then the game closes. I've upgraded everything I know to upgrade and have uninstallled and installed. Anymore suggestions?

how do you unblock the sink

[Post New]by vwozniak54 on Nov 23, 09 5:45 PM
sherheff wrote:
colette222 wrote:i have put the plunger together but it wont let me unblock the sink. is there a specific spot to plunge

I am having the same problem! I came looking for a solution. Very frustrating to have a problem this early in the game. Initially, I had trouble getting the plunger together, too. Is this a GAME problem, or a PLAYER problem?

did you find a solution for unclogging the sink?

[Post New]by carolsnellcyr on Nov 27, 09 12:44 PM
You have to go out and re-download the game....it will work then. I am stuck on finding the "license plates". Help?
Carol

[Post New]by carolsnellcyr on Nov 27, 09 12:47 PM
You use the plunger to unclog the sink. Carol

[Post New]by christie11 on Nov 28, 09 5:12 PM
Can someone tell me how to hang the red lanterns in book 3 as I can only hang one of the lanterns

[Post New]by nhladyfire on Nov 29, 09 8:01 AM
I have had no problem playing the game, but some of the audio is very choppy. Most is fine, but the choppy audio is usually at the end of each game.

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Nov 30, 09 8:08 AM
What a great game! Thoroughly enjoyed the stories and the gameplay.

Completed the relaxed version and now replaying in order to complete a scrapbook page. This is the way I get double the play value from each of my games. I use print screen to capture the page, and then paste it into picture manager. From there I crop, and then rename to place the images in preferred order. My scrapbook page for this game will include the title page, the books, the maps with the first place visited, and the scores. Score goal is 00 for hours, 0 for hints used, 0 for puzzles skipped, perfect for typewriter keys, and perfect for typewritter ribbons.

Help! Unable to move forward

[Post New]by nubee07 on Dec 8, 09 9:46 AM
Need Help!!!! I finallly solved the jewelry puzzle. However, I am unable to move forward because the screen is frozen on the tavern page. It says Items Left: 1. I have clicked all over the page and no items have been found. The menu also still says "Sort the Jewelry" which I've done. Nothing happens when I click "HINT". The only thing I can do is click on MENU. This is the second time I've reached this point. Has anyone come across this problem?

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 7:41:50 AM PST

Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum

[Post New]by tisherself1 on Dec 19, 09 5:45 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Murder, She Wrote forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Murder, She Wrote players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I am in the 3rd book and I found all the footprints did the mini puzzle but it won't let me continue. Keeps going back to the list and showing shoeprint to find. I ahve done it 4 times and still won't go futher.

Go to: