belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 17, 16 2:57 AM
This might help you with the barn fire...

Although game only showing 2/3rds on my Mac screen I tried playing the game. I couldn't reach 3rd fire either, but by holding hose over middle fire it put 3rd one out and moved on in game.

Seemed to do it itself without moving hose about. I quit at that point as game not playing full or windowed mode in El Capitan.

Hope the above helps...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Jan 17, 16 3:11 AM
MrsSkippy wrote:Opened up the game, have sound, but no picture

Having the same problem. Running Win 10 and just spent an hour installing updated drivers and other Windows updates, so please don't tell me to check for updates. I have a program that does that automatically. Obviously, this is another "no buy" due to program glitches, which is really getting tiresome to say the least.

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 3:15:23 AM PST

stitchr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by stitchr on Jan 17, 16 8:14 AM
Another Windows 10 user that gets a black screen.

vic2636
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by vic2636 on Jan 17, 16 8:25 AM
I also could the not finish the bonus chapter due to the key disappeared trying to get the daughter out of the plane. having to play the entire game again is not a fix. i am very angry at not being able to finish the game i have paid good money for. the games developer needs to fix this problem soon

[Post New]by lgsmith on Jan 17, 16 8:32 AM
I am using Windows 10 and I have sound but a black screen... I have tried running as administrator and it' the same thing.

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Jan 17, 16 10:55 AM
Also running Windows 10 states update drivers did so and still showing same message. I guess no buy for me.

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Jan 17, 16 11:12 AM
Furryfury wrote:
beardedfish wrote:Hello fishies,

Possible solution for the disappearing key!!!

I'm running this game on our family's computer with Win7.

I also had a problem with a key disappearing in the CE chapter, same as Ryvon, MonsterHound07 and bonggamer. The key disappeared from the airplane lock and I couldn't progress any further.

I would have given up just there and then but I noticed that the girl was in the plane and was wondering how I didn't notice her being dragged or getting locked in the plane. So I decided to start a new game.

Once I got to the CE part with an airfield, I immediately clicked on a plane and what do you know the girl was already there. So I talked to her and tried to open the door. After that I progressed through the rest of the game and after the fight with Rob, I used the key on the plane door and finished the game.

So to recap: As soon as you get to the CE click on the plane and try open the door and everything should be ok for you.

I hope this helps everyone!

This workaround wouldn't have helped me (even if I wanted to play the game over again just for the last 10 seconds of the game), because I had already done this and the key still disappeared when I tried to use it.

Same here- I had clicked on the door and spoke to the daughter before fighting Rob and the key still disappeared. WE NEED A PATCH ASAP. I can't play/see all the bonus material either, since the bonus chapter can't be completed. Very frustrating!

[Post New]by AlexanderDB on Jan 17, 16 11:57 AM
charlene_lane wrote:Task bar missing.

I'm at the water mill, have found the map and went to give it to Ashley, but the task bar is missing and I can't do it. I've gone back outside and the task bar is there, but when I go into the water mill to hand it to her, its gone. I can't go any further. If there is no answer to this, then I will have to delete the game. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Has anyone had this?

I'm facing the same problem, so I'm stuck in the watermill.

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jan 17, 16 12:26 PM
Patch the fire hose problem please

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 17, 16 12:31 PM

I am running El Capitan 10.11.2. I am having no issues with the game playing the demo. It is with deep regret I have to report the issue with this game and the latest Mac OS is not universal. Reporting it to Customer Service will probably get you a coupon for a replacement game.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Jan 17, 16 1:39 PM
AlexanderDB wrote:
charlene_lane wrote:Task bar missing.

I'm at the water mill, have found the map and went to give it to Ashley, but the task bar is missing and I can't do it. I've gone back outside and the task bar is there, but when I go into the water mill to hand it to her, its gone. I can't go any further. If there is no answer to this, then I will have to delete the game. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Has anyone had this?

I'm facing the same problem, so I'm stuck in the watermill.

Looks like we have to start again or delete the game altogether. I'm now playing another game, so will get back to it at some stage. I'm not really into this game much anyway - its a bit strange and hard to follow. I've noticed its a cut and paste from other games because everthing looks so familiar.

[Post New]by SomeCoolGuy on Jan 17, 16 2:48 PM
Homeimps wrote:Re: My earlier post about putting out the fire, just wanted to add I'm running Vista 32 bit.

On what resolution screen? I had similar issues on another so just asking, but i didnt have issue on 1920x1080.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jan 17, 16 3:06 PM
Windows 10 - vanishing key yet another game good money wasted on :-((

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Jan 17, 16 4:19 PM
Me too; Win 10, vanishing key. This is the second CE in the last month that glitched at the very end, making it impossible to finish the game, Plus all the other games that have glitched halfway through. And not once has there been a patch. This is maddening!

[Post New]by messymisses on Jan 17, 16 5:01 PM
Like everyone else using OSX El Capitan, I am also having difficulty with this game. It won't display entire image pushing it up off the top of the screen. So, can't reach hints or read dialog. I am using a MacBook Pro 15". This is about the fourth game I've endeavored to try and cannot purchase.

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Jan 17, 16 5:51 PM
The key to the airplane in the bonus game disappeared after putting in the lock. The forum said to post to TECH, so, that's what I'm doing. It also said something about OS. i'm not sure what that means (Operating System?). I've got a regular computer with Windows 10. I'm not sure what that means, and this left me feeling very frustrated, to get all the way to the end and not be able to finish this. Why couldn't you do this before?

[Post New]by TexasE on Jan 17, 16 6:01 PM
Joining the chorus of people stuck at the end of the CE Game because the key to the airplane door disappears. Need a patch quickly. VERY frustrating. BTW, "workaround" is not a solution.
Mac 10.11.2

Edited on 01/17/2016 at 6:01:53 PM PST

tekeguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tekeguy on Jan 17, 16 7:56 PM
Windows 10 and same issue --key disappeared when trying to unlock the plane. It's sad that bigfish is promoting that people lock kids in vehicles with no chance of egress. Kids die in locked planes--it's science.

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Jan 18, 16 3:44 AM
I am also having the problem with losing the key in the bonus chapter. Although I appreciate having a possible fix, I should not have to replay the game to fix the bonus chapter. I am also adding my tech issue regarding the key to see IF that will help to get a patch out there. This is starting to happen too much lately. I'm running Windows 7. With all the different operating systems, I just can't see where it's a computer problem! I have requested a refund if a fix is not coming shortly.

[Post New]by louizad on Jan 18, 16 6:22 AM
Fire hose can't put the fire out and changed the resolution still does not work. I tried the trail. So it is a no buy for me.

Go to: