bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by bootsky on Nov 19, 09 4:07 PM
Played fifty mins of the demo, bought it, enjoyed it as much as the first!! Have been looking forward to a sequel didn't expect it to be same time, husband's perspective...excellent idea!!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 19, 09 4:14 PM
It is not at all clear what to do about the husbands blood pressure or what ramifications this will have.

I was sooo tempted to click like a lunatic & see if he'd drop dead or something from all that over-emoting & playing Superman LMAO

This is much easier than the original Escape the Museum & it's certainly less dark. The interactive bits are pretty simple to figure out, so bonus for no walkthru consultation needed b/c if you do get stuck the old guy tells you what to do by clicking on the information icon in the upper left. Now that is a good feature for an IHOG. HOs are also EZ to find so I don't know how many hints the old guy is good for. That thunderous suspenseful music from the original is gone as well (that got on my nerves). I was struck by the fact that not a single HOG has used an earthquake b4 b/c if there's any situation where junkpiles are natural, that's it.

Alas, David is a total dorkazoid. Sure, let's make a battering ram b/c the apt house door is locked instead of....knocking? He could've put Marcus's eye out LOL He's running around collecting strays & toys, yet he can't stuff a screwdriver in his pocket for later instead of making me rummage for another? I guess if he was sensible there wouldn't be much gameplay in it. His voice-acting reminded me of how Capt Kirk on the original Star Trek talked. Cheezy over-emoting at its finest!

If I'd gotten to the bridge missing parts, which I was b/c it didn't tell you to move things in scenes, I wonder what would've happened then? With all the direction this game gave, it missed directions for the most important thing.

Don't see why people are muttering "too many HOs" when 1) it's a HOG 2) there's only 2-3 small scenes for each interactive bit. I think that's a good balance. Any less & it would've been an adventure game. Go play those if finding objects isn't your thing.

It was an OK game, just nothing terribly spectacular & slightly dumbed down from the 1st one.

mymya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Escape the Museum 2... Level 24 HELP!

[Post New]by mymya on Nov 19, 09 5:32 PM
I JUST GOT THE GAME TODAY AND LOVE IT.... HOWEVER... level 24 on the bus... there should be a place to get the gum... I have searched and searched for a hot spot and there is NONE.. I finally went to the walkthrough.. sure enough it should be on the collar of the jacket but it is not there... I am sure this is huge BOO BOO, but I can't go any further this is fixed.. so now what??????????????

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Nov 19, 09 6:35 PM
Just finished it, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it should be...but it wasn't terribly easy, either. I really liked the side missions, and thought it was cute.

Overall, the game gets a "B" from me. It just didn't last long enough.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Nov 19, 09 7:03 PM
I haven't enough time to play the demo in one hour-long session, I'd play for 20 min. and then come back later for another 20 min. Unless I'm missing something, the game didn't automatically save my progress - everytime I went back to the game, I'd have to start at the scene where I had to find the dinky toys, even though I passed that chapter in my previous sitting.

I didn't get far enough into the game to consider buying it.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Nov 20, 09 7:36 AM
finished the demo, just cant make my mind up, to buy or not to buy that is the question, i feel there are just a few too many hidden object scenes, and found myself sometimes not knowing what to do next. some have said this is a fairly short game so dont like the sound of that, so will wait on further reviews. only bought one game this month feeling left out.

momb3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by momb3 on Nov 20, 09 9:48 AM
I'm having trouble finding the gum, too. I have looked at the walkthrough and it doesn't help.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 20, 09 11:44 AM
momb3 wrote:I'm having trouble finding the gum, too. I have looked at the walkthrough and it doesn't help.

You have to click on the pole near the wires and that will create a sparkle on the jacket...so click there to find the gum.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Nov 20, 09 11:53 AM
I've just finished this game and I still do not know if I liked it or not. I liked the demo enough to buy it but once I really got into the game I found that it was not very intuitive...at least not to me. I had to go to the blog several times and I could not do this while minimizing the game because it would wreak havoc with my computer...the screen kept flashing at a fast rate between the game and my homepage causing me to manually shut my computer down in order to make it stop. So, in order to use the blog, I had to quit the game...which lost my progress. I did not play the first one so I do not have anything to compare it with...I guess I would rate it as just an okay game.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Nov 20, 09 12:42 PM
Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but wanted to add my . Not too easy, not too hard, but you do have to discover things in the right order or the sparkly bits won't show up until you do. Had the same frustration as others on the bus, for example. Excellent graphics, different story line than the usual. I really liked it.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Nov 20, 09 7:05 PM
I have been waiting for this game for al long time .i played the first one and loved it .i have not downloaded it yet ,but I am reading the forum comments and seems it is not as good as the first one .I guess i have to try the demo.I will be very dissapointed if it is not as good as the first one

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Nov 21, 09 12:42 AM
My first dip into the fish pond. I wasn't going to buy this game because of the reviews, saying it was too easy and too short. I just finished playing it and found it very, very enjoyable. It was a nice combination of hidden objects and interactive play. Sometimes when a game is all IHOG, I do miss the good old **** part of the game. For a woman, I found it a bit challenging when finding objects because I don't know what the heck a brake pedal or wheel caster is suppose to look like. I thought ****'s were, for the most part, relevent to the place you were looking. Although they had to stick a toaster or a balloon in there at times. The size of the HOs were not true to size, like if you were looking for a baseball, it could be a tiny thing or a gigantic thing in the background. I had fun with that part. Also, the challenges to solve a way through each obstacle were, although not too difficult, fun to figure out. I really enjoyed playing this game, although not much replay value. It certainly kept me entertained for 3 nights in a row. And I have been playing HOG and IHOG for about 3 years now. No expert, but as I said, enjoyed this for its entertainment value. Good voices, good music, good sound effects. I would have to give this one at least 4 ies.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Nov 21, 09 12:48 AM
Yes I did like the game, but was looking for additional stuff to do after I finished, like in the original museum escape. Thought it was very good, but seemed to finish it too quickly.

reedsteve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by reedsteve on Nov 21, 09 3:58 AM
HOGs are my favorites, but this one didn't pass muster with me. The gameplay was a little bit too childish for me, and some of the objects didn't make sense. Deleted the demo. Sorry!

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 21, 09 4:35 AM
Played the demo and thought it was very good, I didn't play the first one or maybe I trialled the demo and decided not to bother. I am very fussy and can't believe some developers are still releasing games with just fuzzy pictures with a pile of junk, I hate them, this is the next generation of gaming with immersive game play that is brilliant. I love this and going to buy ... still waiting for RTR 2 like so many others. Also BF will we ever get Campfire Legends - The Hookman as I played this on another site and if BF don't get it soon I will have to buy it somewhere else as this is just to good to pass up. But this game I love and I would give it

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Nov 21, 09 4:36 PM
I bought it because I was bored. Bad move. Way too easy. I'm beginning to distrust the BFG review - it's a beginner game, definitely NOT advanced!

[Post New]by ganojo on Nov 21, 09 9:24 PM
what walk through??? I didn't see a walk through ... or maybe i'd know what to do with the sign and the skateboard. Obviously you use them to build a ramp and get across the hole in the road ... but how????

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 22, 09 6:09 AM
ganojo,
The walkthrough is on BF's blog page. Also if you click the little half orb at the top left of the screen you will get a lot of help from the old man. Hope this helps.

bbelle

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Nov 22, 09 6:11 AM
going to try to download today.hopefully i can get to it.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Nov 23, 09 2:44 AM
The most have been said already.I liked this game,fun, not to hard,clear graphics. And it is IHOG. Did not by the first, but this i will at some time.Enjoyable Also wait for RTR

Go to: