sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera

[Post New]by sokjeff on Feb 12, 10 4:47 PM
Wow, this is a fantastic homerun of a game. I really enjoy the difficulty level of these puzzles so far. I was growing tired of the simplistic nature of the puzzles that were in other games. We are getting used to the old tricks and more than ready for some new ones. This game has a decent length (4-5 hours so far and I am still going) and a great value for the price. I look forward to the next game in the series, the included preview looks amazing. Great job Big Fish! Challenge us more!

camink
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by camink on Feb 14, 10 1:45 PM
I love this game,but i'm having a problem.I cant get the fly off the wall to give it to the frog so I can get the antifreeze that I need. For some reason the game just wont let me.

Stuck

[Post New]by amberlights on Feb 14, 10 2:58 PM
I seem to be out of finding anymore objects to advance further in the game, I the items I have collected, don't apply to the two puzzles I need to finish in order to continue. I've clicked on all locations & there's nothing more to search for. How are you supposed to continue the game then?

Ylen86
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ylen86 on Feb 14, 10 10:44 PM
What puzzle are you on?

[Post New]by wds_lrtt on Feb 15, 10 2:56 PM
i am stuck at the part where there is a cemetery, stain glass, and a broken door knob, where do I go to fine Items to help me?

[Post New]by maroisjulie on Feb 15, 10 6:16 PM
Need some help plz
I am in the "call for help" part. I got the SHEPHERD’S CROOK but it is like the game does not recognise i got it... i cannot get the key with it. I tried many time, went back to all the screens, stop and restart the game, nothing seems to work...

The note book still tells me to find a way to knock off the object on the pole.... i got it but i cannot use it.

I enjoy the game but i don't want to start back from the start!!!

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Feb 15, 10 7:57 PM
maroisjulie wrote:Need some help plz
I am in the "call for help" part. I got the SHEPHERD’S CROOK but it is like the game does not recognise i got it... i cannot get the key with it. I tried many time, went back to all the screens, stop and restart the game, nothing seems to work...

The note book still tells me to find a way to knock off the object on the pole.... i got it but i cannot use it.

I enjoy the game but i don't want to start back from the start!!!

There seems to be a glitch with that part, you need to click below the sparkles for it to work. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by KLong1273 on Feb 18, 10 5:56 AM
I'm stuck too. I can't find anymore places to search for anything at and I haven't found any way to unlock the freezer or get ice off of a door by the opera house. The only Items i have are pliers, lantern, a ruby eye and a saphire eye.

[Post New]by KLong1273 on Feb 18, 10 5:57 AM
wds_lrtt wrote:i am stuck at the part where there is a cemetery, stain glass, and a broken door knob, where do I go to fine Items to help me?

You need a screw driver for the broken door knob. You need to find a brick so you can break the stain glass in the church.

[Post New]by purpleg on Feb 18, 10 2:30 PM
I have turned on the electricity and solved the puzzle in the tower. But then the game freezes. Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by purpleg on Feb 20, 10 6:17 AM
fyi - I got unstuck at the tower puzzle by making sure my direct x was up-to-date and uninstalling and reinstalling. Maybe just the re-installing will do it?? Anyway, this is the end of the game. The rest is denouement (i.e., explaining the why of the murders) and then the credits.

[Post New]by JaquieF on Mar 27, 10 4:54 PM
Could someone tell me where the cliff is?

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Mar 29, 10 8:22 AM
Cliff is past the tunnel in the Shop Street. You will need to solve a puzzle to gain access.

[Post New]by Taranakilad1 on Jul 11, 10 8:38 PM
Awesome game got right up to the castle then exited the game only to find when I came back the next day that I had to start from scratch again. Help please

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 26, 10 7:21 AM
My game is not saving, either, and I was going along good, too! This is the second time I've created a new profile and started from scratch. It seems like nobody is getting that problem solved.

Some people don't have that issue but those that do are not getting it solved. It continues to not save for all of them, unless I'm wrong?

I would like to be able to play through this game so would somebody help with the save issue???

[Post New]by jllitten on Aug 8, 10 3:37 PM
Re: Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera; I really liked Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy!!! Was that supposed to be a pre-cursor to this? I thought Asylum was a better game all around. Hopefully they will come up with something new soon to continue the story of Carolina and Vincent or Viggo and Christine. (although i only played the demo for the opera one).

HHWW
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by HHWW on Aug 12, 10 9:14 AM
I really enjoyed Curse of the opera. Bought it during the billion sale. It was quite difficult in parts but it is good to exercise the grey cells. Some objects were difficult to spot but that is half the fun. It is a long game and good value for money. Will play Asylum soon and see how that is.

[Post New]by dumbfemale on Oct 30, 10 5:37 AM
fantastic game...just had to buy it.....

[Post New]by fall12 on Mar 15, 12 2:51 PM
Thanks for the help knocking down the key at the telephone post at the bridge.Was
having a lot of trouble until I started searching for help.Thanks to the forum you helped me.

what do I do with the axe

[Post New]by apc123 on May 17, 12 12:38 AM
camink wrote:I love this game,but i'm having a problem.I cant get the fly off the wall to give it to the frog so I can get the antifreeze that I need. For some reason the game just wont let me.

Go to: