gohill
Manatee
Manatee
3,714 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 21, 16 10:40 AM
What would be interesting to find out is just how much coin you LOST when given the 15 coin "reward" instead of the item worth MORE if sold... Even that cannonball is worth 25 coins... if that's what would have come out of the armor and banners, that's a loss of 10 coins right there... the higher level items are a minimum of 30 coins, so that monstrous claw someone doesn't want that would have given you 30 coins, now, you only get 15 coins... oh wow.. golly gee, thanks for NOTHING... so, please tell me again, how LOSING coins helps build up my coins??? I'm not a wizz at math, but SUBTRACTING coins usually means LOSS... not gain... I realize this is M.C. where magic abounds but... unless magic is used to turn a loss of 15 coins into a gain...

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!?

da fuzz shaking my head... wow

[Post New]by vikiBookWorm88 on Jan 21, 16 10:46 AM
FudgeChi said it perfectly:
I like deciding what I'd shard/sell/use or gift.

The devs have taken the choice out of our hands and the fun out of MC.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Jan 21, 16 11:12 AM
My MC Story...
I have been playing MC for a very long time now, last summer I was at the top level waiting for updates then the unthinkable happened, my computer crashed and I lost the Whole Game! Everything was gone, so, like some have had to do also I started over. I got through the whole game again and back to needing an update about a month ago, after this update however I want to scream at the top of my lungs "why"? With all of the good advice from players that I have seen over the years of time I have spent on this game including some from myself to see it go in this direction is just about the worst thing ever. I was not happy with the shards when they came along, thought that extra wheel was not that big of a deal especially when the shards are not so easy to get. Then getting the rooms, which besides the Christmas tree idea was a total pointless thing. I put up with those dumb additions, but, this? This is by far the dumbest, irritating, and by far worst idea that they have given us. I am sad to say like many of you I think this is the last straw for me too. If they don't change their crap soon I am gone and might I add to the BF company people "If We Go So Does Our Money In Buying Of Gems & Coins)!!!! I just want to say on a parting note, I feel bad for all the new players since they will most likely never be able to experience this game the way it was, and to the long time players like myself, I feel your pain!

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 21, 16 11:15 AM
Talk about us hoarders of our "precious" hoards of inventory......they think we hoarded before......well they ain't seen nothing yet.......I covet the cannonball....I have 400.........and I hoard the harpy feather.....have near 500 of those.......same with all the inventory items..........hoard hoard and keep hoarding.......friends list is 1...JJ......and I am gonna scrooge my way from this point forward......hoarding all just for me and no one else.......I need the coin or shards....sorry.......and I do the work for ME now.....ONLY.

I just took a time travel to two months in the future......and logged in to play........It was like seeing Armageddon.....or the end of the earth after the nukes.....pot fires and debris and twisted evil ruin........and just me in the middle of it all......doing another HOS....just for me............the HORROR the HORROR......apacolypse now....Brando.

Cheers **D@NgeR** literally

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 11:16:43 AM PST

buttercat1
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by buttercat1 on Jan 21, 16 11:24 AM
Not completely bad idea but maybe they could have just added the shard or coins to the inventory items so we can still get the items we need.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 21, 16 11:44 AM
General_hobojoe wrote:Talk about us hoarders of our "precious" hoards of inventory......they think we hoarded before......well they ain't seen nothing yet.......I covet the cannonball....I have 400.........and I hoard the harpy feather.....have near 500 of those.......same with all the inventory items..........hoard hoard and keep hoarding.......friends list is 1...JJ......and I am gonna scrooge my way from this point forward......hoarding all just for me and no one else.......I need the coin or shards....sorry.......and I do the work for ME now.....ONLY.

I just took a time travel to two months in the future......and logged in to play........It was like seeing Armageddon.....or the end of the earth after the nukes.....pot fires and debris and twisted evil ruin........and just me in the middle of it all......doing another HOS....just for me............the HORROR the HORROR......apacolypse now....Brando.

Be careful General someone will come in and say you are bragging!

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
3,714 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 21, 16 12:00 PM
HAHAHA... Ms Fluttero.... too cute...

On a more serious note, the minute I saw Trina and what that would require, my first thought was, well, wonder how long it takes before people start sharding their inventory instead of gifting it... now, looks like it doesn't matter... no inventory to shard... or sell... or gift.. or, gosh, use for achievements... well, never mind then... and I can see Danger's future where once gifting friends become far more selfish out of self -preservation... can't give what you don't have, and it won't take long before most of us will only have enough for ourselves and can't worry about anyone else... sure takes the stress out of gifting... lets see, which nothing will I gift today... decisions, decisions.. (and you get nothing, and you get nothing... instead of the "car")

Llamamama15
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Jan 21, 16 12:05 PM
I want to play my way which is do the rounds to build up INVENTORY then have a blast through the quests to level up not to drip drip drip back to the same HOS every hour to get enough whatevers to craft one item and then need to do it all again as the quest needs three of the same. I'm struggling through the mid 40's. Don't need extra coin, certainly don't need shards as I am ignoring Trina and not interested in decorating rooms. How is anyone new going to be able to get the achievement for selling stuff or to be able to craft stuff to sell. Haven't updated thank goodness but notice that Mis fortune wheel is stuck and didn't reset at midnight also pay through the nose table. Please think again and restore the game so that I feel I can make progress albeit at my own pace
Also have noticed quite a few of my friends on level 68/69 have taken down their wish lists - perhaps they don't want to gift inventory any more - very sad for all concerned

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 12:07:42 PM PST

katie2050
Herring
Herring
370 Posts

[Post New]by katie2050 on Jan 21, 16 12:12 PM
Actually you are building up inventory in a round about way thru the zz's and you are able to build up coins that will probably be needed I found that with this new update I am not as board and still able to make my rounds collect for the airship easier

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,217 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 16 12:13 PM
Since a mod posted this and then locked the thread, I'm copying the pertinent part of his/her post here:

"As Midnight Castle is a Free to Play game, players can enhance the gaming experiencing by purchasing content within the game, but it isn't necessary. There are many ways to continue playing this game without the purchase of in game currency. For more information regarding these types of games, see the help article below. "

The hidden object free-to-play games do NOT have extra CONTENT that can be purchased. Players can purchase extra ASSETS (coins and diamonds) which will allow them to move through the CONTENT more quickly.

Now buying assets to be able to play immediately makes sense in a game played by somebody who is playing a game like Gummy Drop on a mobile device during any free minuets they can find during their day (during their coffee break at work, for example), but doesn't make a lot of sense for somebody who is housebound and can spend hours playing on their PC.

Why would I pay to finish an update faster? How about coming up with some extra CONTENT that is ONLY available to those willing to foot the bill for it. Because if nobody is paying, update will cease to be made and we'll all have nothing to do but make endless rounds trying to finish the achievements.

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Jan 21, 16 12:52 PM
EOTR wrote:Since the beginning, one of the things players have been able to count on is receiving an inventory item when completing a HOS. Whether you get a high score or a pathetic score, you will get an item. It's a de facto rule of the game. Our strategies and time management, especially between updates, are often based on this.

To change a rule in the middle of a game is not fair play. I don't complain when the devs add features (although I may not be thrilled with them), but to take away a feature that has been integral to the game for two years is mean spirited, and I feel a bit betrayed.

Jhuppie

I agree completely!
~ Bethany ~

Bethany68
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by Bethany68 on Jan 21, 16 1:01 PM
cynththemoler wrote:
General_hobojoe wrote:Talk about us hoarders of our "precious" hoards of inventory......they think we hoarded before......well they ain't seen nothing yet.......I covet the cannonball....I have 400.........and I hoard the harpy feather.....have near 500 of those.......same with all the inventory items..........hoard hoard and keep hoarding.......friends list is 1...JJ......and I am gonna scrooge my way from this point forward......hoarding all just for me and no one else.......I need the coin or shards....sorry.......and I do the work for ME now.....ONLY.

Be careful General someone will come in and say you are bragging!

Heheheeeeee D@NgeR & Cynthia!
I agree!
God forbid that someone who has been playing for ages, done countless rounds and spent numerous hours on this game does something like talk about a great thing they've accomplished in their game.
I think it's called reaching an achievement, not bragging!

~ Bethany ~

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 1:03:50 PM PST

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Jan 21, 16 1:18 PM
EOTR wrote:
To change a rule in the middle of a game is not fair play. I don't complain when the devs add features (although I may not be thrilled with them), but to take away a feature that has been integral to the game for two years is mean spirited, and I feel a bit betrayed.

Jhuppie

My feelings exactly!

jodylync
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jodylync on Jan 21, 16 2:44 PM
Level 51 player chiming in.

Advantage: I get a little extra in coins or shards

Disadvantage: Since I cannot build inventory, I am not able
- to craft extra items to keep, give away, turn into shards, or sell
- to gift my friends
- to participate in daily quests
- to sell for coin or shard. But since many inventory items can be sold for more than 15 coins or 1 shard, this negates my only advantage.

So, what's the advantage?

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,989 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 21, 16 3:10 PM
Maybe this is why they had us all "agree" to binding arbitration a few days ago… they knew it was going to hit the fan when they released this bogus update.

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 3:10:57 PM PST

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,217 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 16 3:15 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Maybe this is why they had us all "agree" to binding arbitration a few days ago… they knew it was going to hit the fan when they released this bogus update.

Well, you could have opted out of the binding arbitration bit and reserved the right to bring an individual (but not a class action) lawsuit. Going to court over an update seems a over the top, especially over a free to play game, but some people do strange things. The new TOS didn't take away anybody's right to complain, as long as it's done within the forum guidelines.

cjmax13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cjmax13 on Jan 21, 16 3:20 PM
Unfortunately I did not realize I could reject the update or I would have. This has now become a very boring game. Only getting a inventory item about 15% of the time when I play an HOS that is no part of a requirement from one of the characters. Getting 15 coins or a shard is not equivalent to getting inventory items that you can gift to friends which is the most enjoyable part of the game. Play on PC about 2 hours a day and rarely get a pink box during that time - only 7 pink boxes since end of winter series.

At level 68 on Kindle and hopefully will not be forced to update the game on that platform. If I am, will just halt play until a more reasonable update is provide.

Developers, please heed the feedback.

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Jan 21, 16 3:31 PM
I am not at as high a level as many that have posted on this thread but Forum Rules 15 stinking coins instead of 50 and no inventory items, well that is
completely ridiculous. What is the point of playing, it will take forever to acquire 9000 gold coins to open a new HOS spot and quite frankly it is just not worth wasting that many hours on. I like the game and have been playing since the beginning, I took a 6 month break last year but returned and have been enjoying the game until now. I did not think to check the forums before doing the download and I am very sorry that I didn't. I will continue to come in to get my gift and spin and play dice but that will be it unless this change is reversed. Oh and because I am not at level 68-69 I have nothing new to see or do, so there is zero benefit in this update for me.

Edited on 01/21/2016 at 4:43:18 PM PST

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,989 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 21, 16 3:37 PM
Actually, the only way to opt out was to never enter the game (or ANY BF game) again. That's not exactly a choice. It's "do it the way we say or leave now.".
It's possible to spend a TON on $$$ on this game. If I had just invested mega bucks on diamonds or coins, I'd be hopping mad at such a fundamental change to the rules as "once in a blue moon you'll get the item you came here for" instead of a 1-in-3 or 4 chance of getting what you need.
And, yes, we can still complain, as long as we're "nice". So here we are, complaining!
Put the the HOSs back the way they were! This change is grossly unfair! It will ruin the game!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
3,954 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 21, 16 3:47 PM
OK, I just read the following in the locked thread on rolling back the game.

"Hi Everyone,

We understand that some of the recent changes included with the recent updates have become frustrating for some players. However, those same changes now allow players to receive coins and shards in addition to inventory items. The update also includes new quests as well as additional tasks that are offered by some of the game's characters.

While it's understandable to want to continue to play older versions of the game, this is not something we recommend. Should an issue occur with your game, our Support Team may not be able to provide assistance until all available updates are applied. Not applying updates may also result in other unforseen complications with the game.

To ensure that all your feedback is seen by the appropriate team, I'm going to lock this thread and ask any discussions regarding the update to continue in the following thread:

ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

bfgWaimea "

I think the wording I've highlighted should be corrected to "instead of". If we received coins or shards in addition to the regular items there would be no complaints. At least use the correct description of what's happening when you tell us what's "improved" in this update.

Go to: