WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Feb 14, 16 1:10 AM
iMac Yosemite

The game opens ... in distorted full screen. When I go to windowed mode the proportions seem to be ok. I'm not going to experiment with the screen resolution.

From the credits I gather that BFG did the QA. Doesn't this include testing the game for the latest MAC iOS?

Anyway, the game does not appeal to me, to those who like it Happy Gaming!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 14, 16 5:48 AM
Demo worked fine, bought the game, and it won't install, errorcode 1402.. but I did what needs to be done for that code

[Post New]by kiejdicu on Feb 14, 16 6:05 AM
I'm on a macbook pro El Capitan 10.11.3 using Safari. Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition won't run after downloading. I get a page stating that Estate has quit unexpectedly and do I want to reopen. I also trashed my download and started over. Same result. Please remedy. Thanks. I appreciate your service.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Feb 14, 16 6:05 AM
I am on iMac 10.9.5 running Maverick and it crashes and gives crash report Looks like we Mac people are having the most problems ! Shame too it looked like a good game . There probably will be an update here in the next couple of days . I will miss out on the sale but that's ok Here in the last couple of months nothing has excited me anyway ! Maybe I've been playing these games too many years now lol Anyway I will wait for the update and try it again

mdb76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mdb76 on Feb 14, 16 6:08 AM
I have a black screen after finding the turbine pieces. I can go to another room but when I return it is to a dark room. I use windows 7.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 14, 16 8:36 AM
Running Mac El Capitan 10,11.3. Game play seems fine in the first few minutes, but the game has no setting for wide screen. Full screen would appear wanting to be wide screen but is squished (a technical term ). At any rate, it is visually annoying.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Feb 14, 16 8:47 AM
I don't understand why BF insists that we send Dr. Felix reports every time something is wrong with a game. In this case, how many posts: forty something at this hour? That means forty something laptops, pcs, etc. are having technical problems? Hard to believe. The problem is in the game, not the equipment. Get real, BF.

Want the game, won't buy it until solved, meaning I won't be able to take advantage of the sale today. Thanks, developers and BF. Great job. Let's see how long until this is deleted.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 14, 16 10:30 AM
Running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Am in the bonus chapter. Am trying to get the lead bullet out of the mold. Strategy Guide says to use the nail file. I pick up the nail file and put it on, near or over the bullet, but the game does not allow it to remove the bullet. Everything worked fine right up until this point.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 14, 16 11:25 AM
handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8.1. Game closed down a couple of times at the beginning, but cleared up after a few times. I've reached the end without any more problems, EXCEPT I have to get the net and my scissors have disappeared from my inventory. So now I can't finish the main game!!!

I have the same problem with the net, but running windows 7. Neither the Hint (does nothing) nor the strategy guide help for this ! The result is: I cannot finish the main game.

Edited on 02/14/2016 at 11:26:38 AM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Feb 14, 16 11:31 AM
I am almost done with the game. I need to cut a net but my scissors have disappeared. Also, the hint doesn't work any longer.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 14, 16 12:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing technical issues with this particular game. The appropriate teams are aware that players are experiencing issues on Mac computers. We thank you for your patience as the teams are looking into this. We highly recommend anyone experiencing this problem to contact our Technical Support Team> with a Dr. Felix Report. With the different permutations on the market today, contacting our support team with a Dr. Felix report will help add information to the investigation.

We recommend taking a look at our help articles when tech issues come up, as they're a quick way to get a game working again without contacting our Technical Support Team. The following help article may contain hints for players that are running on a PC and experiencing trouble progressing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The following help article also contains information specific to Mac systems:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Thank you for your patience and understanding as the teams work to investigate these issues for the players. It is highly recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by summerlotus on Feb 14, 16 2:55 PM
I am really frustrated. I just bought this game and it will not open at all. I am on a Mac, and should have read the reviews before spending my money. Big disappointment, hope they get this fixed.

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by azrt on Feb 14, 16 6:48 PM
handyfr wrote:Running Windows 8.1. Game closed down a couple of times at the beginning, but cleared up after a few times. I've reached the end without any more problems, EXCEPT I have to get the net and my scissors have disappeared from my inventory. So now I can't finish the main game!!!

I have the same issue-If I can't finish a game- especially a collectors edition- I am asking for my money back. BF NEVER seems to fix the problems when I have had them. Its so frustrating-I have had so many games not work especially in the last year. One would think the developers would improve w/time.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Feb 14, 16 9:23 PM
My cursor Is so slooooow even though I changed it to standard,
Windows 7 64 bit.

[Post New]by Cherry_katt on Feb 14, 16 10:54 PM
Still can't open the game on Mac

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Feb 15, 16 12:17 PM
HI,
I'm on MAC OS X El Capitan, 10.11.3, and experiencing the same problems as other Mac users:
Game won't open, it gives an error message.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Feb 15, 16 5:53 PM
Can't play the bonus game! It wants me to use a different profile; I really don't want to start all over!

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Feb 15, 16 10:56 PM
Finished the game, but every scene was very jerky--the more "special effects" were happening in the scene (like rain, steam everywhere, basically a lot of animation), the worse it was. The problem was, every scene had a lot of animation going on, so nothing went smoothly at all. It was barely playable at times. This developer needed an option to turn off "special effects".

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Feb 16, 16 12:50 AM
Still no update?

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Feb 16, 16 5:45 AM
I could not get the stamp from the cupboard in the Bonus Chapter HOP. I went into and out of the game to try again. Finally, I clicked - starting at the top left to right - every inch of the screen. It finally, randomly allowed it to be taken. It's definitely a bug.

Edited on 02/16/2016 at 5:49:09 AM PST

Go to: