Re:I SPY ™ Spooky Mansion comments and reviews

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 24, 09 2:59 PM
Well to begin with, I am an adult, but a kid at heart and this game really brought out the kid in me which was a pleasent change from the same old daily grind of the responsibilitys that comes along with being an adult.
I'm sure I enjoyed playing this game as much as any kid would have...I LOVED IT!!
I just got lost in the wonderful atmosphere and was surprised with the interaction that is involved in this game, very imaginative which I love.
The second and third escape from the house, was better IMO than the first, the ghost machine was my favorite.
I didn't have any graphic issues at all, like others have stated, mine were very clear, so I was very grateful for that because I do need glasses just for reading.
It was nice to feel like a kid again, for some reason I don't remember much of my childhood at all...still haven't figured that out after 47 years, so maybe that is why I enjoy these games now.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to play these kind on a daily basis, but these I spy games just have something about them that really draws me in !!
I purchased the first one that BF had on their site, and enjoyed that one as well, so I hope they continue to make future I Spy games.
THANKS BF for bringing this older game to the BF site, and letting me find my inner child again :-)
If anyone is aware of other I SPY games, PLEASE send me a pm with the details, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks !!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 26, 09 6:14 AM
I am also all growed up. I love the concept of this game. Would like it to move faster - hate to have found everything then have to listen to a recap and repetitive instructions. BUT I would be glad to see an adult version with the word play and puzzles.
It is a clever and humorous HOG.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Nov 28, 09 2:34 PM
Staril wrote:I bought this game years ago and loved it. This time, however, there seems to be a problem with the graphics and everything is pixilated. I'm rather disappointed as I was looking forward to playing it again ... but the fuzziness is just too much for me

Well.....I'm glad someone else (and others I see), has the same problems with this game as I do. Especially with the pixelation. And....I'd like to know why someone at BFG (mods or tech people), doesn't post answers here for us about this problem(s).?? I bought this game, cause I had fun with the first I Spy game here, and I thought this one would be good too. Well.....if I can't play the game and have fun, then what??? Maybe I'll just ask for a refund........... And there is nothing wrong with my video card or anything. I can play Dire Grove with no problems and it looks Great on my computer. So, why can't I play this I Spy game? I am upset......

Edited on 11/28/2009 at 2:36:08 PM PST

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Nov 29, 09 1:17 AM
Way too irritating to buy and I finished and got out in less than the demo anyway.

Maybe a fun kid's game, but then again, that voice is so irritating, that maybe not.

Yawn.

[Post New]by melray on Nov 29, 09 6:03 PM
To the ones who finished during trial my hats off to you after I got out the 1st time I was invited in at least 2 more times. As for this being a childish game duh! This game is mainly designed for children I believe, my 2 oldest grandaughters- ages 6 & 8 love it and it give them practice with reading as well as being whole lot of fun. I bought it right away.

jap54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jap54 on Jan 12, 10 4:07 AM
Help - I cant find the last piece of the clue .... I have gone to library but cant figure out what to do ... where can I find the last piece of the puzzle.... Can anyone help me please ....

[Post New]by savannaxrocks on Jun 6, 10 10:13 AM
[b]THIS STUPID GAME IT WONT LET ME PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!I JUST DOWN LOADED IT AND IT HAS 60 MINUTES LET BUT WHEN EVER I TRY TO HIT "PLAY NOW"IT JUST DOES THE LIL GLASS SPINY THING AND THEN DOES NOTHING IM HITTING IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND IT WONT WORK I EVEN TRYED UNINSTALLING IT AND REINSTALLING IT 4 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT WONT WORK WITH ANY OF THE I SPY GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I WANT TO PLAY IT BUT IT WONT LET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 17, 10 7:47 PM
Sorry BF. Do not like this one at all. After you click an item, it responds too slowly. And as far as moving the puzzle pieces, too jerky.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Aug 17, 10 7:48 PM
Sorry BF. Do not like this one at all. After you click an item, it responds too slowly. And as far as moving the puzzle pieces, too jerky.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 5, 10 11:38 PM
I've almost finished this game. I have finished the first chapter without any glitches. But the second game is givigng me trouble. I have all the items in the lab and have attached them correctly. But, I can not get the breaker box opened to insert the "Go" button (witch I have no found yet.). I have the little switch and can not find the Go button and can not get the breaker box open. Anyone have help.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Oct 6, 10 8:56 PM
I enjoyed this game but in the second part at the end in the lab, I had all pieces, but could not get the electric box open to insert the little red thingy. Didn't get to finish and no clue how to do it. Sorry I bought it. What's with no ending?

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Nov 8, 10 4:36 AM
Tha was actually the first hidden-object game I played and today I was very surprised to see it on BFG. All I can say is that this game is wonderful! The spookiness of the house combined with good humour make it a good game for children even. And as for rhymed lists of objects to find - each time it was making me smile
Just great!

[Post New]by lynn77may on Dec 3, 10 7:33 AM
hello am having a problem finding how to play one of the mini games. There is no explanation just items that disappear like cookie cutters animals all on wood ledges help?

[Post New]by maree331 on Jan 14, 11 5:03 PM
I am stuck in the very beginning of game, where is the smoke ?

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 2:22 PM
This game is definitely for children and those adults young at hart, I bought this game when it first came out I guess because it was appealing to me, but after playing for a while I just could not play anymore.

I have to say that it was nice and engaging, but no for me.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 31, 12 10:26 AM
This game is a hoot! A fun and enjoyable game for kids and adults alike. Once you get over yourself and don't take the graphics seriously, you'll understand that it just adds to the charm. Don't be fooled either because it can be challenging, at times.I laughed my way through it and loved it.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Feb 14, 13 12:26 PM
I realize this is an old game. 2005. But I don't believe anyone could finished this game entirely in two minutes. I thought the game was fun and maybe a bit clunky. It crashed when I used the hint button. The game was worth the money, considering its age. The sound and voice over was very good. I remembering seeing this game at our local school book fair.

I SPY ™ Spooky Mansion comments and reviews

[Post New]by gingerconrad on Sep 12, 13 2:41 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

Go to: