Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

Re:Luxor Adventures comments and reviews

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Nov 20, 09 11:09 AM
I am fence straddling over this game as to a purchase decision but what I want to add to the discussion is: over the past couple of weeks there have been too many threads decrying the abundance of HOGs at the expense of other game types.
Now some company puts out a game that incorporates aspects of many game genres and still the moaning and groaning. I for one enjoy a HOG that makes things a bit more difficult to find. I need eyeglasses for closeup work and do not find this game to be burdensome on my eyes. I always suspect that players who do have difficulty either need glasses or perhaps a larger monitor. My 22 incher works just fine and that includes games that have really small stuff, like Blacklore.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Nov 20, 09 11:13 AM
Having put in all of my bad comments, I will go ahead and add that I do kind of like this game. I am such a HOG fanatic that I will almost play any of them, and will try all of them. Today's TGT is not one I will play, tried it as a demo, didn't like it. I think BFG does a wonderful job of offering a varied choice of games. I'm happier when they offer HOGs, but can always go replay older ones when I have to wait for a new one.

Keep up the good work all of you fishies in the great big pond.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
4,987 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 20, 09 11:42 AM
I need eyeglasses for closeup work and do not find this game to be burdensome on my eyes. I always suspect that players who do have difficulty either need glasses or perhaps a larger monitor. My 22 incher works just fine and that includes games that have really small stuff, like Blacklore.

I have both glasses and a 24" monitor. I still can't see a lot of the objects in this game, but, then, I'm not crazy about extreme junkpile HOGs, anyway. The minigames are too easy, and too far apart. Actually, I play IHOGs for the "I" not for the "HOG", LOL. I was very disappointed in how easy the marble popper minis were.

BTW, I didn't buy Blacklore, either, because the stuff was so tiny. I have beginning cataracts, and this probably has an effect on how I see things, but they are not yet to the stage for surgery.

I may buy this game if it is ever a DD, but not for $6.99. I already bought Luxor 3 as a DD, and it's the Luxor marble popping that I so much enjoy.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Nov 20, 09 1:22 PM
auntann11 wrote:
Howatch wrote:the timer is a nonissue. If it remains so, I'm not sure why it was even included..

From what I've read the purpose of the timer is just to add bonus points.

Thanks!

Pleiadestar
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Nov 20, 09 7:52 PM
I WAS loving the game until i got 3 access violations in a row. Now, I have a year old computer with Vista basic, and all hardware fully updated. My directx is up-to-date as is my Nvidia card.

I bought the game already...im kinda sorry i did now....

Edited on 11/20/2009 at 7:52:55 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 20, 09 8:42 PM
i couldn't have said it better than Poodlebear-my thoughts exactly!!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 23, 09 12:50 AM
Gosh...this soooo isn't my game(s). Firstly, I hate Match 3 games. Like a mini-match 3 is ok...but not an entire game. Also the scenes are CLUTTERED and dark. Perhaps isn't a bad game but certainly not for moi.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,607 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Nov 23, 09 7:32 AM
I liked this mixed game, and decided to get it. Until i discoverd there is no relaxed mode... I like toplay in my own pace. Can't the timer/relaxed thing be fixed?

aoakley455
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Nov 23, 09 1:30 PM

"And an option to turn off the custom cursor, please, please.
I have been really looking forward to this one but my cursor was jerky and almost impossible to home in on small objects.
I know my graphics card is not brilliant but as long as I can turn off fancy cursors it will usually cope but not this time."

Looks like it could be fun game, but since you can't turn off the custom cursor, I will not purchase this game. The "floating" cursor drives me nuts. I've had no trouble with games where I could use the normal cursor, but since they don't give you this option, they just lost a sale.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 23, 09 3:18 PM
Because of the HOG aspect of the game, I finally decided to download the trial. I don't do well with Luxor games but I thought I'd try this one, anyway. I was suprised to find that I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would-at least the trial. I don't know how I would feel further along in the game The Luxor part would probably be incresingly more difficult to beat. Therefore, I hesitate buying it. If I knew enough time was alotted, I might take a chance. If anyone has finished the game, what did you think?

sno13wy
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by sno13wy on Nov 25, 09 7:01 AM
Absolutely LOVE this game! I am Luxor fan and this adds spice to other ones....
Very pretty graphics...

[Post New]by granmakat on Nov 29, 09 8:19 AM
this is a fun game, not too difficult in general. However, went you get to the mini games, especially the marble games, there should be a time limit or a way you can by pass it otherwise you can be stuck playing this mini game forever, especially when you get down close to the last few episodes. Right now I've been stuck on the marble game in Episode 7 for days...

[Post New]by womanmarine on Nov 29, 09 11:20 AM
Tried it, didn't like it. I hate games that are too dark to see all the objects. And I have a monitor that has 3 brightness controls. Too bad, I would probably have enjoyed it. Enjoyed what I could see.

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Nov 29, 09 7:44 PM
It seems to me that making screens really cluttered and objects fuzzy almost force you to use a ton of hints..I'll give this one a huge pass,no thanks

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on Dec 29, 09 4:14 PM
I'd love to try to play this game now that I bought it, but I keep getting buffer errors and no one can tell me how to fix those. Everything is up to date too. I played the hour trial and everything was wonderful. I bought it and can't play it. Really makes me wonder why they always blame us when nothing changed between the time I played the trial and bought the game.....Hmmmmmmmmm.

duskyblue
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by duskyblue on Jan 6, 10 8:27 AM
Yes, the timers are generous and the variety is nice, but until this game, I never had a problem finding hidden objects. These objects are so small and/or embedded that I found more of them with random clicking than by actually picking them out of the scene. I couldn't make out some objects even when they were encircled by the "hint" light! So no, I won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by Pt_framboise on Feb 5, 10 5:39 AM
The game is very nice made
I love HOG and Luxor
It's mix of my favorite genres

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Feb 25, 10 2:02 AM
I bought this game and I am really enjoying it .The HOG scenes are fine for me and if I do need help the hints recharge quickly .The timer is not a problem very leniant and really only for extra points .I have never played marble popping before but I found the mini games fun.Quite a long game with 10 chapters and lots of extras to unlock,plus you get Luxor 3 as a freebie !!
I missed one Ankh at the very begining so I shall have to play again to get all the bonus levels .
All in all a good buy as far as I am concerned ,well done BF

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 2:03:18 AM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 29, 10 10:16 PM
I finally got around to playing the demo of this game and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! I waited because I was expecting it to be a simple Luxor game. While I really enjoy Luxor games, I can play it for free elsewhere so it didn't make sense to purchase it. However, this game is so much more! Yes, the basic Luxor is involved, but it is just one of the minigames. I would classify this game more as a hidden object game. There are spot-the-difference which I tend to loathe, but they aren't too difficult and don't come up a lot.

I didn't find the scenes any more dark than most of the games out right now so maybe I am just used to them. I also didn't really have any trouble finding objects. I also liked the fact that you could open bonus levels at the end of the game. Also, it is basically two games in one as you also can play the straight Luxor when the game is finished. Overall I love this game and am definitely purchasing it. Thanks BF!

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jul 18, 10 5:23 AM
I loved it, a bit of marble popping is ok but too much does my head in, the same with hiden object so the mix complete with a story line was great. The best game I've bought so far and it lasted the longest too.
I'm keeping it downloaded as I know I'll want to play this one again... unlike a lot of games it keeps your mind working.

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 5:24:39 AM PST

Go to: