Brit1976
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re: Special 3

[Post New]by Brit1976 on Feb 24, 16 11:56 PM
It seems like no one is listening on this one too many of us a stuck in the same place for it not to be a program error. It really ruins a great game when you cannot finish a good game or acheive all the trophies because someone else messed up.

sharonatoo
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Europe Level 27

[Post New]by sharonatoo on Feb 25, 16 3:32 PM
Stuck in the shed and can't remove garbage or plant flowers all workers get stuck in shed and yes I am on a Mac.

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gardens Inc. 4: Blooming Stars Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by starrylyn on Mar 2, 16 1:16 PM
mellowtraumatic wrote:In the America level, Episode 45, I noticed that the tool shack would not fully upgrade when queued to do so. I had resources aplenty to do it, but no worker would go there to complete the task.

I had the same problem. It upgraded the first, and second time. When I went to the final upgrade of the toolshack, one worker stayed there waiting for another worker and no one ever came. Also switched from gardener to insect hunter but he would not go to the last snake to kill. There was not a resource deficit or anything, I checked.

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gardens Inc. 4: Blooming Stars Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jcballar on Mar 4, 16 2:52 PM
Also Level 45 sticking at various places and I am on Windows 10 (PC).

The first time I played, workers were waiting for another worker to help clear a big pile of rubble. The second time, I tried to upgrade the tool shed -- again waiting for another worker to help -- no workers came to help and the shed stopped producing.

[Post New]by ms_alex on Mar 5, 16 11:13 PM
I am another Mac user and I recently got the game and found myself stuck on the garbage of special level 3. I guess I'm glad it's not a regular level so I could still play the others, but it's annoying to not be able to play this level.

[Post New]by PuckInTheNorth on Mar 6, 16 6:54 PM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there are technical issues that are coming up in the game. The following help article has some steps and information that can help in a variety of situations, including ones like these:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If those technical problems are still occurring, we encourage getting in touch with our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide further troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

That's fine and all, but it really doesn't address what seem to be very level-specific glitches. There's something going wrong with the Mac version of the game. Those of us on Macs - who have paid for the game just like PC users - shouldn't lose all of our progress and have to replay such a huge chunk of the game (several continents) and need to re-earn all of the points to repurchase the items in the 'baby's room', by being blown off with "go look at the help article". If we're on the Forum, we're likely savvy enough to have done so, and the answer there amounts to uninstall and reinstall the game, which is tantamount losing all progress we've made by the level where the error is - evidently - occurring consistently.

What is the point of having a thread where we are instructed to post tech issues if all the moderators on that thread do is tell us to read the FAQs on tech issues and go talk to the techies elsewhere?

I came here because I couldn't find an answer on the FAQs even after doing all the basic things like restarting the game, restarting my computer etc. I was hoping to at least see something from BFG along the lines of "Yes, we hear the concerns of our customers and are in touch with the game developers to correct what appears to be an error in Collector's Edition of a game you all purchased from BFG."

[Post New]by PuckInTheNorth on Mar 6, 16 7:22 PM
I've sent a detailed email to the Technical Support team, including the fact that I'm unimpressed with the manner in which repeated posts by many Mac players have been essentially disregarded on this Tech Issues thread. I pointed out that there are far too many posts about two particular levels, specific to Mac users, for this to be a matter of user incompetence. This is a game error. One way or another, BFG got the Collector's Edition pricing out of most people who has posted on this issue, and however many who have simply not bothered to post for whatever reasons. More than that, people have been cheated out the game play experience they paid for and the time they have already put in to getting as far as they did before discovering issues at levels 27 and 45. Glitches happen. That is understandable, if inconvenient.

There is a point at which, however, the company needs to stop being patronizing and needs to demonstrate that they are taking action on a consistent issue, rather than making it the responsibility of the consumer, who did nothing more than purchase a product in good faith that it would be of acceptable quality.

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Mar 13, 16 9:21 AM
Devs records in extras game - level 6 and 9 seem to be having problems. I am putting this in here as I see others have complained as well. Does BFG ever correct glitches in CE games once they are released? I have never seen a fix for any CE games in the past for any glitches so I am just curious.

[Post New]by pukyca on Mar 16, 16 12:40 PM
AverageSizeFish wrote:I am really enjoying this game but I have run into a couple problems. First, I've completed the entire game and the bonus level in Australia but, in spite of having freed every worker in every Garden Defense level, the Great Hunt Achievement remains locked. This of course means I cannot get the last achievement either because that one requires me to get all the available achievement.

Second, I ran through the entire game on the middle setting of difficulty and encountered no problems. I am now going through the game again on the hardest level of difficulty and I was temporarily halted by level 16. I was almost at the end of the level when the game froze and would not close. I had to reboot my computer to get rid of it. I then restarted the game and redid level 16. This time the game did not freeze but the animal catcher would not come out of his shack when I clicked on wolves for him to shoo away. I had to close the game again and restart it to be able to complete level 16. I suspect the animal catcher became bugged when he attempted to shoo a wolf at the same time the expert animal catcher (the one in the shack) was shooing it but I'm not positive.

Neither of these issues has stopped me from loving this game. The Gardens series is one of the best TM series and this one surpassed my expectations. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone figured this one out?

[Post New]by hadooga on Mar 21, 16 8:26 AM
wanderingwomble wrote:I am playing on a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.5. I got to the level entitled 'Special 3 - Shore Quest'. There is some garbage floating in the level. When I send my worker down to gather the garbage, she clears it and then gets stuck in the boat house beside the river. She never leaves. If I send another worker to clear more garbage, he gets stuck in the same place. Finally, I send a diver down to plant flowers in the river and he is also getting stuck in the same boat house. Now I have no workers - they are all stuck in the boat house.

I have have tried restarting this level 4 times - I have done the level actions in a different order each time, hoping that the bug won't show up. But every time I go to clear the river garbage, the same thing happens.

Just adding another post about having this same problem.

[Post New]by lbwankenobi on Mar 22, 16 2:14 PM
Hoping that maybe one more post regarding the Special# 3 glitch for Mac users will finally get someone to fix the issue. My software is El Capitan 10.11.3, so the problem isn't just with Yosemite.

It is the EXACT same problem with the workers all getting stuck in the boat house that every other Mac user has posted regarding this level.

Edited on 03/22/2016 at 2:14:58 PM PST

NYCgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by NYCgamer on Apr 3, 16 11:19 AM
Having the exact same problem with Special 3 and getting stuck with everyone in the boathouse. I have El Capitan 10.11.4 iMac.

[Post New]by dejikins on Apr 8, 16 2:59 PM
Having a few problems using Mac OS 10.9.5:

in settings, toggle full screen doesn't work
in South America, episode 16, game hunters are not capturing all the wolves; this is especially annoying when a worker is being eaten and a wolf is blocking access to planting so I can't finish

ETA: game hunters are working fine, it must have been my fault

Edited on 04/08/2016 at 4:11:15 PM PST

TECH ISSUES for Gardens Inc. 4: Blooming Stars Collection Level Special 3

[Post New]by Debstar01 on Apr 9, 16 5:21 AM
"I got to the level entitled 'Special 3 - Shore Quest'. There is some garbage floating in the level. When I send my worker down to gather the garbage, she clears it and then gets stuck in the boat house beside the river. She never leaves. If I send another worker to clear more garbage, he gets stuck in the same place. Finally, I send a diver down to plant flowers in the river and he is also getting stuck in the same boat house. Now I have no workers - they are all stuck in the boat house. I have have tried restarting this level 4 times - I have done the level actions in a different order each time, hoping that the bug won't show up. But every time I go to clear the river garbage, the same thing happens."

I have the same issue on my Mac. I have also installed and re-installed the game and the problem still exists. It seem that when the worker builds the boat house, the worker does not leave. The diver can clear the rubbish from the water and plant the first flower but it cannot complete the rest of the tasks as the worker is blocking him/her. This is clearly a bug with the game. A fix would be nice.

SusanQ424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SusanQ424 on Apr 12, 16 8:46 AM
wanderingwomble wrote:I am playing on a Mac with Yosemite 10.10.5. I got to the level entitled 'Special 3 - Shore Quest'. There is some garbage floating in the level. When I send my worker down to gather the garbage, she clears it and then gets stuck in the boat house beside the river. She never leaves. If I send another worker to clear more garbage, he gets stuck in the same place. Finally, I send a diver down to plant flowers in the river and he is also getting stuck in the same boat house. Now I have no workers - they are all stuck in the boat house.

I have have tried restarting this level 4 times - I have done the level actions in a different order each time, hoping that the bug won't show up. But every time I go to clear the river garbage, the same thing happens.

Same here!

Zevah4
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Zevah4 on Apr 30, 16 12:29 PM
Well I can't even get the game to boot up now. I went through all the steps on the help page, uninstalled and reinstalled and now I get an access error. Major bummer.

[Post New]by nimue317 on Jun 23, 16 8:29 AM
SusanQ424 wrote:

Same here!

I am also having this issue... and I just bought the game. And it's the end of June. So it's obviously not being fixed. I wish I had read this before I purchased!

[Post New]by sophie_23 on Jul 11, 16 5:27 AM

Same problem for me, playing on a Mac. Have tried several times, rebooting the game, re-starting...etc., nothing seems to work.

annebrady
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by annebrady on Jul 20, 16 2:17 AM
I should have read this forum before buying the game! I am playing on Mac OS X el capitan, stuck on the same level as the other mac users. Players all stuck in the boat shed on special 3 level. I have sent a report to tech support, just for fun, as it doesn't seem like anyone has found an answer yet. If you have found a way through, please post it here Thanks!

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 8, 16 10:01 AM
PuckInTheNorth wrote:
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there are technical issues that are coming up in the game. The following help article has some steps and information that can help in a variety of situations, including ones like these:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If those technical problems are still occurring, we encourage getting in touch with our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Technical Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide further troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

That's fine and all, but it really doesn't address what seem to be very level-specific glitches. There's something going wrong with the Mac version of the game. Those of us on Macs - who have paid for the game just like PC users - shouldn't lose all of our progress and have to replay such a huge chunk of the game (several continents) and need to re-earn all of the points to repurchase the items in the 'baby's room', by being blown off with "go look at the help article". If we're on the Forum, we're likely savvy enough to have done so, and the answer there amounts to uninstall and reinstall the game, which is tantamount losing all progress we've made by the level where the error is - evidently - occurring consistently.

What is the point of having a thread where we are instructed to post tech issues if all the moderators on that thread do is tell us to read the FAQs on tech issues and go talk to the techies elsewhere?

I came here because I couldn't find an answer on the FAQs even after doing all the basic things like restarting the game, restarting my computer etc. I was hoping to at least see something from BFG along the lines of "Yes, we hear the concerns of our customers and are in touch with the game developers to correct what appears to be an error in Collector's Edition of a game you all purchased from BFG."

I agree. I downloaded the demo using Mac OS Sierra and the game won't even start. Dr. Felix doesn't work since I always get sent the Windows version. This is the third game I can't play since upgrading. The developers need to get with it!

Go to: