Big Fish owns the game.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Odin Quests FINISHED

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 30, 15 4:48 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Big Fish owns the game.

Yes, but a company can own a locked copy of software and have the right to sell it but not own the rights to modify it.

And I'm pretty sure it's against the Terms of Usage that we all agreed to for any of us to attempt to get into the software and modify it.

ETA:

Actually, I'm not really sure why this conversation is happening. Regardless of who owns what, the decision was made back in May - no more updates. BF has access to plenty of programmers, but they haven't bothered to fix even the simplest problems (such as spelling errors) in this game.

BF has transitioned to mobile games, a large part of their revenue comes from casual free to play mobile games, yet this game was never released for Android and never the iPad version was never updated. How much louder do they have to shout that this game is not a revenue producer?

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 5:11:33 PM PST

JoyousNewDayz
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by JoyousNewDayz on Dec 30, 15 5:43 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
Actually, I'm not really sure why this conversation is happening.
I'm with Saphire on this one. In one of my "lottery winning" dreams, I purchased the entire game and just paid the lot of you BIG MONEY to fix the game, finish the game, and take it further - to the moon and beyond.... how much fun would that time machine be?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 30, 15 5:52 PM
JoyousNewDayz wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:
Actually, I'm not really sure why this conversation is happening.
I'm with Saphire on this one. In one of my "lottery winning" dreams, I purchased the entire game and just paid the lot of you BIG MONEY to fix the game, finish the game, and take it further - to the moon and beyond.... how much fun would that time machine be?

Well, I imagine that BF would be willing to sell it to you for a million or two. Don't forget to win enough $$$ to cover the costs of a server.

Not sure I'd want to play. The idea of fixing a rocket ship and flying to Pluto to get building supplies for Fatima leaves me cold.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Dec 30, 15 6:15 PM
Haha! Just imagine how expensive that rocket fuel would be...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 30, 15 6:57 PM
Bluex wrote:Haha! Just imagine how expensive that rocket fuel would be...

I don't even want to think about how many times we'd have to fly to Mercury, Venus, and Mars (MVMing) to get enough fuel to fly to Pluto, Neptune and Uranus.

The last Ran would have to be an astronaut.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 30, 15 7:19 PM
Terms of use? Something on Big Fish Games or the specific game? If there is somewhere, saying we can't do it, that is fine. I was just thinking that if they let a small patch go through, to fix a few little things, that it might be nice.

silverslicker
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by silverslicker on Jan 3, 16 7:04 PM
ok here is the situation....Odin appeared on list of quests not completed and told me to bring all my stuff that was completed to this room.......not sure where the room is and don't know how to move things there...why doesn't he check each area himself since he's the one that wants it.....
How do I do this and what is included in them? Does he want all the things with a green checkmark? Could somebody please explain to me in detail what I need to do.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 4, 16 6:18 AM
If you have the green check mark that quest is done, accept the reward. The collection items are automatically sent to the warehouse, go in and see for yourself. The smaller items are in that desk drawer in there. Click on it to open.

JoyousNewDayz
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by JoyousNewDayz on Jan 4, 16 10:36 PM
Is there anything else that MUST be opened before the next holiday (Valentine's Day) in order to be working on Odin's Quests - other than have the Warehouse up to Level 3? I know you have to enter the Warehouse to engage Odin and begin his quests. I am just doing the AES compound now and am finding it rather tedious since this is where the developers must have quit putting effort into the game. So many more countries could have been opened for travel and that would have made a big difference in the enjoyment of gathering materials. I'd prefer going slowly on this section (working on the buildings between special events). So am wondering if there are other buildings/places I have to have opened and/or leveled to start having my Special Collectibles counted (& need to wait for another holiday event further down the road) or am I good with just the Warehouse Level 3 for now?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 5, 16 4:52 AM
Just the warehouse at level 3 to trigger the Odin quests. If one is on the countries then anything for Valentine's will be open.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 5, 16 8:45 AM
JoyousNewDayz wrote:Is there anything else that MUST be opened before the next holiday (Valentine's Day) in order to be working on Odin's Quests - other than have the Warehouse up to Level 3? I know you have to enter the Warehouse to engage Odin and begin his quests. I am just doing the AES compound now and am finding it rather tedious since this is where the developers must have quit putting effort into the game. So many more countries could have been opened for travel and that would have made a big difference in the enjoyment of gathering materials. I'd prefer going slowly on this section (working on the buildings between special events). So am wondering if there are other buildings/places I have to have opened and/or leveled to start having my Special Collectibles counted (& need to wait for another holiday event further down the road) or am I good with just the Warehouse Level 3 for now?

As long as you have the museum completed and customized to Pirate BEFORE the Pirate Day event begins, you're fine.

JoyousNewDayz
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by JoyousNewDayz on Jan 6, 16 11:11 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
As long as you have the museum completed and customized to Pirate BEFORE the Pirate Day event begins, you're fine.

Please correct me if I have any of these special event dates wrong or if am missing any:

Valentine's Day - February
Spring - April
Independence Day - July
Pirate's Day - September
Halloween - October
Thanksgiving - November
Christmas - December

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 7, 16 9:56 AM
Has anyone ever gotten to guru level on absolutely EVERYTHING (Museum mini-games, shop mini-games, crest, cities, AES collections, etc) that has also finished Odin quests?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 16 11:33 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Has anyone ever gotten to guru level on absolutely EVERYTHING (Museum mini-games, shop mini-games, crest, cities, AES collections, etc) that has also finished Odin quests?

I might have, if I hadn't restarted because I wasn't sure the hardware store would return with the snow. Now the forum is stuck with me for at least another 9 months.

There's 26 cities, 9 countries, 31 Museum minis, 21 AES collectibles, and 144 shop minis to complete for a total of 231 things to Guru. That total doesn't include the special Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine mini's in the shops. I know there's 2 Valentine Day shop minis and those remain there permanently, there was 3 Christmas shop mini that can only be played at Christmas, and I can't remember whether there was 2 or 3 Thanksgiving shop minis.

If I want to guru everything, I'm going to have to play until December. Just didn't want to use 1,818 mini game resources per mini game to do the Thanksgiving or Christmas minis when I only restarted Oct 1.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jan 7, 16 1:01 PM
Thanx TSue! That's what I'm working on...guruing the shops' mini-games...since I had plans on sticking around until Pirate's Day to complete Odin. Everything else is in Guru. BUT I forgot about getting those Thanksgiving and Christmas mini-games to guru! Guess I won't do a restart until AFTER Christmas if I can accomplish those also. Thank you again...off to collect resources!!!

Edited to add: DARN!...Forgot about those Zodiac rings in the museum...g-r-r-r-r-r

Edited on 01/07/2016 at 1:07:47 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 16 1:05 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Thanx TSue! That's what I'm working on...guruing the shops' mini-games...since I had plans on sticking around until Pirate's Day to complete Odin. Everything else is in Guru. BUT I forgot about getting those Thanksgiving and Christmas mini-games to guru! Guess I won't do a restart until AFTER Christmas if I can accomplish those also. Thank you again...off to collect resources!!!

After Christmas is probably a good time to restart. Gives you about a month and a half to get ready for Valentine Day.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Jan 7, 16 1:15 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really have to hand it to you ladies at the tenacity y'all have. Ughh I'd rather eat dirt than mess with all that (which I think I am being fed). Its enough I will have to be guruing to get Issa's stuff as is. Been at it for two days off and on now and I'm already getting stomach pains. Don't know if its Issa or this "new and improved" Tempeh the missus is trying to pass onto my person as food. Yuck. Its bad enough with the turkey bacon.

ALFHUG
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ALFHUG on Jan 7, 16 1:37 PM
I have checked back and found I did not get credits for the Pirate collections even though I completed all

I restarted on Sunday and am up to level 23 now I should be close to level 50 for Valentines day

Edited on 01/07/2016 at 1:40:29 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 16 2:01 PM
Bluex wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really have to hand it to you ladies at the tenacity y'all have. Ughh I'd rather eat dirt than mess with all that (which I think I am being fed). Its enough I will have to be guruing to get Issa's stuff as is. Been at it for two days off and on now and I'm already getting stomach pains. Don't know if its Issa or this "new and improved" Tempeh the missus is trying to pass onto my person as food. Yuck. Its bad enough with the turkey bacon.

So what else is there to do between the Spring event and Pirate Day?

Go to: