exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:The Mystery of the Crystal Portal comments and reviews

[Post New]by exact on Apr 3, 10 3:52 PM
Loved the game!! Great gaphics every scene. This one will be hard to top!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Apr 6, 10 10:04 AM
I too loved the game, but want to know if anyone has done the hard choice yet. I finished the game and it sent me to the harder one. I was pleased and started to play, but am having trouble with the checker boards where you have to place the colored marbles. Has anyone run into this and are there any solutions posted?
This stuff always turns me into - and then when it works out.
Help!

janinpa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by janinpa on Apr 6, 10 7:55 PM
Played half of the demo. Just couldn't get into this one. Very different. Great graphics and story, but difficult to get the jest of how to play it. First one I demoed and didn't buy. Might consider it later.

Jan

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Apr 17, 10 2:18 AM
I hate to turn down a DD so will probably buy for a rainy day. But for some reason, I can't stand the, what? radial objects? types of games. What is the point of moving the cursor around the screen to find one object and then searching for others? In the temple scene, I had already gone through three of the radial items and still didn't have any weights. Huh?

Yes, graphics are gorgeous, and I'm a sucker for those too. Just not a fan of Artogon's concept (they seem to be the only ones doing radial objects). But, it's a DD and that means a punch... sigh.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 17, 10 4:47 AM
minxs wrote:I hate to turn down a DD so will probably buy for a rainy day. But for some reason, I can't stand the, what? radial objects? types of games. What is the point of moving the cursor around the screen to find one object and then searching for others? In the temple scene, I had already gone through three of the radial items and still didn't have any weights. Huh?

Yes, graphics are gorgeous, and I'm a sucker for those too. Just not a fan of Artogon's concept (they seem to be the only ones doing radial objects). But, it's a DD and that means a punch... sigh.

You said it all. It is a DD and I need 1 more 4 my punch card this month.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Apr 17, 10 6:16 AM
Bought it and am downloading it right now. For $2.99, and after all the kids games recently, I cannot pass it up. I am currently playing Beyond the Horizon, and I like that one, so hopefully this one will be good also.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 17, 10 6:51 AM
I read the reviews and, as always, played the trial version so I could decide for myself - and for the DD at $2.99 - it was a buy for me. Love this type of game and wish I knew of more games like this one. Graphics are clear, love the radial-style search for objects, so it's my kind of game. Hope others at least give it a trial and find it worth purchasing as today's deal.

The Mystery of the Crystal Portal comments and reviews

[Post New]by floridarose2 on Apr 17, 10 7:52 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

[Post New]by floridarose2 on Apr 17, 10 7:55 AM
I love this game. I have ADHD, so it helps on my concentration.I have done all the mini puzzles thus far. However, I have been stuck on the clock for the last three days. I've tried every time there is..and have yet to hit the correct time. I don't want to delete this game, but unless I can get some help on it, I will. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 7:57:20 AM PST

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 17, 10 8:19 AM
Floridarose2 - when you go back to the home page of the forum for this game, there is a line item for a Walkthrough for this game. Click on that and find the point in the walkthrough where you're stuck and that might help you get that part figured out and you can be on your way playing again.

Good luck and happy gaming.

[Post New]by mansunthecat on Apr 17, 10 9:15 AM
I don't like hidden object games too much, but its description caught my attention. I downloaded the demo and I loved it, so I had to buy it! the graphics are great and the storyline is quite interesting, the only letdown is that the characters are a bit… plain? Music/sound effects could be improved too but they're ok; I think it's a great game anyway.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 17, 10 9:49 AM
As a DD, it's a definite buy for me. Bought one of the Treasure Seekers and did
enjoy it, still have one more on maybe list. I don't mind the radial lists, but in this
one, I'm having to use some hints to find where the radial lists are located. The cursor seems a little too touchy in changing to show where you need to look. And my arm gets tired just moving and moving the mouse to get the cursor to change.
Doesn't spoil my enjoyment too much, just resigned to choice of using hint or
dealing with sore arm.

As far as the young lady's attitude, this was 1928 and it would take a very assertive woman to be a reporter and travel the would alone.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 17, 10 1:20 PM
As a Daily Deal, it's a real winner.

At regular price, you can probably find games you'll like better. I prefer more items to look for at a time - I find that less frustrating. This was just a bit too much on the linear side for my taste. Played clear thru in one sitting though - could not put it down. On the flip-side it ends where you'd expect an inexpensive game to end. Doesn't seem like much replay value till you forget where things are again.

Nice ambiance and graphics though. Would certainly demo any sequels that come out, based on this one.

Some reviewers have said they didn't like Nicole's attitude. I didn't notice that - liked her just fine.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 1:32:23 PM PST

[Post New]by jeniwren on Apr 17, 10 7:32 PM
I loved this game also. I played the sequel first and when looking for more, guess it took me a while to spot this one. Both excellent in quality and was quite pleased when this one seemed to be coming to the end and then extended into a final challenge. Keep them coming.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 17, 10 7:35 PM
mansunthecat wrote:the only letdown is that the characters are a bit… plain?

Wait 'til you see the characters in the sequel!

[Post New]by mansunthecat on Apr 18, 10 7:10 AM
genkicoll wrote:

Wait 'til you see the characters in the sequel!

I must check it then and see how they "progress"!

I forgot to comment on the mentioned nonsense of the radial objects. I didn't find them so illogical while I was playing, objects in HOG are usually very randomly placed anyway! (e.g. statues in window panes, large books inside tiny jars, stuffed animals on rooftops, etc.) But as Nicole likes to complain of the messy state of the sceneries, I think the purpose of picking up random objects is to clear up the mess little by little in order to find the important elements. Having said that, I agree that a bit of realism in games is always welcome!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Apr 18, 10 3:41 PM
I wanted to buy this game since it was just $2.99 before I decided on whether or not to buy the second chapter and I'm glad I did.

This is the most BORING game I've ever played. Some of the objects are so tiny you can't even see them without using a hint, which takes longer and longer to recharge. And, if they aren't too small, they are so dark you can't see them.

I took time to read the reviews on the second chapter of this game and there are a LOT of people who feel the same way about it as I do this one, so I won't even waster my time to download it.

On a scale of 1 to 5, this one gets a 2. Sorry. It just stinks!

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Apr 18, 10 7:06 PM
Yesterday I demoed this game. It is very much like Treasure Seekers, which I did not like at all. I hated looking for the Radial lists to find the items but i bought the game as a DD. I love the Graphics and after a while i did not mind looking for the radial lists. I liked the Mini puzzles and i did not need a Walkthrough for them. I needed the Walkthrough to find the lever for the Secret passage at the airport. I was VERY frustrated in the father's room. I had no difficulty finding the Scrolls but when i put the scroll on the RIGHT PLACE on the ring, it would NOT stay. I tried at least 20 times. In the end i put the scrolls in the middle of the ring and they then went to the right place. I used several hints to find the last triangles. It was quite annoying that the Hints took a very long to recharge. I needed the walkthrough at the end (I was almost there). All in all i enjoyed playing the game, and for $2.99 it is definitely worth it. It is NOT one of my favourite games, but it is not bad at all. My latest favourites are Shop-n-Spree, Settlement Colossus and Enchanted Kingdom.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 21, 10 5:18 PM
I just finished replaying this game and found it every much as fun as the first time I played. I wanted to refresh my memory before playing part 2. I think Artogon have the most beautiful graphics of all games I have played. I bought this game on another site but when it was offered as the DD I decided to just buy it again to have it also in my Big Fish collection. Other gamers could take a lesson from Artogon.

rstc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by rstc on Apr 28, 10 10:39 AM
I just finished this game and found it very likeable....so once they get back home is this it? Or how do I get into the portal at the lower right side box?

Go to: