Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by cfgeorge64 on Feb 29, 16 7:26 AM
What is going on with your tech support? I have submitted two requetsts for help over the past 8 days, both times with the Dr. Felix attachment. Nothing has happened. Nobody has contacted me. Imperial Island 3 is still freezing ( on level 70) after uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice on my brand new HP computer that is using Windows 10. I have purchased Big Fish games for years and used to be able to get actual assistance when things went wrong. If your company is now to big to care about your customers, I won't buy games from you any more.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Mar 5, 16 9:59 AM
I am using windows 7. The game was fine until around level 90. Then, my bonuses weren't there, the game wasn't loading etc. Then, at around 100 or so I have a mainly blank screen. I see the menu button and the timed mode button. The rest is blank. Before when this happened, I could restart the game and it would be fine. But now I can't restart the game.

This is the only game I am having issues with, so no it isn't a driver problem, cookie problem, browser problem or any of the other fixes you recommend first. It is a Imperial Island problem.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Mar 5, 16 10:01 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to talk about the technical issues that people have been coming across. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post the problems they're seeing here. The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants everyone to be able to play the game without experiencing a glitch, and will continue to pass along posts on issues so that the appropriate teams can look into them.

To address these issues, I suggest taking a look at the help article I've included below. It contains information and steps that can help work out the kinds of issues being discussed here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

LYNNEWHITNEY, I'm sorry to hear that an access violation came up in the game. The following help article has steps to specifically address this issue:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

If anyone continues to see an issue, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. All of our Reps are more than happy to help, and can provide further troubleshooting help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Reposting this over and over won't help. Please fix the game.

[Post New]by Tourista on Mar 8, 16 2:01 PM
My issue is that after playing it through once, the gaming area has moved down the screen and is partly covering the "railway line" at the screen edge. This means it is now unplayable as any icons in that area cant be moved.

Obviously have deleted and uploaded the game with no improvement.

Have loads of other BF games, and not one problem have I had with them.

Have just sent a help request, and will update if I get a reply on this matter.

kens1129
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Game running slow.

[Post New]by kens1129 on Mar 15, 16 12:56 PM
hpf1 wrote:I am using Windows 10 on a high spec machine. The game is running slow on level 75, so slow in fact in that it is unusable. It also did it on one of the event games but I managed to slowly get past it. This also happened with the previous Imperial Island offerings, you get to a level and the game runs prohibitively slowly. This was reported last time by many users but not fixed so I gave up and stopped playing the game. I hope that this isn't going to happen again. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same problem with this game and a previous Imperial Island. It slows down to a crawl and then will speed up for a few seconds and then slow down again. Of all the big fish games that I have purchased these 2 are the only ones I have had a problem with.

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Mar 16, 16 10:49 PM
Yep. Having some of the same issues as others. Got to the hidden object game (level 80) where you find the voodoo dolls and magic masks outside the hut and everything slows to a crawl. I just let it do its thing hoping that it was just a problem with that level. Now my game is stuck on a "level completed" screen. I can exit to the map but when I come back in (or restart the game) I have to play that search level again with same result.
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Edit: I let it run and finally completed the level and put me back on the map. Took about 10 minutes and level 81 is working okay. Disappointing but at least working for now.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 3:00:18 AM PST

[Post New]by crimsoncrab on Mar 20, 16 2:35 PM
Not even past Level 42 and it has slowed to a crawl. Windows 7 Pro 64 here. Other recent BigFish games work just fine. Imperial Island 3 has serious problems!

[Post New]by kimlisk on Mar 30, 16 6:43 AM
Game will not load past intro screen. I played to level 198 and it got increasingly worse. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no improvement, I want to play this game as i love the way it advances.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Game running slow.

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 30, 16 6:48 AM
kens1129 wrote:
hpf1 wrote:I am using Windows 10 on a high spec machine. The game is running slow on level 75, so slow in fact in that it is unusable. It also did it on one of the event games but I managed to slowly get past it. This also happened with the previous Imperial Island offerings, you get to a level and the game runs prohibitively slowly. This was reported last time by many users but not fixed so I gave up and stopped playing the game. I hope that this isn't going to happen again. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same problem with this game and a previous Imperial Island. It slows down to a crawl and then will speed up for a few seconds and then slow down again. Of all the big fish games that I have purchased these 2 are the only ones I have had a problem with.

Same thing has happened to me. I am on 127.
It goes really really slow loading the tiles, with the occasional 1 second normal speed.
This exact thing happened to me with game #1. So i was hoping by #3 it would be fixed.

[Post New]by graygame on Apr 2, 16 2:13 PM
This game is completely frozen. I have to use the task manager to shut game down. Windows 7. Everything updated. No other issues. Please give me a fix for this game or a refund.

SeaSirenFL
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by SeaSirenFL on Apr 4, 16 12:26 PM
Just wanted to join the chorus of those having issues with the game. I started having issues after level 100, when I got to 130 the game lost the visual of the board but kept the Menu button and the Timer button as well as the levels of supplies. It wouldn't let me restart the level. I've started over and have begun to have issues at level 19.

I'm not going to request help, since the only response is that there must be something wrong with your computer, or your various components (video card, etc.). Those responding are always very helpful and often provide great assistance at checking and trying all manor of things regarding your personal computer. However, I think the time has come that the "powers that be" must look to the games themselves as being the problem.

LobsterMann
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Apr 4, 16 12:47 PM
I quit the game in the middle of a episode, level 44. when I returned to play, the game crashed and it's over. now that I've played all 3 versions, I can tell you that this always happens. As an owner, can anyone give me a timeline of when this will be fixed?

[Post New]by Eggnoggin on Apr 8, 16 4:36 PM
I'm at level 37 and suddenly the map icons and power-up icons don't show any more. I moused over where they should be and got the pop-up tag that tells what it is, but not the icons themselves. I read the comments above and turned full screen off, and the icons came back, but when I went back to full screen, they were gone again, AND the custom cursor was weird (half-there). I went back to the game and the whole screen was messed up -- the playing board tiles were overlapping and half-there, etc.

Edited to add: Today I tried again and it played fine for a while, then all of a sudden it started showing me the possible moves if I hesitated for a second or two, then it showed me the moves whether I hesitated or not, just one after the other. I'm done with this game -- hopefully Big Fish will give me credit toward something else.

Edited on 04/09/2016 at 6:31:54 PM PST

Pini1Anne2
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Pini1Anne2 on Apr 16, 16 6:17 AM
I have Windows 7, First time I played without any problems until level 76. At that stage the screen was focusing on the right, so that could not access the rows at the far right. I uninstalled, reinstalled, removed the data from the computer through Programs - no luck. Opened a new profile and started playing again - reached level 77 and the same thing happened, just opposite to the left. Really a pity, because the game is by far the best match 3 I have ever played. Could you possibly think of creating an update that would help all of us small fishies?
Thank you in advance

Game running slow.

[Post New]by KingBobCat on Apr 26, 16 1:58 PM

Same here... Some kind of major slowdown and it seems that the map screen icons are bleeding through the puzzle screen (I can see the map screen icon descriptions in the puzzle level when I mouse over where they would be on the map screen). Makes the game unplayable... Is there a patch?

[Post New]by Oldgamer60 on May 23, 16 8:50 AM
I'm running windows 10, just started playing the game for the 1st time, and am getting a flashing light , just a blimp for a second, but keeps occurring like lightning flashes, very annoying.

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on May 27, 16 10:12 PM
I got through the main game, to the point where I'd built all the buildings, with only a few problems, but now I'm on Level 237 and the board loads so slowly it's not worth playing. This started at about level 225 or 230 and has gotten progressively worse since then. I am running Windows 10 with a NVIDEA GE Force GTS 450 video card. I've updated drivers and restarted the computer with no effect.

[Post New]by JorJee on May 30, 16 11:07 AM
I've played twice now, and the game only gets to the same point both times, and then it freezes, or just doesn't give me the option to hit "play" anymore. I am playing on a PC. Could you help? Thanks.

[Post New]by jjteach on Jun 6, 16 3:15 PM
Hi

I am using Windows 7 and i think at level 63 - no game, just a black screen with the menu, inventory, scores and play at the top and timed box at the bottom.

have tried to re boot, and gone in and out of game - not happy

aoakley455
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by aoakley455 on Jun 9, 16 3:17 AM
Reached level 300 something. Windows 7. My screen is totally black as well except for the menu, play, timed and inventory buttons. Nothing happens when I hit the play button. Tried several times to restart the game and even uninstalled and installed it to no avail. Guess I was luckier than some, getting to play that many levels. But if there are more levels, should be able to play them all, after all, I did pay for a complete game. Big fish always seems to think it's everyone's computers and not at their end. Time to fix it at your end Big Fish.

Go to: