LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot here.

[Post New]by LadyDream on Mar 25, 16 1:38 AM
Ok, here's a clue. When so called support keeps just pasting the same non-answer to multiple posts about the same darn problem dozens of people are posting about, it's a problem with the GAME not with the users. I came here for answers, not cut and paste standard answer. Oh, and yes, on a brand new system, EVERYTHING checks out. Not my problem. Also not my game anymore, I play to relax and have fun, not to get frustrated by buggy games. Uninstalling.

Can we go back to the days when Big Fish actually had excellent customer service, please, pretty pretty please?

Denebah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Denebah on Mar 25, 16 8:25 AM
I currently have the number 7 showing on the "golden bear" ... I'm not sure if that is actually what it is or not but when I click on it. There are no packets of cards/stickers to open. Just an image that keeps referring to a large head via family genetics. Any way, I cannot seem to figure out what is happening to the cards/stickers and why I am unable to see them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish there was a way to attach a screen shot.

Thank you.

JohnTonkin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Mar 27, 16 8:55 PM
Using Windows 7, every time I exit the game normally, I have to bring up Task Manager to delete the proces BFGservices. that prevents any other BFG game from running. Sir Match-a-Lot is the only game that does this. Is this a Sir Match-a-Lot problem or a BFG problem? I assume it is to keep us from running more than one BFG game at a time. I don't start from the BFG console, would doing the extra steps to start from the console take care of this problem?

bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 29, 16 2:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to thank everyone for taking the time to post here. As a reminder, the Forum Moderation Team is unable to provide in-depth troubleshooting steps via the Forums. As a start, we do refer players to our help articles, which contain steps that have proven effective. If these steps had not been shown to work, then we would not recommend them or even have those help articles.

Just in case, I do want to highlight this article, which does have very effective steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The Forum Moderation Team is sure to pass along any reported issues to the appropriate teams.

In the meantime, if the steps above don't work or if additional troubleshooting help is needed, we do recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

When contacting Support, be sure to reply to all emails, even if they appear to be automated. This will ensure that one of our Reps will be in contact with you. If a reply is not received from you, the system will automatically close your request.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by mirandashell on Mar 30, 16 6:57 AM
So basically this thread is a total waste of time?

And before you repeat yourself again, I have contacted the Technical Support Team with a Dr Felix report and received the same generic answer. Twice.

So basically BFG Tech support is anything but. Which is a shame cos I also remember when you were worthy of the name and actually fixed stuff instead of just repeating the same useless 'tips'.

JohnTonkin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Mar 30, 16 9:03 AM
Contacted technical services about Sir Match a lot leaving the BFGservices process active on exit and all they did was send me the standard way to exit that I'd been using. This didn't resolve the problem at all! This is the only BFG game that leaves the process active (and prevents any other BFG games from running). The only question I still have is whether this is a glitch in Sir M or in the BFGservices program. If the latter, then BFG should be responsible for fixing it.
I've finished (with much trouble) the entire witchville chapter and so there is nothing to do but go in to collect the freebies (fireflies, hammers, gold, dynamite) and the daily chests. BORING!
Another tech problem I noticed -- not sure if a glitch or intentional -- is that the fireflies from the first chapter don't transfer over to the second chapter. You can sell in either chapter but only once a day between the two of them.
KJT

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by Harrijraff on Mar 30, 16 9:09 AM

Edited on 04/03/2016 at 12:18:59 PM PST

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Mar 31, 16 8:41 AM
I, like SEVERAL others, am experiencing freezing problems when the spinning wheel shows 5 extra moves as a win in Witchville. I have tried all the possible "cookie-cutter" answers recommended, including uninstalling and reinstalling. The problem is definitely with the program and not with the many players that are having the problem. Has this issue been relayed back to the programmers?

Edited on 03/31/2016 at 9:44:34 AM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Apr 3, 16 8:36 AM
I have experienced several problems with the latest update. Have had no problems at all with the first two worlds except one fox paw would not work in troll world but otherwise none. However, this last update has problems I cannot recall all the areas but do remember level #8 will not recognize when you complete the level and will not award the scroll and continues to use your lives if you retry. also, just had similar problem with level 12 in this world. I also notices that the number of moves showing keeps changing during play from number 26 to 46 moves. I see no other mention of this world in forum so will continue to play forward for a few days til I determined if it is only my game or others experiencing the same type problems. Thank you for the update, at least I have more levels to play as I had already completed all of previous two worlds.

[Post New]by tnflipflops on Apr 3, 16 8:25 PM
Not sure if tech issue or not, but have noticed with newest Sir Match A Lot upgrade
to Trollville or whatever it's called, the counters at top of game you are playing get
checked off as completed when in fact they are not, including needed points, needed
tiles smashed and even needed fireflies, it will put a small green check mark by these
icons at top of game, but on several various games at various levels you haven't
reach the goal at all.

SIMMOJU
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by SIMMOJU on Apr 3, 16 10:40 PM
level 5 in troll world is not counting score properly , I reached the required score and had 2 green ticks but the game would not end , so I used up my moves and then the level failed.

[Post New]by catHerine55555 on Apr 4, 16 9:11 AM
Problems with the new update? Yes, really. This is all from my first login right after I uploaded the new update.

Beyond the fact that my little side 'defeat the villains' thing is counting down from an hour, I apparently didn't finish it yesterday so I've got two villains I can't touch even though I don't have a scroll saying I have time to wait, but on the main screen it's counting down from an hour. The crazy wheel is counting *up* in time. I went from 14 mins to 16 mins five minutes later to now over 40 minutes about thirty minutes after I logged on after updating. A few times it showed a negative sign meaning I should have been able to spin but no, it won't let you. It's not freezing up like it was on witchville but now it's useless. I've had some doubts about my move count as well but can't corroborate that at this time as I've just noticed it.

So thank you for making the game unable to be played. I'm seriously thinking about deleting the game. I play for fun, not problem solving.

jenaBoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jenaBoo on Apr 4, 16 2:12 PM
Help! Ive been playing for weeks,love it, but all of a sudden the gold shield to click on to fight the baddies to get coins and cards, all of a sudden when I click on it EVERY SINGLE TIME, THE GAME just shuts DOWN AND goes away... pls tell me how to fix without uninstalling and having to start ALL OVER AGAIN. Please? Thank you!!

Edited on 04/04/2016 at 2:14:56 PM PST

foundinmt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by foundinmt on Apr 5, 16 4:01 PM
paw print glitch in Troll's Castle. The paw prints are not working in Troll's Castle. Have passed several and the fox does not drop down and leave a gift. Also on some levels it will show green check marks for the tiles and/or fireflies at the beginning of the game. will these glitches be fixed soon?

jodylync
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jodylync on Apr 6, 16 1:49 PM
I have been playing on a Windows 10 PC. I am up to Troll's Castle, level 50-something. Today, I went in and all of my progress is gone. I am back to the very starting point of the first game. How do I get back to where I was?

foundinmt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by foundinmt on Apr 7, 16 12:25 PM
Another glitch in Troll's Castle. Was supposed to be able to add another firefly to firefly flats after level 74. Went to to do that and it popped up a message about no fireflies to add. Also, the gifts keep coming and going. Sometimes they are there, most times not. When will this be fixed? I use Windows 7

[Post New]by medbnua on Apr 9, 16 10:05 AM
In game 102 it has the 4 bugs checked off when I start the game. After I made all the moves it said I lost and there was and X mark next to the bug.

RickF
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Apr 13, 16 5:23 AM
I am also having problems since the latest update, I complete a level (score and what ever), but the level just continues to play until I run out of moves.

Floripa80
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Floripa80 on Apr 13, 16 10:10 AM
I´m having problems with building the fire fly farm on level 39. I click on the hammer icon, then I choose which firefly I want to farm and then the Select button appears, but clicking on it does nothing. I haven´t seen this problem in this thread yet, so can somebody maybe give me a solution? Thanks
(I´m playing on a windows 7 PC)

Edit:
I started the game again today and now it let me build the firefly farm. So problem solved.

Edited on 04/14/2016 at 4:50:01 AM PST

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Apr 13, 16 1:02 PM
has anyone gone back to a game and had to start with the blue flag and the Pets ticked at the start of the game when U go and count backwards. the only indication is when the pets are filled then you have to keep playing until Blue Flag is full.

Ria B

Go to: